Cirno

[CP] ~PtG~ Gameplay Discussion

Bit salty at the 6B nerf, its not like any other characters can get 3k+ off their overhead no matter how its spaced and still have the ability to chain it into other normals... -.-

Edited by Kujikawa

:(

So 6B at max distance on block is going to be +5 right?

Should be

Fan +6 on block, goddamn, me gusta.

What about frying pan on the ground?

Bit salty at the 6B nerf, its not like any other characters can get 3k+ off their overhead no matter how its spaced and still have the ability to chain it into other normals... -.-

Hey, we can always fall back on our mashing-prone, pseudo-overhead that is TK Swallow :v:

Edited by Moy_X7

Hey, we can always fall back on our mashing-prone, pseudo-overhead that is TK Swallow :v:

inb4 air height limit on Swallow.

happy magika is 135 frames long, catches attacks until 105. If it is triggered, the attack comes out in 21 frames and is -33 on block.

-33, damn. Is it like Haku's counter where she's invincible until neutral on block or is she flat out -33 and is going to eat hard hitting starters?

im going to spend all of my meter on air cdt and harisen

4+1 hahahaha who thought that was a smart idea

tk typhoon closest to the ground is 9f, regular is 12. who thought this was a good idea

seriously this will connect off of like anything in the air lmao

-33, damn. Is it like Haku's counter where she's invincible until neutral on block or is she flat out -33 and is going to eat hard hitting starters?

iirc shes not invul so she'll die if she doesn't rc the doll

Yeah if you do that counter you should virtually always take the hardest possible combo if it ends up being blocked.

Looking at it and thinking about it. I think it is easier to punish by waiting for it to come out, and then hitting 2a and blocking. If you see it and don't press anything, you have to hit her during that 106-135f window.. Which is certainly harder than hitting 2a before 105f frames have passed, and then hitting 6c after you block.

But if they block it you can RC.

Does anyone know if it is crap like Makoto's parry that lets the enemy cancel into whatever they want? e.g. can people do something like 6c > jump cancel> block pillow?

Im pretty sure I saw an Izayoi do that in a video. But I think it was an RC and jump cancel into blocking the counter

Happy Meguca whenever I win a match

i saw this too. ive already stolen it

Looking at it and thinking about it. I think it is easier to punish by waiting for it to come out, and then hitting 2a and blocking. If you see it and don't press anything, you have to hit her during that 106-135f window.. Which is certainly harder than hitting 2a before 105f frames have passed, and then hitting 6c after you block.

it's guardpoint and easily safejumped, hell there's enough time to jump behind it and dodge the doll completely. imo using magica on wakeup is a terrible idea, and it's best used in-between pressure strings. i'd like to say it'd be good to beat cross-up attempts but since iirc you always teleport backwards the same regardless of what side you get hit on, the doll will probably just whiff, lol. really just need to test it myself :v #cpwhen

Edited by Cirno

But if they block it you can RC.

Does anyone know if it is crap like Makoto's parry that lets the enemy cancel into whatever they want? e.g. can people do something like 6c > jump cancel> block pillow?

I lol so hard at people that wait for the trigger frames to be over, attacking Plat before time's up, and still getting hit by the damn doll. Just throw the bitch lol. Safejumps, quick jabs, jump cancels, and special cancels should all be good enough to trigger the doll and still have time to block it/counter it. I know I'm gonna do taunt as Jin, then a 2A, then cancel it into Yukikaze for maximum lulz.

I know I'm gonna do taunt as Jin, then a 2A, then cancel it into Yukikaze for maximum lulz.

Omg that sounds amazing.

Bit off-topic, but can Yukikaze hit Tao out of her taunt?

it's guardpoint and easily safejumped, hell there's enough time to jump behind it and dodge the doll completely. imo using magica on wakeup is a terrible idea, and it's best used in-between pressure strings. i'd like to say it'd be good to beat cross-up attempts but since iirc you always teleport backwards the same regardless of what side you get hit on, the doll will probably just whiff, lol. really just need to test it myself :v #cpwhen

I just saw it used in a video I watched. It is not a guard point, it's like Makoto's parry. It does nothing to stop anything the opponent is doing until the projectile comes out.. You can cleanly cancel into whatever you want if you see it come out and don't cancel into something else first.

Pretty much any jump cancelable move you could jump cancel and block. It's definitely a terrible idea on wakeup. And I think some characters with dps will be able to cancel into DP and avoid it and be safe.

It should since Tao makes physical contact with her enemy during her taunt.

You can cleanly cancel into whatever you want if you see it come out and don't cancel into something else first.

It's a good thing that most of netplay auto-pilots like a mofo lol

I always thought of Happy Magica as a cuter version of Yosuke's R-Action. Essentially, It's one in the same,cept Happy Magica can be punished immediately by throws.

It reminds more of Naoto's than Yosuke's since you get a sort of projectile after you trigger the counter. Can you even block Yosuke's R-Action after you trigger it? If you can, then I'm doing it wrong lol.

@Errol - Any special notes on Swallow Moon? What's the earliest that we can cancel the move into whatever?