Cirno

[CP] ~PtG~ Gameplay Discussion

It's pretty quick charging. I'd guess 30f to charge, which I think might be standard in the game (like for Kagura). It will activate on 1f, so you can hit it in any gap. tried it on Azrael 5BB (+5) and then 5A which is 6f startup. biggest issue is how long the attack takes and it's range. same setup lets him JC out.

Edited by suna19

Yeah, the start-up is horrible (21F) so it allows characters enough time to jump cancel or cancel the previous attack into a reversal if baited. Oh well, some form of defensive option is better than none (not counting the Bat which requires luck to get).

It'll be good to use occasionally, but it's no DP. from what i was trying, it's possible for them to out range it, so you can't even RC

There's an IAD j.C > j.236C > j.C loop through a 6C Fatal but I forgot how it goes, you might wanna check the available combo videos. That and 5C > MJ Hammer j.D loop lol.

I still can't get over the fact that 6C and 22C are now SMP moves, so much damage and combo potential out the window...

I've always said, the SMP change hit her hard. New moves with it, and the fast tech made things bad. love the new item though

It's not just SMP: They honestly seem to have deliberately devalued almost all of her combo tools. 6A doesn't ground float. You may have been able to end some things with a second Mami for a knockdown, but the wall stick will simply make them tech considering the SMP, denying you oki.

I was positive at first, but honestly, just looking through her frame data and considering that there haven't really been any breakthroughs after ten months, they really have seemed to attempt limiting her damage for some reason in any way possible.

Still, I'm continuing to theoryfight, and once I get a PS3 I'll be testing everything I can. Hopefully I or somebody else will find improvements with the larger amount of lab time provided by console.

am having fun play with this version so far. i just need to get use to and probably doing to end up make some item combos by the time.

Hitting Training mode yesterday has been both depressing and amusing. Like InWithTheAshes said, it just feels like so many of the useful things are gone, but in replacement there are a couple of new midscreen options with said 6C fatal, gifts, bombs and missiles. Comboing from counter Cat Hammer and Bat is a bit more convenient.

I was getting punished Day 1 for trying the counter, that was also sad lol.

The combos ending with Mami no longer being possible due to SMP is making me want to go back on Jourdal's vids to really analyze how Japanese have been ending their combos : P

Also linking 3C with 236A AAA is harder than I thought it would be. The timing's pretty strict and you need to be fairly close to the opponent for the pogo stick to hit. But then again; I suck.

Yeah, you need to be quick with the 3C > 236A chain or else you'll drop it.

What I've noticed is that 5C has a shitload more pushback in this game, no wonder 5C > j.C is impossible on most characters but Tager. Now, while 5C > j.C > j.2C works on Tager, it's damn near impossible to follow up the j.2C with 5A, I tried it about 50 times and only got it once. It's just not worth it anymore lol.

Edit: It's not the SMP that's hurting Plat's combo potential right now, it's actually the timer system. There's a lot of crap that could be done in CSE that is just impossible to do now thanks to the timer system.

Edited by Moy_X7

You can still get some ok oki if you end the combo with 236AAA or 3C > Bubble. I'm working on a combo video as we speak, it might be done by Tuesday at the latest.

Looking forward to it. I've got the rhythm for 3C>236AAA down, just need to work on the spacing

So how is the execution compared to Extend? Easier or harder? Will probably pick up Plat again at some point so want to know what to expect

There are some things that are actually harder (the 6C FC IAD j.C loop) but other than that, she's a lot more simple in this game. You still have to learn how to combo into and out of 22C, which has always been everyone's bane.

Edit: Working on the combo thread now, so check back often to find new stuff. Got most of the non-item combos up there.

Edited by Moy_X7

seems Plat is invisible then it come to astral vs astral. my friend and me were testing the tranning online to see who astral first too.

well, it's not a common situation to just throw out an astral. I did it once to a friend playing Tager, to beat a spark bolt

236AAB > Diagonal Forward Super jump to j.C > NOPE here's a Swallow Moon instead because clearly you were going for a tk Swallow Moon with that motion.

Nnnnnngh, so many combo possibilities...

I just fried my brain, I'm gonna take a break from Plat for a bit and work on Jin. Got most of the item-less combos done at least.