Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikelAL93

Sega Model 2 Collection

Official Website: http://amcvt.sega.jp/model2/

Trailer:

Virtua Fighter 2, Sonic the Fighters, Virtual On, and Fighting Vipers are now heading their way to PSN. Even though Virtua Striker is included, its not a fighting game, so why even bother?

In all seriousness, I can't wait to get play them once they get released. It'll be a pleasure to finally get a chance to play them online; even Fighting Vipers, which will be my first time playing the game.

Looks like they're adding a few extras specifically for these releases, which appear to be ports of the PS2 SEGA Ages Collection anyway so yeah. Here's a quick rundown of the extra stuff.

-Sonic the Fighters will let you play as Honey the Cat (furry version of Candy from Fighting Vipers who was only in the Japanese version), Metal Sonic, Eggman (AKA Dr. "Robotonic" in this game), and maybe Super Sonic.

-VF2 has Dural selectable by default, it looks like. You can also switch the balance between 2.0 and 2.1, and I think it has the Arranged soundtrack from the Saturn version.

-Fighting Vipers has Mahler, Big Mahler, and Kumachan selectable by default. If we're lucky we might also get Pepsiman.

-Virtual-On has a bunch of new shit. You can play as the huge boss version of Jaguarandi instead of the Saturn one where he's tiny and fucking sucks, there's a Z-Gradt mode where you get to play as the last boss, a chibi mode, and a secret boss that can only be fought by clearing the game on the new Fierce difficulty without continuing and under 5 minutes. If you do this correctly, you'll hear Fei-Yen's Heart Beam noise after beating Raiden and fight the original Fei-Yen (the one in the game is a clone, this one is blue/purple to signify the difference) instead of Z-Gradt. The boss version plays the same except she's always in Hyper Mode by default.

-Sonic the Fighters will let you play as Honey the Cat (furry version of Candy from Fighting Vipers who was only in the Japanese version)

Actually, she was never in any version. She was completely cut out. *huge Sonic nerd here* This is the first time she's been included officially. Funny how they include her but not any of the dummy characters like "Rocket Metal".

This collection looks really good especially since I used to spend a lot of time in the arcades playing sports games. Virtual Strikers I never had the chance to play because it used to more expensive than the sports game I played on the neo-geo cabinets but, it looks really good to me so I'm cool with Sega adding it. The fighting games are awesome too along with Virtual On and hopefully they will have the same netcode that VF5FS is using and maybe in the future Sega could release Fighting Vipers 2 and Fighters Megamix which will be great. I wonder how much all of these games are gonna cost though?

I wonder how much all of these games are gonna cost though?

Each game will cost 800 MSP on XBLA and $9.99 (¥800 plus tax in JP) on PSN.

Ouch well it looks like I may have to pick and choose what games I want first instead of blowing all my money to get the collection on the first day like I usually do. Unless Sega has a special deal for PSN+ members then I'll probably buy all of it.

Sonic the Fighters may have been a shitty game competitively but it had a pretty rockin soundtrack

.. just sayin

Release Dates + Pricing info revealed

Virtua Fighter 2, Fighting Vipers, and Sonic the Fighters will reach PSN on November 27th in North America, December 5th in Europe. XBLA release will be a day after the US PSN release (November 28th). They will be priced at $4.99 (PSN USD), and 400 MSP (XBL) each.

That's pretty lame. Luckily I have a JPN PSN account but, I'll wait and see what SEGA is up to. Maybe they'll change their minds and release it in the spring for everyone else?

The really jerk move is that there's no splitscreen. My copy of the goddamn Windows 95 port has splitscreen for goodness' sake.