Cirno

[CP] ~PtG~ Gameplay Discussion

Hi friends!

So I've subbed plat since she came out, but was never super good at her. Anyway, since Nu came back I've gone to switch to Plat as my main since I don't really enjoy Nu in CP, but find myself doing suboptimal things out of habit of her alt status before. Namely stuff like 5B->5C->236B to just corner carry, and then in corner trying to do the old challenge ~stuff->236B->5C->2C->214A->j.c combo.

So what combos should I focus on? ~Stuff>236B still works obviously, but should I work on ingraining the B persia route instead? I just don't know where to start, there's a lot of combos in the thread, but I don't know which bad habits to try and break first.

Edited by Ryuujinx

Hi friends!

So I've subbed plat since she came out, but was never super good at her. Anyway, since Nu came back I've gone to switch to Plat as my main since I don't really enjoy Nu in CP, but find myself doing suboptimal things out of habit of her alt status before. Namely stuff like 5B->5C->236B to just corner carry, and then in corner trying to do the old challenge ~stuff->236B->5C->2C->214A->j.c combo.

So what combos should I focus on? ~Stuff>236B still works obviously, but should I work on ingraining the B persia route instead? I just don't know where to start, there's a lot of combos in the thread, but I don't know which bad habits to try and break first.

Well what you should be looking at the combo thread are the "Universal standard combo", "standard combo", "anti-air" and "Corner combos" sections, these are pretty much the most commonly used combos Platinum has.

Unlike 236B route, B-persia route requires you to be close enough the opponent to hit the persia after 3C, this can be uncommon in some match-ups while very common in others so it's good to know/ use both.

Item combos usually just extend or alter these combos a bit.

The old bubble combo is not that bad in my opinion, it's a good and item equip / discard combo that is pretty hard to fail when you get the hang of it.

But generally Platinum is pretty mix-up oriented character so everything that offers OKI is often the best when not going for the kill.

Edited by Seiska

Okay I'm fooling around with plat, and I'm probably an idiot, but I cannot get 3C>Persia to work at most distances. I see in videos when plats do persia they basically fly to the opponent, even mid screen, but I've never been able to have this happen. I checked the wiki and it says nothing about it. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I see in videos when plats do persia they basically fly to the opponent

Maybe you are referring to Falling melody? it has same animation but only hits once but has some sort of crazy homing property.

It's special you can use after knockdown, e.g 3C and Mami circular and the input for it is 22C.

If not, then you are inputting 236AA just too slow or doing 3C from too far.

The more detailed Patch notes.

Platinum:

Negative Penalty Resistance - decreased from 6 to 4.

6A - now floats on counter-hit.

j.C - hit stun is increased to 19 frames (rather than 17).

Magical Bat, Magical Frying Pan (Special versions included) - SMP removed.

Mystic Momo (Magical Music Box - Special version included) - now places the boxes at middle and long distance (rather than short and middle distance).

OD Cure Dot Typhoon - Untech time is increased by 20 frames. The recovery is decreased by 8 frames.

6A floats on CH as of now, don't know how that's a change.

If the j.C buff allows to connect j.C > 66 5A more consistently then I might come back to this character, if not then RIP loli until the next game lol.

Guessing it means if you CH them grounded it gives a lil mini launch like it used to do normally in Extend? Atm if you CH a grounded opponent with 6A they dont launch at all though not sure if it really changes much

So that's what they meant by that, not sure how that's much of a buff unless you're frame trapping with 6A or something lol.

how do you guys feel about jc, new present trajectories, and pan/bat SMP remove?

I won't know how much those extra hit-stun frames will help j.C until I actually try it out. I don't really understand what they mean by the new present trajectories but one thing is for sure and that is the fact that the removal of SMP on the bat and pan will lead to some silly ass loops with OD. You can expect to see something like 5D/j.D x N with the pan lol.

l would assume she could throw her presents similar to the bombs, trajectory changing depending on one of three or more (or less) directional inputs.

So that's what they meant by that, not sure how that's much of a buff unless you're frame trapping with 6A or something lol.

Even if you are, I don't see what you could use to get higher damage than usual other than 6C, missiles, and perhaps bombs. And 6C already connects on CH. So most of the time it doesn't really have use. :v: .

Also yes pan/fan x n shall be a thing and amuse people.

Most of my 65A's become 66A's accidently so this is a welcome change as it's one of those accidents that has saved my ass in many games.

But 66A is gold against moves that tend to low profile 5A like Taokakas Crawl or 2B catches many jumps as well.

Edited by Seiska

l would assume she could throw her presents similar to the bombs, trajectory changing depending on one of three or more (or less) directional inputs.

I'm pretty sure they simply changed the trajectory of Mystic Momo toss. AFAIK, it only had one possible trajectory, and now it's farther (for easier setups?).