Cirno

[CP] ~PtG~ Gameplay Discussion

So I've been trying to do 5B/2B > 5C > 3C > A persia > 5C > 6A > 6C > 22C > 5C > 6A > 236B > 5C > 6A > Jc > jC > ender and I was wondering is there something better I should be doing in the corner. I was watching this video section and it looked like it was good damage and that you can modify this combo to work with Bombs, Pan, & Bat to extend the combo. Just wondering if I was wasting my time and could do something better in the corner. Also is the spacing really strict on 3C > A Persia cause I feel like if im to close they tech out and if I'm to far away its like there is this magical girl sweet spot you have to hit to get it to work.

hi

after much frustration with bullet, I'm looking into platinum. Apparently her wiki page is mostly just copy and pasted from the CSE wiki. I have a few questions that weren't answered from it.

Hammer item is mostly used to guard break now instead of in combos, correct? That would the idea thing to do after guard breaking with the hammer?

What are the different uses for the different bubbles? Which one should I use when?

is there a trick to 6B followups? I'm apparently really bad at this. Like super bad at this. like oh god why can't I ever do this bad at this.

Answering what I think I know:

Only problem I've had with 3C > A Persia is when it's too far, I don't know of a reason it would fail from close. Although it does seem harder to buffer the Persia if the only move you did before was 3C. Idea is to not mash out the first A, you really gotta go 236A (very short pause) > AAA.

A Bubble is best for catching rolls, as far as I know. B Bubble is alright on neutral since it goes straight, seems to work fine on oki as well. C Bubble catches jumping out AND is great to set-up the command throw gimmick where on Oki, you put out C Bubble, Dramatic Sammy as they neutral tech, the throw connects, they get grabbed by the C Bubble coming back down and you can follow-up before they get out.

Not really any trick to 6B follow-up, it's all spacing and timing. If you hit with the last few active frames in the corner, you can like 5C and it'll hit. Otherwise the trick is to condition yourself to know when the long ass animation ends and buffer a dash 5A at that time.

Yeah, about the animation, is there a visual cue at all to when I can start to buffer the dash?

Edited by WintySoSolo

If anything, I time myself with the sound of the hit rather than the animation. At this point it's just finding what works for you and going with it : D

Oh, and obvious, but make sure you practice on a dummy that's actually crouching, since you can't really expect your opponent to be standing when the overhead hits and it'll give you the extra frames you need to follow-up.

It's also good to react to when you actually land a counter with it, because then you get about 10 minutes to land and follow up with anything you want.

Answering what I think I know:

C Bubble catches jumping out AND is great to set-up the command throw gimmick where on Oki, you put out C Bubble, Dramatic Sammy as they neutral tech, the throw connects, they get grabbed by the C Bubble coming back down and you can follow-up before they get out.

I have found C-bubble really helpful when playing defensive against some characters, it has really long duration and it bounces up and down limiting opponents movement options. If they try to break the bubble and lack good moves to do so, they might open themselves up for a well timed poke, or block it allowing platinum to get in and start her pressure. I mean, if you already have a good item and your opponent is hesitating or for some reason giving you time to fill the field with more shit, why not?

I'm coming back to playing this character seriously now.

My only issue from maining her in EX is her new combos. :v Augh.

But I'll grind it out. Gotta figure out what works.

Maybe some whacky air combo if the enemy get's thrown in to presents or a silly cross-float mixup on block. On Certain timings you can actually "jump-cancel" mami for some very odd vertical bounce as well.

Been using the Happy magicka a lot more lately and I have to say it boosts platinums defensive game a lot. Sure it's no reversal without RC but against characters that enjoy nearly endless safe blockstrings like Litchi it's a godsend. You can simply charge it while blocking down and use it on reaction to their safe overheads plus other slow moves and you'll get free ticket out. It's ridiculously good against players who play their pressure on "auto-pilot".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TakjBYdu5S4

i work vry hard 2 becum strong platinum player it take many years of intense training just like goku in dbz

all the ruly stron platinum players use un-upgraded missiles instead of upgraded ones.

you can see the fear in opponents eyes (and your friends fist on your cheek) when you let the dozen un-upgraded missiles do your bidding (FPS takes a dive).

This scared the hell out me the first time I saw it...which was actually only a couple of days ago. After the first three, I saw a wave and was taken aback. Thankfully they kept mashing it and I wasn't low enough to die from chip, so the IB gave me enough to Astral, but I had to ask after the match because I had honestly never seen OD Plat before...which is kind of depressing when I think about it. It was a fun experience though, so I hope to see more Plats go crazy with the regular missiles. I know I would if I played her.

Edit: forgot a word.

Ive actually been trying to make Plats OD more useful. So far ive gotten this http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n-xt5o0UVU4

Imo, Plats OD is very situational and by the time itd get any usefullness (low health) youre likely better off saving your burst anyways. I'm trying to find more offensive uses for it. I.e- Damage, kill combos, air to air confirms.

I think I'll do a small write up on my thoughts on plats Od when I have my laptop available.

My personal opinions/thoughts on Platina’s Overdrive: Magical Heart Catch

Gives her an infinite supply of the currently equipment item for the duration of OD activation.

Personal opinion on the OD: Very situational and by the time it becomes of any use, you’re better off saving your burst. Due to the ability of the OD, the properties of Platinum’s moves and properties of her items, it’s hard to get any real USE out of the OD.

Items that can be combo’d off of without CH

Pan

Bat (Corner)

Bombs

Missiles

Presents

EX Hammer

This leaves

Hammer

Kitty Hammer

You’re not comboing off of these outside of CH. Meaning, their uses end your combos for the most part and outside of J.Hammer, where the hitstun is height dependent, but the proration is the same. On Kitty hammer they can immediately tech after getting hit.

Uses of items in OD

Pan: Once you have pan, you have access to infinite instant overheads. This means you’re pretty much running a 50-50 mix-up off blocked/hit 5A/5C provided you get in. On top of this, you can hitconfirm an air-to-air into OD and continue your combos with pans to spare at the end if your health is low enough. You can combo into a lot of shit and you have a lot of places you can OD cancel once you start your combo. There’s SMP involved, so you’ll only get one of each grounded and jump D’s.

Bat/EX Bat: Infinite reversals and wallstick in the corner. Platinum having no super legit defensive options now has a DP that sits down with her in exchange for zoning ability, meterless guardbreaks and a long-ranged poke. EX Bat gets you wallbounce off J.D and much more hitstun off 5D. Which is fine by my book.

Hammer/EX Hammer: Infinite guardbreaks. If they’re blocking you, it’s because they’re barriering. You’ll be pushed back hella far, but it’s +1 and you’ll be within 5B range and some 2A’s won’t be able to hit you from there. Obviously you have your abilities to combo, but you can’t do Hammer twice in a combo. Ex Hammer is lots of unblockables which means you could make your opponent jump more at the least, plus you get decent damage off UB starter.

Presents: *Somewhat* useless as they’re very easy to get around, have little hitstun attached to them fullscreen for confirms. Setting one in a specific spot has huge start up too. I sometimes do 3C > 214D in the corner just to get rid of them as quickly as possible. I personally hate normal presents with a passion.

EX Treasure Chests: Amazing. Absolutely amazing. Treasure Chest Loops. Learn them. Learn the coolness and swag that is treasure swag loops. 5f start up. 5 frames. Active for years. YEARRSSSSS. HUGE hitstun, air-unblockable and gives frame advantage on block with amazing vertical range. These are the absolute god. Very much worth OD’ing depending on the situation.

Bombs/EX Bombs: Lockdown with 214D and lots of chip and /blockhitstun you have to play around with. Many arcs to fire from,

Missiles/EX Missiles: The same as bombs, except you now have horizontal control over the field. EX 214D is less useful than normal missiles 214D, though.

Kitty Hammer/EX Kitty Hammer: Long ass poke, you’re running a 50-50 once they’re within 3C range which you can confirm off of with 236AAB. The thing is that, regardless of which Hammer you hit with, be it EX or otherwise, outside of CH, you’re not going to get much off of it. But it’s definitely enough to strike fear into the hearts of most BB characters. Because getting hit with an 11f overhead with halfscreen is never fun, right?

Points where items become useful in OD

Pan: You get at least two free pans on 50% OD onward if you do Confirm > OD > Pan depending on your combo route. You’ll have your instant overheads during the entire time.

Hammer: 50% OD and where you’ll start getting get use out of this too.

Missiles/Bombs/Bat/Treasure Chests: Lowest health OD is where you’ll be getting amazing uses out of these items as you can kinda spam ”forever”. Bats can be baited, but so can all DP’s. They (should) be baiting a lot more if you have infinite bats. Treasures chests get good use at 50% OD, but you get longer/better loops at very low health.

Kitty Hammer: 50% spam overheads, but it’s never really worth it imo unless you have a life lead and don’t want your opponent near you at all.

Using OD in general

You’ll normally want to use your OD off a hitconfirm so they cannot burst your combo. Doing 5B > 5C > OD cancel is perfectly fine if they’re low health or very very close to low health and you want them dead or maybe you just want the corner carry. But if you want actual use out of it, meaning where having infinite items gives you a decent reward, you’re going to want an item like Pan or Bat.

I personally love Pan the most. Since it’s super easy to turn into damage, combo into and combo off of. Once you hit 50% OD, Confirm > OD > Pan gives you one more free pan after this to do as you please with. This means you can turn air-to-airs into damage. See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-xt5o0UVU4

My personal gripe with OD is that it only feels really useful for certain items. My personal definition of useful being items I can turn into damage. Throwing infinite missiles across the screen is all fine and dandy, but what am I getting off of it? Yeah, I get some lockdown and I can run in for a mix-up. Things move back into my advantage for a bit. Throws will be purple at that point. You can TK swallow moon 50-50 really quickly to try to go for corner carry. If they get hit with it, you can get alright damage and a knockdown.

Bombs are the same thing except with more aim and less horizontal control in exchange for ‘pinpointed’ vertical control. 214D spam means chip damage and lockdown for 50-50’s and purple throws.

Kitty Hammer I’m not going to get damage or setups off of outside of CH, which is something that isn’t guaranteed.

Hammer is the same case, but I get guardbreaks and at least get them to use barrier if they don’t wanna get hit with one. Other than that, I’m not getting damage off of Hammer really outside of an air-to-air confirm.

Pan and Bat are my absolute favorites because I can at least get damage of air to air > OD with Pan midscreen and corner and with bat in the corner. Treasure Chests just do everything.

Platinum doesn’t really get new combo routes in her OD because the properties of her items aren’t changed. Everything keeps its SMP on it. You just get infinite items and that’s it. So using her OD like say Ragna or Noel obviously isn’t possible. This means she literally gains nothing from using her OD except the ability to stop you from bursting which is fine at the end of the day.

My plan is to find uses and tech using the OD in the form of Combos, Resets from here on in. I like the idea of Platinum at least being able to turn OD confirms into damage or at the least game ending combos.

Good read.

Presents: *Somewhat* useless as they’re very easy to get around, have little hitstun attached to them fullscreen for confirms. Setting one in a specific spot has huge start up too. I sometimes do 3C > 214D in the corner just to get rid of them as quickly as possible. I personally hate normal presents with a passion.

What about these combos? Seen few very damaging combos that have utilized normal presents just because they don't elevate the opponent as much as treasure chests. Normal presents can be pretty good, but utilizing them correctly can be a bit difficult as many will just jump over them. Usually for me they are more or less a defensive tool since I can drop them and leave them behind me as backup if opponent manages to lock me in to a pressure string. They'll have to stop their pressure or eat 3k treasure chest pressure breaker.

For Missiles this seems pretty practical as well. Landing 6C can be tough, but not imposible since it's common usage is low crush and midscreen 4k~ and full-screen corner carry doesn't seem too bad.

These OD combos seem pretty practical tough, sure costly but pretty good rewards considering platinum somewhat lackluster average combo damage output.

Platinum's gameplay is highly situational to begin with so It doesn't really surprise me that her OD is like that as well. While the character isn't really difficult to learn, I personally think her being one of the hardest characters truly to master in this game. While being very situational, she usually has something she can pull in pretty much in every situation, but doing optimal choices on the fly with her requires far more situational awareness than most of the cast. Not to mention the fact that it's not a skill that you can just hammer down to your muscle memory.

It's pretty funny to see people downplay Platinum because of her situational nature. Sure she might be unable to land her most damaging combos without certain items in certain situations but it's likely that she'll be able to land something that will give her advantage or another (e.g discard unfitting item, equip better item, fill the level with all kinds of shit or just drag the opponent down to the depths of mix-up hell).

Good read.

What about these combos? Seen few very damaging combos that have utilized normal presents just because they don't elevate the opponent as much as treasure chests. Normal presents can be pretty good, but utilizing them correctly can be a bit difficult as many will just jump over them. Usually for me they are more or less a defensive tool since I can drop them and leave them behind me as backup if opponent manages to lock me in to a pressure string. They'll have to stop their pressure or eat 3k treasure chest pressure breaker.

For Missiles this seems pretty practical as well. Landing 6C can be tough, but not imposible since it's common usage is low crush and midscreen 4k~ and full-screen corner carry doesn't seem too bad.

These OD combos seem pretty practical tough, sure costly but pretty good rewards considering platinum somewhat lackluster average combo damage output.

Platinum's gameplay is highly situational to begin with so It doesn't really surprise me that her OD is like that as well. While the character isn't really difficult to learn, I personally think her being one of the hardest characters truly to master in this game. While being very situational, she usually has something she can pull in pretty much in every situation, but doing optimal choices on the fly with her requires far more situational awareness than most of the cast. Not to mention the fact that it's not a skill that you can just hammer down to your muscle memory.

It's pretty funny to see people downplay Platinum because of her situational nature. Sure she might be unable to land her most damaging combos without certain items in certain situations but it's likely that she'll be able to land something that will give her advantage or another (e.g discard unfitting item, equip better item, fill the level with all kinds of shit or just drag the opponent down to the depths of mix-up hell).

You know, I've never seen that combo with the presents. And putting more thought into it, I should be utilizing presents more effectively. I'll work on that. Having presents in my hand vs certain characters like Valkenhayn feels like I'd rather not have any item at all. Since he can get over to me so fast, I have prioritize dropping them somewhere effective or just getting them off me so I can find something better suited for the situation.

I've never seen this I Can Fly CMV before, I thought I'd seen all the BBCP cmv's already. I have to download this one and take what I can from it.

And you're definitely right about being able to get advantage at the very least. I'll take Oki over damage if I absolutely have to.

This is what I like about the character overall, though. The amount of tools she has, though situational makes her super fun to play.

So I'm thinking of picking this chick up again because I love her design. Can anyone help me by making a list of the essential combos I should learn? Which 10-15 combos are the most common/important for her?

Thanks! =D

So I'm thinking of picking this chick up again because I love her design. Can anyone help me by making a list of the essential combos I should learn? Which 10-15 combos are the most common/important for her?

Thanks! =D

Thanks! =D

Here are few combo videos that focus more on the basics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_Cr9r64oLE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyqZJ-X_9iA

Combo thread pretty much covers all "essential combos" there's way more than 15 there but most of them serve their purpose one way or another.

Probably the most important and common ones are:

Standard combo:

..5B > 5C > 236B > if corner > 2B > 5C > corner/air combo

...5B > 3C > 236AA~B > sj.c

...5B > 3C > 236AA~A > 5C corner /air combo

(~ means delay.)

anti-air

6A > 6C > j.236C > j.C, 66A > 236B/Air Combo

Some basic pressure strings:

Start

(5A) > 2B > 5B > 5C > Ender

5A only against those characters that have tall hitbox when crouching, e.g Tager, Azrael.

and preferably only if you are really near the opponent, otherwise 2b is better to start 90% of the time (longer range and low-profile),

nothing wrong to start with 5B either might work better in some chases due to it's range and gatlings in to 2B.

5A > JC > j.d (frying pan)

5A > 236A (cross-up) > B or land 5A/2A/block*

Enders

1. 3C > (214 A, B or C) or 214D (unequip) //stop at 3C if you opponent has way to punish the latter, 5C > 3C is more or less for pushback and occasional low mix-up.

2. jc > j.d (pan)

3. 41236D (Command throw)

4. Mami > RC > j.b > 2b > 5b > 5C * (can be done twice if you have 100% meter, but thats just silly)

5. 3C > 4D with bombs (may lead to combo breaker + combo?)

6. (6 >) 6B microdash if too far.

7. 3C > 236AA~A~A* (if close)

*not really safe options but so silly that they may catch the over respecting opponent off guard.

Not saying these are the best, but the ones which I have found to work pretty well. All feedback is welcomed tough.

Edited by Seiska

ckae u fucker where have u been

loli bacon: check moy's combo thread. he has plenty of standard routes in there.

loli bacon: check moy's combo thread. he has plenty of standard routes in there.

I did. It's "busy" so to speak. =P I'm good now.

being an exchange student and stuff takes up a lot of time crno ʕ •́؈•̀ ₎

hmu on skype or something sometime, i'll tell you all about #jplyf

http://shoryuken.com/2014/02/13/arc-system-works-releases-changelist-for-upcoming-blazblue-chronophantasma-balance-patch/

Platinum

• 6A – Now causes float on counter hit.
  • Jump C – Now has more hitstun on grounded opponents.
  • Magical Bat, Magical Fry Pan (Including Miracle Jeanne versions) – No longer has same move proration.
  • Mystical Momo (Surprise Box, including Miracle Jeanne versions) – Now has a “Close/Mid” and “Mid/Far” set versions.
  • Overdrive Cure Dot Typhoon – Increased the untechable time on hit. Decreased the recovery for Platinum.

Looks like she got buffed a bit at least. Those will undoubtedly offer some new combo routes at least.