Cirno

[CP] ~PtG~ Gameplay Discussion

random note: air OD CDT doesn't combo into the part at the end unless you comboed into with very little hitstun decay. I was about to say how sucky it is, but I just realised it might preserve pressure better since it's a built-in tech trap?

There's that and if you don't manipulate it correctly, the opponent will also just drop down before the final hit. Had it happen to me a bunch of times against Ragna.

Strangely enough, it seems like you can force which kind of end you want for OD CDT regardless of whether you started in the air or on the ground. Hold an upward direction if you started on the ground and hold down if you started in the air, minding of course, as you say, that you still ensure the last hit connects.

That said, air OD CDT ender must be spaced to be reversal safe, if you land RIGHT next to the opponent any reversal super/DP can still CH you easily.

So yeah, I'm pretty comfortable with Plat's stuff now and I've found out that the only reliable ways to get oki is off a j.D Hammer and anything that leads to 3C > 214X. If you end a combo with A Persia (slide), the opponent can recover and roll out of the corner before you can make a move. Luckily for us, a lot of things lead to 3C > 214X.

So I played against an Az offline today and despite not having any training experience aside from forty five minutes or so constructing suboptimal (although not for much) BnB's nor a stick, I would say I have some basic idea of how the matchup would be. Would it be fine if I create the threads now (although I don't really see any reason not to)?

Mind if I make them? I'm gonna use the match-up thread format that I use with the Jin match-up threads. I plan on updating them as time goes on. Got a couple of people that I can play with offline too, a pretty decent Nu, Azrael, and Kagura lol.

I played against Kagura offline for the first time yesterday and I gotta say that Wyvern gives Plat a pretty hard time since it has projectile GP for ages, which means that he will mow down any projectile you throw at him, even MJ Missiles lol. The guy picked Kagura up in a single day and was already doing some pretty sweet mix-ups and combos.

The MU against Kagura seems okay. I mostly just item spammed and zoned him, since he has a terrible time trying to approach and has pretty much no mid-range game (our 5B is suitable for bothering the crap out of him). I just Mami'd him out of WYVERN half the time.

The main problem with fighting him is the lack of a reliable way out of his corner pressure. Midscreen, it's not too bad, but his corner stuff is really dangerous and always leads to 4k+ damage.

I've been saying this everywhere, by the by, but if you see Kagura do his 2-hit sword surf move (I think it's Ryuusenken?), you can IB the second hit and throw him out of his follow-up attacks. He can opt to stop attacking there, and he may be able to DP? But in the former case, I think you can probably still get the throw, and in the latter, that's a pretty bad option for him. Don't try attacking in that gap, though, because chances are he'll just do the sword bunt, which guardpoints and fatal counters.

So yeah, I'm pretty comfortable with Plat's stuff now and I've found out that the only reliable ways to get oki is off a j.D Hammer and anything that leads to 3C > 214X. If you end a combo with A Persia (slide), the opponent can recover and roll out of the corner before you can make a move. Luckily for us, a lot of things lead to 3C > 214X.

So corner air combos don't give oki anymore? I hadn't noticed that, but I've only played 3 or 4 games with Plat so far. Mostly being messed up by all the wallsticks and 3C knockback stuff right now.

...throwing people into astral is my current goal in life. >_>

Edited by Tari

Mind if I make them? I'm gonna use the match-up thread format that I use with the Jin match-up threads. I plan on updating them as time goes on. Got a couple of people that I can play with offline too, a pretty decent Nu, Azrael, and Kagura lol.

Alright. I'm fine as long as somebody makes them.

So corner air combos don't give oki anymore? I hadn't noticed that, but I've only played 3 or 4 games with Plat so far. Mostly being messed up by all the wallsticks and 3C knockback stuff right now.

...throwing people into astral is my current goal in life. >_>

Not even if you use A Persia as low as possible (OTG 6A > A Persia won't even give you enough time to catch a roll).

Edit: btw, Cirno, can you send the CSE match-up threads to the archive sub-forum so that the CP threads can be created without making a huge mess?

Edited by Moy_X7

Hey Guys! I'm a Plat scrub\Noob and was wondering what practical use Happy Magika ([2]8 C) has. I've been using it to get out of corners so I'm not too sure whether that is one of the ways to use it, or is there a better way of getting out of a corner. So thats 2 questions:

1. What is a practical way of using Happy Magika?

2. What is another way of getting out of a corner other than using Happy Magika?

Hey Guys! I'm a Plat scrub\Noob and was wondering what practical use Happy Magika ([2]8 C) has. I've been using it to get out of corners so I'm not too sure whether that is one of the ways to use it, or is there a better way of getting out of a corner. So thats 2 questions:

1. What is a practical way of using Happy Magika?

2. What is another way of getting out of a corner other than using Happy Magika?

1. Not sure if there's much else you can do after landing a Happy Magika unless you want to RC it for a combo. I don't think it's much more than a 'get-off-of-me' move.

2. Getting the bat item and using it, or relying on the universal, but harder, option of good blocking. IB to open up gaps in the opponent's blockstring where you can hit them or jump out, or use barrier to shove the opponent far away enough that their blockstring stops working.

1) Pray for a bat.

2) Spend meter on CDT/CA.

Platinum's defensive options are pretty bad, which is probably why she got Happy Magica in the first place. Just like any defensive tool, you can't be predictable with it, but you also have to keep in mind various situations where it can never help you (like using it against projectiles only to get hit by another one during the cooldown).

I tried to ignore them at first but the increased pushback on 5C and the landing recovery on j.C is really starting to rustle my jimmies now. I guess I'll get used to it with time but being too far for 5C > Mami to connect is seriously frustrating.

1. Not sure if there's much else you can do after landing a Happy Magika unless you want to RC it for a combo. I don't think it's much more than a 'get-off-of-me' move.

2. Getting the bat item and using it, or relying on the universal, but harder, option of good blocking. IB to open up gaps in the opponent's blockstring where you can hit them or jump out, or use barrier to shove the opponent far away enough that their blockstring stops working.

Oh I see, thanks. Yeah I need to practice my blocking, I completley suck when under pressure :(

1) Pray for a bat.

2) Spend meter on CDT/CA.

Platinum's defensive options are pretty bad, which is probably why she got Happy Magica in the first place. Just like any defensive tool, you can't be predictable with it, but you also have to keep in mind various situations where it can never help you (like using it against projectiles only to get hit by another one during the cooldown).

Aight Thanks! I'll keep that in mind :D

jourdal based jourdal god uploaded plat cmv's!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3chlxpWb0J0

actually useful. really actually useful actually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZMbGMt6XuY

actually amazing. the most practical combos in the most practical situations. i died watching this one.

i think both got linked in the video thread, but i aint giving you guys a chance to skip out on these. not even a little. PokerFace.

Moy, were you gonna make the new matchup threads? If not, I'll just make them.

So, we're one week into release and we still don't have matchup threads for almost everybody.

Honestly, wouldn't it be fine if I just make them? I can format them well enough myself, and I already have some notes on the Az matchup. I really don't see the problem with me just making the threads myself.

I was waiting on Moy since I'm pretty sure he wanted to format them, so if he doesn't get back soonish (like a couple days) then you can go ahead. There's no huge rush anyway since having extensive knowledge on any matchup a couple weeks in isn't realistic.

It's no problem. Like I said, there's no huge rush. You can remake the Plat vs Kokonoe thread too, haha.

does the new cure dot typhoon super auto-track? i mean, if i'm moving around, do i have to make sure i still stay kinda close to my opponent, or will it just stick on them no matter where i go?

If you start it in the air and don't do anything, the opponent will get out automatically. I just kinda press up intermittently and that usually works out. Same goes for moving to the sides when starting it on the ground, I think, it's just harder to get the opponent to pop out of it.

Does Platinum's 6C still have that

stupid

hitbox front of her? As in, she can even hit crawling Taokaka with it?