Sign in to follow this  
Teyah

[AC+] XBL Gamertag Thread

ElvenShadow: wouldn't it be better to just report these issues to arcsys and ask them for a fix? And sure, they are not necessarily entitled to fix the issues, but as much as I love the game, I wouldn't be spending that kind of money on a game that didn't deliver. Quite honestly, as much as I like the game, if they keep GGXXAC+ the way it is, it will be my last game I buy from arcsys.

ill be on later today (like starting 6pm est) for a while to grind training mode :vbang:

if you wanna play, just hit me up :toot:

im new jersey, so keep in mind :eng101:

So for those of you guys who are playing on xbox live, how is the lag when you fight people in Japan from outside of Japan? I have only fought 2 people that I know of for a fact that were not in Japan and both matches were like playing under water. Most of my matches against other people in Japan are really good, and when there is lag, its nothing close to what I experienced with those 2 matches. Do you get playable matches on xbox outside the country?

other question is, are you actually able to connect to games when you use custom search? when I try on PSN it has not worked even once. only quick match lets me get matches.

I am honestly considering buying an xbox JUST for online GG. I would need a new stick, console, and xbox live subscription, so its throwing down a lot just for one game. do you think its worth it? PSN would be fine if it wasnt for the terrible match making. quick match is fine for now, but I worry that once the game is out in other countries, half of the matches I get on quick match wont be playable... so unless sony fixes the custom search feature, i might just get an xbox....

To be honest I've only had a couple matches with Japanese players that were playable, but most of the time there is a half a second delay. I tend to avoid them by checking profile location before fighting when I set up a room. Really wish arc would let us see the ping before starting a match rather than just custom search.

Custom search I have no problem with that. Get a list and choose a game with decent bars and fight. I never heard of anyone who had a problem with the custom match function.

Now throwing down all the money before knowing whether arc will patch your problem is up to you. Maybe it's just you with some network problem and playing on the xbox would cause the same issue. But so far I'm pleased with the performance of GG, so long as the person I'm playing isn't more than 1 state away and not dling stuff lol.

Hmmm... OK, thanks. This problem doesn't happen with other games online so I doubt it's just me. Other people on PSN have said they have the same problem. I will wait longer and see if they fix it for now, but I still wanted to hear what the xbox situation is like.

Hmmm... OK, thanks. This problem doesn't happen with other games online so I doubt it's just me. Other people on PSN have said they have the same problem. I will wait longer and see if they fix it for now, but I still wanted to hear what the xbox situation is like.

Definitely not any better. To throw all that money on just one game is not worth it. I honestly doubt the Xbox online situation is ANY better than PS3.

Just to give you an idea...

My buddy rip2ya lives 2 hrs away in Indy and sure, when the connection is running good its damn good. That being said, we still have to suffer through nasty lag spikes and massive FPS dips from time to time. I played with 2 Chicago players; One with tons of input delay AND fps dips, another with manageable input delay and from time to time we got fps dips. I tried some games with Sean in Ohio and it is just flat out unplayable. Unless they can provide a patch that massively improves the netcode I can't say I'd recommend you get an xbox just for gear.

Playing people from the states is probably going to be out of the question for you...guess you'll have to wait for Frosty Faustings to beat us all down! :psyduck:

I think he's more concerned about not being able to join games from custom searches and having to rely on quick search. Once the psn gets GG in other regions, he'll run into more people outside of Japan causing unplayable games.

I'm not familiar with the psn since I sold mine many years ago, but do they show profiles of said player on what region they're from? That way you can at least take a quick looking if they're in Japan or not before firing up the match.

Oh yes, forgot to address that.

I have the exact same issue. If I apply any kind of filter it makes finding matches a huge chore. I have to sit there for far too long to find a match. The only way I can find matches with decent connections is if I create my own room, set the filters and just let wait until someone joins. Even then some pretty bad connections come through.

Why not pick no filters and choose the room with good bars?

If I don't put any filters it usually finds rooms with 1 bar.

Filters dont matter, My problem is not matches not showing up... it always returns a list of a few... the problem is that whenever I click on a match to play, it ALWAYS says "Cannot join the room. The room no longer exists." and yet sometimes even when I refresh the list SEVERAL TIMES after, the room still is showing up in the search....

I play on a 360 and live in Atlanta. Finding opponents, regardless of whether I'm in Ranked/Player Match, or if I'm hosting a room or joining one, or where my opponent is located in relation to me, or how fast our broadband connections are, or whatever combination of filters I have, is a frustrating chore. I see lots of "No opponents found, search again?" and "Unable to join. The room may be full, etc" type messages. When I do find someone, the Line Quality is about as good of a predictor of lag as throwing darts on a board. Once the match starts, it's all over the place--some matches are kinda playable but with medium delay, some have a large flat delay, some seem really good at the start then experience massive lag spikes later in the match, some are Dural's stage in Virtua Fighter 2. It's a totally unpredictable mess.

In short, DO NOT waste money buying another console of either brand if you already have this game for the other. Judging from both PS3 and 360 players' comments, the netcode is equally insulting on either system.

I'm extremely fortunate to have a roommate to play with daily and a scene to meet with weekly, but I definitely feel sorry for the fans that don't. The primary reason many GG fans (myself included) bought this port was for the online play, and with that mode being moot considering how awful it is, I feel like I essentially bought the same version of the same game twice. It's a slap in the face and utterly shameful. I have respected ArcSys for a very long time now, but their lackluster effort shown here has definitely lowered my opinion of them.

I sincerely hope they get their shit together for ACR's eventual release.

Ok, so has anyone tried contacting Ark System Works and telling them how problematic the online is? I would love to but I can't find an email address on their website to contact them. Yamanaka's twitter was posted on SRK a while back but I don't have a twitter account. anyone know?

Somehow, I get the feeling that they know all of this by now, and perhaps even knew before the game was released. The game itself is perfect, but the features are clearly a rushed hackjob. Something tells me we're either going to see the much needed functionality added when +R hits, or it'll just stay shitty forever.

I definitely wouldn't buy another console just for GGAC online; the 360 doesn't offer anything over the PS3 at this point. I don't even try to discriminate between "good" and "bad" connections anymore because they all suck, really. I just press buttons and watch my life bar disappear because my character takes 10+ frames to register block inputs.

Edited by qwerty

Yes the netcode could use some work, but I mean if you and the person you're playing are at least some what near each other, than it should be very well playable.

If you're lagging while playing your neighbors, either you or someone in your house is browsing, dling, uploading, youtubing, or the person you're playing is doing that same. Also don't play on wireless. Oh and if you're playing at a dorm, don't expect stable connections.

^Um... No? I play wired, with no one else using the connection, on a lagless TV, in one of the highest nationally ranked areas in US broadband speed tests. The netcode is extremely poor, period. I've been playing fighters online since CvS2 on Xbox and GGAC's netcode is the second worst they've put out next to #R's on Xbox. It is abysmal.

Having 10+ frames of delay when there are mechanics with 2f windows is unacceptable. It is not "playable", and by that I mean playing online is essentially playing a completely different game since FRCs/throw breaks/slashbacks are pretty much dice rolls.

I get a perfectly playable connection to Amadeous, about 150 miles away. Little laggy sometimes but it rarely interferes, and FRCs are no problem for either of us. Who you play, where they are, and what connection they have definitely matters.

Filters dont matter, My problem is not matches not showing up... it always returns a list of a few... the problem is that whenever I click on a match to play, it ALWAYS says "Cannot join the room. The room no longer exists." and yet sometimes even when I refresh the list SEVERAL TIMES after, the room still is showing up in the search....

Have you tried "create room" and turning on "connection quality" filter?

It has been working well for me in player match on xbla.

Edited by Rabbit360

I can do FRC's in even the worst of my matches, my problem is that I can't do Dash Jackhound or move as I want to. Sometimes it'll randomly drop inputs in the middle of gatlings, too.

I've pretty much given up on finding the one person I can have a playable match with. Granted, my internet here is shit, but things don't get much better when I go to my friend's (who has cable). I would say my case is the exception, except it seems that a lot of people have the same problems. Vocal minority, perhaps?

Have you tried "create room" and turning on "connection quality" filter?

It has been working well for me in player match on xbla.

you cannot create rooms in ranked. I don't have a problem creating rooms and getting people in player matches, but that's besides the point. I just want to be able to utilize the search function for ranked.

If GG matchmaking is the same as BB, an attempt to get the custom list automatically means you're generating a room. That generated room allows people to challenge you while you're browsing. And adding to that, anyone that is trying to do a quick find, will attempt to join your room and their rooms are on for display in the player list.

OK so if I just leave it on custom search results it will allow people to challenge me? I guess that's all well and good but it still doesn't allow me to choose people with good connections. It isn't all that much different than just using quick match but I'll give it a shot...

Also, game is not dead, there are a lot of people playing (on PSN at least)

OK so if I just leave it on custom search results it will allow people to challenge me? I guess that's all well and good but it still doesn't allow me to choose people with good connections. It isn't all that much different than just using quick match but I'll give it a shot...

Also, game is not dead, there are a lot of people playing (on PSN at least)

Sir, this is the 360 thread :eng101:

There aren't many people on live. The most I've seen online was 4.

But like somebody said, the netplay is definitely incompatible with GG's play-style

Sign in to follow this