Sign in to follow this  
Pichy

[GGAC+R] Combo Thread

EDIT: Nope, doesn't do positive proration from what I can see.

Edited by Pichy

Additionally: In the corner I can land (Whatever, I've been mainly using throw) 6H, 22{K,D,H} (FRC) 6H.

I've noticed that against some characters, like Sol, I can do throw > 6H > 22S > 6H and the second 6H will link, no FRC required. It happens because the 22S bomb doesn't explode immediately (unlike 22H) so you get more time to follow up.

Things from a jump-in j.H that's too high to continue with a ground string:

j.H-j.swordS(FRC), j.S, 6H, whatever rejump combo

j.H-j.swordS(FRC), j.S or j.D, dj.S(H or D), whatever

Also, I've been toying with relaunch combos using j.swordS FRC. For example:

Whatever-> 6H-sj.S(2)D-j.swordS(FRC), 6H -> Whatever combo. I'm not 100% solid on my followups yet, but I'm noticing this tends to do about a zillion damage.

Edited by Digital Watches

Actually wait, wtf? I can't seem to get a second michael sword to come out after FRCing michael sword before landing. Like, j.H Michael (FRC), j.S(1), dj.S(1) Michael doesn't happen. Is that a thing? Can you only have one per jump, or am I fucking up?

Actually wait, wtf? I can't seem to get a second michael sword to come out after FRCing michael sword before landing. Like, j.H Michael (FRC), j.S(1), dj.S(1) Michael doesn't happen. Is that a thing? Can you only have one per jump, or am I fucking up?

ive tried to ghetto double michael sword mid combo. you cant do it twice per combo in the air even after a RC.

EDIT: you can do it twice mid combo if you can land, jump and combo into JS again. so the limit is 1 MS in the air regardless of meter spent, if you dont touch the ground you cant do it again. i even tested it using jump MS>FRC>jump>41236S and it wouldnt come out.

Edited by psycofang2

From completely fullscreen, Michael FRC Saperia K just barely makes the K connect if you're super fast, then you can combo from it with e.g. K-c.S-j.S-j.swordH, j.H

Dust combo I've been using that I stole from TON:

5D > jD > djD > djS > jD > djA*n > jS > 41236S

do jA as many times as necessary to get them high enough for the last jS to hit, it can whiff sometimes based on character height. This combo is pretty universal and hits HELLA hard.

Can anyone tell me when I should be extending combos with j.Michael Sword FRC? I've played around with it some but my combos seem to do less damage than a normal BNB, or only barely more at best.

So j.H is a baller combo starter. You can confirm a j.H from any height except the very top of its range into damage if you have 50% meter:

From High:

j.H-Michael FRC j.D-dj.D Saperia, 6H, whatever

From Low but not low enough to ground string:

j.H-Michaael FRC 6H whatever

From really low:

j.H, 2H, j.K whatever

Meterless combos off of corner throw ending in knockdown -

Throw > very early 6HS > 22HS > 6HS > jS [1] > jHS (Character specific, works on Anji)

Throw > 6HS > 22HS > jP > jS [1] > jHS (Less specific, works on Faust)

Meterless combo off of midscreen throw ending in knockdown -

Throw > 6HS > jS [1] > jP > jS [1] > j41236HS > jS [1] > jc > jHS (Character specific, works on Faust and I think Potemkin).

Edited by Eshi

Yeah, that's fine. Most throw combos do roughly the same damage anyway due to how harshly scaled they are. Meter gain, positioning and knockdown are the important parts.

Sweet new tech!

j.P 41236S FRC, 5K, 5S, 41236S

Instant overhead! Works on tall characters! Only if they're standing! In other words, this is the most you can get off of that fuzzy guard setup on Testament.

i practiced nuking loops in the corner

throw > 6H > d.nuke > 6h > h.nuke > 6h > -I Think This Is Possible-> j.s >j.h

this very frame specific combo does less than bnb and leaves them in nuke oki ---lightweight only

Pissed off she has more specific combo's than millia.

I also think it's possible throw > HMichael midscreen > 6h working long distance/certain distance. lightweights.

some good shit i found out

throw > HMichael > 2h > j.k > j.s(1) > J.Hmichael > delay S > delay dj.s > delay dj.h

works outside of fat characters and johnny.

throw > 6h > ... > ....

for lightweights

near the corner doesn't work

does 150~

Man, even the slightest bit of guardbar gets you so much damage.

On Sol, set to block "First": c.S(Blocked)-6H(2)-41236H, 6H(2)-j.D-j.41236S (1) (FRC), land 6H(2)->sj.S(1)H-41236S: 326 damage and knockdown.

Granted, this combo has guardbar, but it comes from a decent frametrap that you can also mix up from. c.S, 6P, and j.H all will set this up for varying amounts of GB, and can all also go into e.g. 2K, rejump P, ground string to michael for pushback, tick throw, etc. Having a high-damage confirm like that for so little meter is nice, even if it is a slow, mid-hitting move. If they do block the 6H, it's not like you can't JC it. :p

Digital Watches I heard a hangout happened between you and NYC, did you play guilty gear/justice? If so, how was it?

It was my first tournament in a while, so I focused on Axl mostly, but I got a few rounds as Justice in against some people and it went okay. I need to get faster with my guesses, and remember what my setups are. I'm hoping we can start streaming in Portland soon, so hopefully I can get some footage so y'all can see how fraudulent I am. :keke:

Sign in to follow this