Cirno

[CP] ~PtG~ Gameplay Discussion

I don't really have much of a preference for either design. In fact I'm not sure why the move actually happened: There was already a Dustloop IRC chat, and even if the in - built one is gaining more users than that now, it could easily be simply because it's new and eventually fade out. Although if it does continue it's popularity, then that would indeed justify the transfer.

Edit: Actually wait now that I think about it there are the larger avatars. Would it have been possible to implement them using VBulletin?

Edit: Actually wait now that I think about it there are the larger avatars. Would it have been possible to implement them using VBulletin?

Have you ever seen Kurushii's? It was always possible, but no one cared to do that.

So yeah, how about that 1.10 Plat? Any vids? First impressions?

I haven't seen vids but not much is going to change about her. Nothing relevant that made match-ups or anything any easier.
Same charater she was before. No higher, no lower.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNi1TlY99Uo#t=3m45s

The box 214D buff is kinda nice, it places a box in front of Plat and one a little bit ahead instead of throwing the boxes all across the goddamn screen where they serve little purpose. It's just like Fuji said though, these meager little buffs aren't gonna do much to help Plat out in the long run.

moving them full screen actually helped her a lot :/ made it harder for people to run away since they'd eventually hit the boxes.this is ok too but.. not as ok i think, since 5d already put them right next to you. we'll see?!??

From the few matches I played as Plat, people always wanted to rush me down the moment I used 214D so having the boxes all across the screen didn't help much. I'd get hit and they would dissappear by the time they got close to them lol.

that formation looks way better for defensive purposes honestly, i guess not as good if you used them to rush down though? overall it seems likes a buff, although it might depend on one's playstyle

Ha yeah, those 2 things stuck out to me as well, both look cool.

Are there any vids of 6A floating on CH? 

24:52 in the video linked above, towards the start of the first round. he does 6ACH 5C jB djB jD(pan) 66 6A 6C j236C jC land 5D(pan) step 5C 6A 236B

So iv'e been interested in playing Plat for a while now so I thought i'd come here. I know a bit with her but i'm just curious as to how you guys would tackle learning her. Like how do you guys play neutral in general, best combo routes and oki, etc. thanks in advance to anyone that helps ^.^

Yeah, I'll do a little write-up for you before I go to bed. Gimme an hour or so from now.

So there's some way to force Luna's voice every time, right? I dislike Sena's voice enough that I don't want to play her if I'm gonna keep getting Sena.

Also I love mami wallstick.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

there's no way to force either voice. both are good anyway! assuming you're using jp voices, which if you aren't i'm not sure why you're even playing the char

dangaboy: neutral (as well as everything else) is highly dependent on your current item, but itemless neutral usually revolves around 2b (nice reach, hits low, low profiles), 5b (catches rolls/backdashes, really active, great range), j.b (nice air-to-ground hitbox, fast), and j.c (long horizontal hitbox, good air-to-ground and air-to-air but a bit on the slower side for the latter).

for combo routes, you can check moy's thread. 22c combos generally use less combo timer for item followups. itemless oki is generally 3c bubble, but you can go for a safejump instead. bombs and missiles are strong for both neutral and oki. pan instant overhead. bat is a dp. magica sucks. etc etc

I play in English. I don't get what people have against the dub, except for a few characters, such as Sena. Luna's worse than in Extend but she's still pretty good. Sena, though...  :vbang:

My itemless neutral has always revolved around getting a knockdown - any knockdown - and getting an item in the free time. I'd rather get pitiful damage on a lucky shot than have to make do without an item.

Is there yet video about super version bat x 3 in 1 combo like example

6c x swallow moon x j.c, 5c, j.c, j.d, 5c, j.c, j.d, 5c, j.c, jd, 6a, mami circular?

I don't know why you'd ever do three bats in one combo unless you like wasting reversals.

Also, pretty much what Cirno said.

Your neutral game will rely on what item you have a good portion of the time.
Playing plat will teach you a lot about situational awareness and how to make good decisions on the fly.

Your mindset around items will often be like this
"I have pan."
"Is pan useful right now?"
"Pan is short-ranged, but an instant overhead. Will I be able to get in and apply it or am I better getting rid of it?"
"Next item is Missile."
"I'm being zoned, so the best choice right now is missile to help me get in."
"Now I have to find three openings. One to get rid of the Pan (or even find the opening to use it.), another to summon missiles, and another to use missiles to my advantage."

I personally always thought of Platinum as a worse version of Jin. She's got a tool for every situation, the problem being that all her tools are scattered across the floor and she only has one arm. So, again, much of your thoughts will be going towards this simple idea. "How can I make the best use of this item in this situation?"

Hi guys, i'm new to Platinum and the whole Blazblue series. I have a lot of fighting game experience though with AE and Marvel. What i was wondering is do you guys think its mandatory to compete at higher level (i'm nowhere near there i know) to learn the very best combos? Is there a high damage gap in doing the best instead of some basic stuff for Platinum? From a cr.B near the corner im hitting around 3200 which seems pretty low considering a friend of mine does tons of damage with Hakuman. 

Thanks for the patience.

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1bK98rZzzI

LOL

A lot of people are coming to ask for Plat advice. Maybe we can do some sort of guide for platinum like the other forums have? Doing multiple little write-ups and repeating the same advice can all be stopped if we do something for BBCP.

I'm not the greatest player, but I do know a lot about the character. My problems just lie in application.

Hi guys, i'm new to Platinum and the whole Blazblue series. I have a lot of fighting game experience though with AE and Marvel. What i was wondering is do you guys think its mandatory to compete at higher level (i'm nowhere near there i know) to learn the very best combos? Is there a high damage gap in doing the best instead of some basic stuff for Platinum? From a cr.B near the corner im hitting around 3200 which seems pretty low considering a friend of mine does tons of damage with Hakuman. 

Thanks for the patience.

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1bK98rZzzI

LOL

The thing is that Plat's combos are nowhere near as demanding/execution heavy as they used to be in previous games. If you can do some of Marvel's advanced combos, then you can pretty much do anything BB has to offer.

The damage gap between doing some basic stuff compared to doing some of her more advanced stuff is actually not that bad, usually somewhere around 200-400 lost damage. So if you wanna learn some of her basic stuff and then move on to the more advanced stuff that requires 22C > 5C, then feel free to do so.

3.2K in the corner off a 2B is fine, the thing is that Hakumen does a hella lot more damage than most characters.

A lot of people are coming to ask for Plat advice. Maybe we can do some sort of guide for platinum like the other forums have? Doing multiple little write-ups and repeating the same advice can all be stopped if we do something for BBCP.

I'm not the greatest player, but I do know a lot about the character. My problems just lie in application.

If you guys could do this it'd be most appreciated! I think a lot of people are getting into Blazblue now with Chrono Phantasma would find this useful. Sorry if this question was already asked lol i guess i'll read the entire thread to get some bits of info as it goes along.

The thing is that Plat's combos are nowhere near as demanding/execution heavy as they used to be in previous games. If you can do some of Marvel's advanced combos, then you can pretty much do anything BB has to offer.

The damage gap between doing some basic stuff compared to doing some of her more advanced stuff is actually not that bad, usually somewhere around 200-400 lost damage. So if you wanna learn some of her basic stuff and then move on to the more advanced stuff that requires 22C > 5C, then feel free to do so.

3.2K in the corner off a 2B is fine, the thing is that Hakumen does a hella lot more damage than most characters.

I see. Yeah i play Zero May Cry and can do most of the advanced stuff but i actually think Blazblue is harder. Maybe i'm just not used yet. 

Since her damage output seems low i guess i'll try to focus on finding resets or setups for her instead of maximizing damage. A friend of mine who's a more experient BB player than i am told me she has so nice setups with the bubble on wake.

Thanks for the help,

There's always the Plat wiki page for these kinds of questions. The thing is that the strategy section is blank lol. I'll work on it one of these days but if you're interested in helping, let me know and I'll ask the higher ups to make you an account.

In the meantime, I'll at least make a basic combo guide because I know that it's easier to learn combos when you have visual examples and the notation right beneath those said videos.