Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YoYoCheese

Hopeless Masquerade - New Official Touhou Fighter!

Argh, I'm getting like 20 FPS on this shit comp of mine.

Anyone have a translation of the config menu? Highly doubt I can do anything but might as well be good to know.

Also this game is wierd as fuck. I went into training and started mashing with Koishi to get a feel and...sometimes she just does random shit for no reason. What.

Koishi stores moves and activates them. B stores melee, Y stores projectiles.

If the timer runs out she does the move you stored herself. Or you could do short dash and she'll automatically do it. I think there's also a way to hold the button and make it so you have to activate it yourself without the timer.

She also has a ring where if you run into it she teleports and does a hit.

She's really weird to use.

Pushblock makes it so that keeping a constant blockstring isn't really a thing in this game, at least not at this level. Your best bet is to keep a steady offense to keep your ennemy's max spirit low.

I just can't find any damage for Miko at all. It seems one loop of her 5AAA string with limit and 2k damage is my limit so far. Really sucks.

To anyone getting shitty FPS--try setting the game to full-screen and cutting the FPS in half (it's in the config menu). For some reason this makes it run a hell of a lot faster.

Marisa

Midscreen

5B -> 5X -> 66A -> 5B -> Declare -> Blazing Star 5.7k

8B(1) -> 5X -> 9 -> 2B(3) -> 5X -> Declare -> Blazing Star 5.5k

5AAA2A(2) -> 5X -> 3 -> 5X -> 9 -> (8B or 66A -> 5B or 5B) -> Declare -> Blazing Star 3.8k

66A -> 5X -> 3 -> 5X -> 9 -> 66A -> 5B -> Declare -> Blazing Star 5.7k

66A -> 5B -> 5X -> 66A -> 5B -> Declare -> Blazing Star 5.3k almost no spirit used

6B -> 5X -> 66A -> 5B -> Declare -> Blazing Star 5.8k

Non-Super

66A -> 5B -> 5X -> 2B(3) -> any bullet/special (3k)

8B -> 5X -> 9 -> 2B(3) -> any bullet/special (3k)

Oh my. And if you swap those with a predeclared master spark it does +1k at least. 5A into predeclared master spark with that same combo does 6.1k. In some places 66A -> 5B and 8B and 5B can be interchangeable.

Just pointing it out, but they recently released a patch to the game. It fixes few bugs, which include Koishi's Growing Pain move (the vine and rose move, used to crash the game).

They also put download links to character's sprites (I will not post them right now if I don't ahve permission to do so).

Yeah, since Reitaisai is already over. It lags a bit on my PC, so I haven't tried it out yet.

Try setting the bg to medium or low quality, or the draw rate to 1/2.

The popularity mechanic is stupid in a lot of ways (and doesnt do what it should be doing anyway) but it wouldn't be half as bad without that first hit bonus. Seriously what the hell ?

The popularity mechanic is stupid in a lot of ways (and doesnt do what it should be doing anyway) but it wouldn't be half as bad without that first hit bonus. Seriously what the hell ?

Idk I'm beginning to think Tasofro got lucky with IaMP.

Are they planning on releasing more characters in this game later on? My main in soku was Remilia but she's not in this game and now I can't find a character that appeals to me. :(

Popularity really ends up being this:

- Did you score a lot of counter hits?

- Did you finish combos with limit/spellcard/both

- If you had a spellcard declared, did you use it?

Popularity actually ends up being a reward for zoning, rather than a reward for aggressive play. Blockstrings don't really give you popularity, and if your opponent is doing it right they're not losing much popularity during it either. In a game like this it doesn't sound too bad.

What bothers me more is no throws, autoblock, and no autocorrect at all.

Wasnt it supposed to punish people from playing passive and sitting on a lead since opening them up is impossible ? Cause that's pretty much what you should do at all times and it's pretty boring.

getting back from a 10% gap really feels impossible at 30 seconds on the timer if the other player plays patiently, and that really blows.

Declaring a spellcard doesnt really help since the opponent can deny them, and most of them are unsafe (and you're punished for not using it, so if you don't see an opening you're forced to use it raw).

1.04 patch is up. TL'd changelog courtesy of shrinemaiden.org:

<System>

Fixed a bug related to Random Select of Stages and BGMs.

You can now cancel into various actions after getting stunned in a standing position. I don't have anyone who can play against me, so I don't know how it exactly works.

You can now return to the Character Select screen if you press Esc during Network matches

<Items>

You can't use the 'Broom' item as a one-time use. For now.

Reduced damage reduction of the 'Force Field' item. (i.e. It was nerfed)

<Hakurei Reimu>

Fixed a bug where Ying Yang Orbs were sometimes ungrazable.

<Hijiri Byakuren>

Fixed a bug where KOing with Byakuren's Last Word will cause, well, problems. (Too lazy to find good enough English for this)

Fixed a bug where the location of the hitbox was incorrect for a moment while dashing forward.

Byakuren now has slightly extended graze frames after long-distance dashing. (Holding until a blue burst appears.)

Byakuren can guard while doing the 'stop backdash' motion.

<Mononobe no Futo>

Fixed a bug where the 'ground fire' effect in Futo's Last Word had a canceling hitbox.

<Toyosatomimi no Miko>

Miko can guard while doing the 'stop backdash' motion.

Fixed a bug where Miko's X projectile had different properties depending on direction. (By properties, it could be something as simple as damage)

<Kawashiro Nitori>

Nitori now has slightly extended graze frames after dashing forward.

<Futatsuiwa Mamizou>

Mamizou can guard while doing the 'stop backdash' motion.

Mamizou's Chicken Guard is now changed. (To match the change in 1.03b, I think)

Fixed a bug where getting hit after using Mamizou's boiling pot spellcard causes you to lose a leaf.

Mamizou now has slightly extended graze frames after dashing forward.

Mamizou's X projectiles and Lute Priest projectiles are more visible.