Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jedpossum

[VH] Vampire Hunter Info & Discussion

This Thread is for Discussion of the second game in the series Vampire Hunter or by the Capcom USA title Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge.

There is a lot of differences between the two game a lot of characters were changed drastically or removed from Savior.

First thing I'm going to talk about the differences in mechanics.

There is a regular round system instead of white health and lives.

There is Air Links instead of Air Chains

Guard Cancel is named Guard Reversal and isn't a universal input.

The other universal mechanics such as Dark Force is a super transformation each with there own input if your character has one.

Push blocking isn't in the game unless you count Phobos' Guard Reversal.

The Tier List from All About Vampire Hunter (I will edit if a newer tier list found)

S Bishamon, Aulbath

A Gallon, Pyron, Sasquatch, Morrigan, Phobos

B Zabel, Anakaris

C Demitri, Felica

D Lei Lei , Donovan, Victor

So I signed up for an account here just because of this thread. This game is easily my favorite fighting game of all time, and for the past year I've been dedicating myself to growing an offline scene for it. I've managed to get about 4 regulars outside of myself to play the game with me, and the gaming center we meet at has also put VH on stream because of us. Here's a link to an old stream if anyone's interested:

http://www.twitch.tv/ugslive/b/344023968

It's from about a month ago and we're all much better than we are here, but you get the gist of it. The actual matches start at about 28:00 (the whole first half is just someone playing arcade waiting for other people to show up).

So yeah. Needless to say I'm stoked for the collection to drop in March. I don't know how big Hunter is going to get (probably not very, but I can hope), but I can't wait regardless.

The Darkstalkers Combination Cup used to have a tier list and analysis of each character. Their tier list was:

S: Rikuo, Bishamon, Pyron, Talbain, Sasquatch

A: Morrigan, Huitzil, Anakaris, Raptor

C: Demitri, Felicia

D: Hsien-Ko, Donovan, Victor

I'm guessing the lack of a B tier is supposed to indicate that there's a wide gap between the S and A tiers and the C and D tiers. As for Felicia, one disadvantage that she has is a low health rating, compared to Savior where it was average. On that subject, Hunter only has 3 health rankings (high, average, low) compared top Savior's 5 (very high, high, average, low, very low).

This Friday I'm getting together with my offline scene. We finally got a recording device, so we'll be recording our matches and uploading them to youtube or something. I'll post the links here when they're ready.

TKO posted a new tier list last month, as well as some matchup info.

S: Sasquatch, Bishamon

A: Rikuo, Pyron, Huitzil, Morrigan

B: Talbain, Anakaris, Raptor

C: Felicia, Demitri, Hsien-Ko

D: Donovan, Victor

Sasquatch has favorable matchups against pretty much everyone. Bishamon and Morrigan give him a pretty even matchup.

Bishamon also has favorable matchups against pretty much everyone. The ones that come slightly close to giving him a hard time are Rikuo and Talbain.

Pyron has bad matchups with Saquatch, Bishamon, and Rikuo.

Rikuo has bad matchups with Sasquatch and Huitzil.

Huitzil has bad matchups with Sasquatch and Bishamon.

Morrigan has bad matchups with Pyron, Rikuo, and Raptor.

Anakaris has bad matchups against Pyron, Bishamon, and Sasquatch.

Victor could almost be considered E tier. He's that much worse.

Am I the only one who bought this collection without ever having played a DS before, and likes VH better than VS? I dunno, I've only put a little bit of time into either, I guess I just don't like the one long health bar mechanic in VS more than anything. I'm enjoying both, it's just slightly annoying that this collection doesn't seem to be getting much attention from anybody, and when it does it seems like it's a given that VS is the only game anyone cares about.

Savior is the most recent, so of course it's going to be the most played. I started out with Hunter, actually, but the only reason I play it really is for the music and when I feel like playing a more traditional fighter (Hunter's soundtrack is superior to Savior's IMO, except for Fetus of God, Abaraya 2, Green Scream, and Iron Horse Iron Terror).

If they add in Hunter 2 as DLC I would definitely play that more just because it has Hunter's OST in place of Savior's.

Savior may be more popular, but a lot of people play Hunter. I'm a part of an offline community that has about 9 regulars, which is a lot more than the number of people who play Savior around here (2). The game still gets pretty large numbers at the DCC every year, too.

This Thread is for Discussion of the second game in the series Vampire Hunter or by the Capcom USA title Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge.

There is a lot of differences between the two game a lot of characters were changed drastically or removed from Savior.

First thing I'm going to talk about the differences in mechanics.

There is a regular round system instead of white health and lives.

There is Air Links instead of Air Chains

Guard Cancel is named Guard Reversal and isn't a universal input.

The other universal mechanics such as Dark Force is a super transformation each with there own input if your character has one.

Push blocking isn't in the game unless you count Phobos' Guard Reversal.

The Tier List from All About Vampire Hunter (I will edit if a newer tier list found)

S Bishamon, Aulbath

A Gallon, Pyron, Sasquatch, Morrigan, Phobos

B Zabel, Anakaris

C Demitri, Felica

D Lei Lei , Donovan, Victor

Among these are other changes.

Pursuit Attacks - In Hunter Pursuit attacks do damage, whereas in Savior they do only white damage.

Bar - You can get up to 9 stocks of bar in Hunter, and in Savior (according to Training mode) you can get up to 99. Getting hit in Hunter does not give you bar.

Projectiles - The further away you are in Hunter, the less damage any projectile based attack does , regular, ES or EX.

Tech Roll - same but in Hunter you just press back or forward when knocked down. In Savior you press the same thing + any punch or kick button. Same mechanics, different input.

No taunts in Hunter :(