Cirno

[CP] ~PtG~ Gameplay Discussion

Did you guys ever see someone punish Plat's counter after its active frames without plain grabbing her out of it? They *always* hit right into it thinking it's over but it's like the move lasts a minute. If they try to grab we can just escape it right? I'm just wondering how many vulnerable frames there are after the counter wears off.

Or is the trick to willingly hit into it, block the counter and continue pressure? I think I've seen a few players go for that.

Edited by Dai_Loli

If they try to grab we can just escape it right?

Wouldn't that be considered a counter-hit, making throw escape impossible?

How2MuMatchup, yo?

Those normals. those lasers, that DP. Sometimes I'm scared to press buttons, sometimes I'm scared to TK swallow on top of her on Oki.

Overall, I don't really know this match-up and I've been fighting her like Lambda, relying on rockets/bombs to get in, but foregoing the kitty hammer since that's in her J.C/5C range and sometimes 6C range.

2B (low profiles her j.C,fuuuuck yeaaaaahhhhhh) j.C, 5B, 3C and pretty much bullying her with your items;Cat,Missiles and well placed bombs. Don't be scared to press buttons, sometimes you have to see what works and what doesn't (or at least that's how I play, every match is an experiment). The ordinary stein lasers do no chip. Air Persia through if she does command laser from fullscreen to rush in.If you're brave, you can time it just right and press a button for the Air Persia follow-up and hopefully they'll try to press a button and you'll get a Fatal Counter from it. Most of the time they'll want you to press a button while the laser is going offscreen so that they can convert off of it. Notice that if you're close to them when you when they launch the laser of the steins, they'll be blocking, just grab them. Not only will it nullify the incoming laser, you can send her to the corner right where you want her to be. I've done this matchup with Severin for the last couple of weeks, I'm so sick of Murakumos that I want to strangle Mori for creating them. Oh, and if you're scared of 6C, just barrier break dash throughout the battle and try to stay at least 1/2 character width from her, so that 6C will whiff and you can punish her. Just deal with 6C like Jin 2D.

EDIT: ゆめかみ is a goddamn witch.

Edited by Yggjrasil

I've been testing it out to see just how far it will go in Extend, and it goes all the way to where the opponent was before they tech. If you wait until the moment they tech, she will go slightly further, but it will whiff. If you dash before doing j.22C, she will go all the way to where the opponent is after their tech, though the 22C will whiff if they don't reach the corner.

It works almost the same as in CP, though CP's 22C still travels further.

Some - thing to note here: I've seen Madoushi playing Azrael a lot in Jourdal's more recent videos.

Has he said any - thing about dropping (Or at least tending away from.) Platinum? I'd like to know if he intends to.

It looks like he has moved on to Azrael. I see him play a bit of Platinum here and there but nowhere near as much as Azrael now.

Some other players have also dropped Plat or made her their sub. Yamachi now plays Izayoi, A-ru is 50-50 with Hazama and Plat, and there might be some others. I don't really care at this point, it doesn't seem like anyone is making the effort to figure out more Plat tech. So I'll just wait until the console release and learn shit myself.

Eh, there's still Maven. And if he drops her, there will probably be another particularly notable player using her.

But if Japan isn't going to be playing Platinum, then, well, fuck Japan, I guess.