Cirno

[CP] ~PtG~ Gameplay Discussion

Personally I like Platinum more than in CSE due to faster bubbles, Happy magicka , and the new item. I had huge problems with the 22C loops in CSE so losing them in CP while gaining easier combos only helped my game. (guess I need to git gud with my combos)

I play the game only in offline mode so can't really tell how bad she's online with all that lag. But offline platinum seems feels really strong (Personally I laugh at tier lists that list her below A). Hell for some reason I am constantly beating a friend of mine who is obviously better than I am, he blocks most of my attacks and pulls out these crazy combos from left and right and often punishes my mistakes with 4-6k combos while I barely ever manage to reach 4k with mine. Mainly with some good old fashioned blocking, 6A Anti-airs, mix-up game, rapid mami (my personal favorite "match ender" and "Oh No U Don't" move), OH Frying pan or 2B low mixup, counter Cat hammer and counter bat.

But Online I can somewhat guess that she downright sucks against some characters like Mu, Rachel or Relius as blocking and striking at the right moment is everything in those matches and latency doesn't really help with that. Fights against Taokaka are probably tedious as well as well timed anti-airs, a bit of turtling and keeping optimal distance is crucial in that Matchup.

But from what I see, with all these can openers and tricks, Platinums combo damage doesn't really compare to ones like Hakumen, Kokonoe and whatnot.

oh, get to first dan. takes 30 matches if you win all of them, a bit more if you lose some

Ah. Ranked. -sigh- Been avoiding it as always, haha. I suppose I'll have to deal with it to get that avatar.

i only played 3 ranked matches with plat, the rest i played with jin lol.

personally, i probably like the direction plat's gone in a lot more in this game, but she needs a lot of fine tuning. i'm not sure if she's more fun than in ex, but she's fun enough to keep on for now.

She's still fun as hell to play, but I miss her old damage output. it was never ridiculous like some characters, but she's on the low end now

I can't do it guys, the more I play her, the more she makes me :( from how wonky her combos are and how ridiculous the pushback is on a handful of her moves.

Did she really deserve all the nerfs she got? I mean, I could understand a hit-stun nerf on her j.C but not a start-up, pushback, and landing recovery nerfs to go with it. 5C was fine the way it was, if the 5C > j.C > j.2C loop was their concern, then they should have just reduced the hit-stun on j.2C, which they did. I tried you guys, I just can't do it lol.

Did she really deserve all the nerfs she got?

Nope.

I'll admit most of my impressions are vicarious and remain so until I acquire a PS3 (LESS THAN A WEEK LESS THAN A WEEK), but from them, I will say I have no idea what they were thinking. She's seems to still be enjoyable from the small amount I played, but nerfing her of all people While Haz Tao and Valk get ridiculous things to add to their existing ridiculous things is pretty bullshit.

Honestly, nothing bothers me as much as the change to 3C. That knockback is just... weird. I keep wanting to use it for midscreen oki, or trying to end a somewhat extended corner combo with long-range 3C > CDT. Neither one wooooorks. :|

3C knockback is probably the one thing I'd like them to change back the most, lol. You'd be able to get persia combos midscreen easier if they did too. j.C pushback nerf is w.e personally, and there was no startup nerf. Her combos aren't really wonky at all, lol. Honestly, she was buffed more than nerfed, but system changes (mainly combo timer, and consequently smp change) is what hurt her more than anything.

actually dead ass i don't even feel a j.c pushback nerf. landing recovery sure, but yeah idk yo

3C knockback is probably the one thing I'd like them to change back the most, lol. You'd be able to get persia combos midscreen easier if they did too. j.C pushback nerf is w.e personally, and there was no startup nerf. Her combos aren't really wonky at all, lol. Honestly, she was buffed more than nerfed, but system changes (mainly combo timer, and consequently smp change) is what hurt her more than anything.

j.C went from a 12F start-up to a 13F start-up...

You're telling me that 3C > Air Persia and 5C > 6C-hell almost anything into 5C isn't wonky? It has come to the point where 5C > 236B won't connect at certain distances. I need to go back to CSE and compare the two j.Cs to see if I'm not just seeing things with the j.C pushback nerf. Meh, I'm done anyways so it doesn't matter now. RIP Loli, see you next game and I hope that you're not as crappy as you are now.

It has come to the point where 5C > 236B won't connect at certain distances.

And here I was blaming lag for Mami not connecting at times. Oh well I'll learn to deal with it.

j.C went from a 12F start-up to a 13F start-up...

You're telling me that 3C > Air Persia and 5C > 6C-hell almost anything into 5C isn't wonky? It has come to the point where 5C > 236B won't connect at certain distances. I need to go back to CSE and compare the two j.Cs to see if I'm not just seeing things with the j.C pushback nerf. Meh, I'm done anyways so it doesn't matter now. RIP Loli, see you next game and I hope that you're not as crappy as you are now.

no? it's still 12f startup. and no, 3c > persia /isnt/ wonky. you just have to know the proper distance to be at, lol. 5c > 6c is the same way, though that almost never happens since 5c pushback /is/ a good amount higher now, orz

if you wanna peace out that's fine, but just know it's not because she's ~so much worse now~ because she really isn't.

I played Platinum a bit this last Saturday in casuals and noticed that I crossed under a few characters with the ...6A > 6B > 3C ender in the corner. I think one of the characters that happened on was Tao?

Haven't really tested it since then, but is that just a timing issue or do I have to change my ender?

no? it's still 12f startup. and no, 3c > persia /isnt/ wonky. you just have to know the proper distance to be at, lol. 5c > 6c is the same way, though that almost never happens since 5c pushback /is/ a good amount higher now, orz

if you wanna peace out that's fine, but just know it's not because she's ~so much worse now~ because she really isn't.

Huh, I don't know where I was getting a 13F start-up lol.

She's not THAT much worse but she's bad enough to the point where I'm just not having fun playing her anymore. We'll see what happens during the next game lol.

Huh, I don't know where I was getting a 13F start-up lol.

She's not THAT much worse but she's bad enough to the point where I'm just not having fun playing her anymore. We'll see what happens during the next game lol.

*cough* tier whore *cough*

@Errol - Hey I've been playing Plat since CSII when she was B- tier or some shit. She has the "good tier, low tier" syndrome along with Jin, she's good in one game and she's pretty crappy in the next one.

@Mac - I hear it too, he's telling me to mash more TK Hizangeki for braindead 4.5K lol

I played Platinum a bit this last Saturday in casuals and noticed that I crossed under a few characters with the ...6A > 6B > 3C ender in the corner. I think one of the characters that happened on was Tao?

Haven't really tested it since then, but is that just a timing issue or do I have to change my ender?

my bad, missed this post lol. some chars you'll crossunder if you do 6b too close to the corner, for them you can either hold back during swallow moon to get a good distance from the corner, or you can hold back for an instant before doing 6a, which sounds harder than it is, honestly.

my bad, missed this post lol. some chars you'll crossunder if you do 6b too close to the corner, for them you can either hold back during swallow moon to get a good distance from the corner, or you can hold back for an instant before doing 6a, which sounds harder than it is, honestly.

platinum is fine i think. even with me not knowing optimal combos (wtf do i do after 5a 5c mami???) and dropping in the corner letting my opponents escape, i don't really have a huge amount of problems winning if i play smart and patient and use platinum's various tricks to mess with opponents.

i dunno if the players at the arcade i go to are just bad though, that's also possible. but she's not awful!!

Ah, so on those characters, the 236B > 5C > 236AAA > 5C > 6A > 6B > 3C route just fails, huh? Guess I should do 6C combos instead.

platinum is fine i think. even with me not knowing optimal combos (wtf do i do after 5a 5c mami???) and dropping in the corner letting my opponents escape, i don't really have a huge amount of problems winning if i play smart and patient and use platinum's various tricks to mess with opponents.

i dunno if the players at the arcade i go to are just bad though, that's also possible. but she's not awful!!

I've been having issues stopping myself from being silly when I see presents in my item list, honestly. I keep spending meter to get super presents, and then putting them down and taunting behind them. I can't play smart when I have such silly options!

I've been having issues stopping myself from being silly when I see presents in my item list, honestly. I keep spending meter to get super presents, and then putting them down and taunting behind them. I can't play smart when I have such silly options!

Nothing wrong with that especially if time is in your favor.

Personally I prefer to have at least one underneath me or slightly behind me in chase of teleporters like Kokonoe and Izayoi.

after realizing how bad my izayoi is, i got some time playing plat in (like an hour of training mode if that, and near 7 hours of casuals now)

just doing a lot of 'wing it' combos, but i got some questions already

corner 3c 236aaa (dropped combo) 5c - just learn the timing or is there a trick to make this easier?

whatever route into 22c 5c - i drop this a lot too, should i do 5a 6a or something instead of 5c? is the proper 22c more important in this than cse?

fan into ct - possible? what conditions if so?

a lot of my dashing 5c's end up as 6c's which never happened in cse - advice?

when doing a corner 236aaa.... does it matter how you hit the timing on the a's? mash it out? be as low as possible? does it even matter at all?

never seem to land midscreen mami into 22c. is it possible? gotta do it dashing or something?

do you guys on average use items for neutral or combo tools (bombs/missiles/cat hammer/pan/fan/whatever other hitboxes you really like in neutral) ?

is 22c RC EVER WORTH DOING? if not, whats the good use for 50 meter in a combo?

is od cancel for any combo WORTH not having a burst available? it adds like nothing to CDT, so is it good for any cancels in particular? 2c, 3c, 6c, 6b or something? i have no idea...

can 2a hit that pops them up (so i think CH or air hit) be confirmed into anything reasonable? 2a 5c 6a 6c etc? happened a few times but i never recognized it.

:arg::arg: AND FOR FUCKS SAKE WHY AM I NEVER IN RANGE FOR BLOCKED 5C TK SWALLOW MOON J.B TO HIT - WHAT IS THE TRICK :arg::arg:

sorry for the questions post. i was having fun with her now that i KIND OF get her changes. i can get used to it. i miss 3c 22c rc combos and my 22c loops tho. learning item combos is finally gonna have to happen and im kinda sad.

tho maybe theres swag for days with fatal fan. im fucking hoping there is anyway.

corner 3c 236aaa (dropped combo) 5c - just learn the timing or is there a trick to make this easier?

when doing a corner 236aaa.... does it matter how you hit the timing on the a's? mash it out? be as low as possible? does it even matter at all?

If you mash it out, chances are you'll be too high to land and do the 5C. I usually delay the last hit a bit. You have to really be in the corner as well, if you have to dash forward even a little the 5C won't connect.

whatever route into 22c 5c - i drop this a lot too, should i do 5a 6a or something instead of 5c? is the proper 22c more important in this than cse?

I feel the timing if the 22C links is more or less the same as CSE, which means 22c 5C is always annoyingly hard to place. What the combo thread seems to hint at, however, is that the 22C routes aren't even worth the trouble anymore damage-wise.

never seem to land midscreen mami into 22c. is it possible? gotta do it dashing or something?

I feel it depends when you hit with Mami? I think it's only a matter of when you recover, if the enemy was in the air, etc. When it hits right, you can do the 22C from where you landed and it'll connect.

can 2a hit that pops them up (so i think CH or air hit) be confirmed into anything reasonable? 2a 5c 6a 6c etc? happened a few times but i never recognized it.

Most of the time I see the 2a pop-up and combo is when the opponent is down and you catch them rolling or not teching with it. It has an "S" combo rating, so there's not much you can do imo. I usually see 2A>5A>6A> stuff from it.

is 22c RC EVER WORTH DOING?

Worth it when it kills : D

do you guys on average use items for neutral or combo tools (bombs/missiles/cat hammer/pan/fan/whatever other hitboxes you really like in neutral) ?

Pretty much every item aside the cat hammer can be used as combo tools now and extend combos that would just do less damage if you didn't user the item. Using items for neutral AND combo tools is the whole point of the character if you ask me!

Also, 5C knockback is one of the reasons Moy quit the character so... yeah, it's intense :3

Edited by Dai_Loli

For the corner 236AAA > land 5C, try holding 5C before you land. If you push it slightly before you land and hold it, you'll get 5C on the earliest possible frame. I've been doing that combo that way, because it's easier and I'm lazy.

If it's still not working, then it's a height issue.

For 22C RC stuff, it's worth it if you want the damage or need to do some corner carry or whatever. Say you land a max-range 3C, right? Pretty much all you can do is 22C at that point, assuming you want more damage or something.