Cirno

[CP] ~PtG~ Gameplay Discussion

That's a cool OS to know. Also, you don't have to jump. There's a point in the video where valk just does 2A and blocks the doll and punishes her clean. But, everything you're saying is right on the money. It's still a mindgame in the end which is good for you.

how the fuck do I do jB overhead off of swallow moon

every time I TK swallow moon and cancel I end up back on the ground - which is cool if I wanted to grab them or something but that's not what I originally intended.

what am I doing wrong help

For some reason, whenever I do my TKs I get a super jump + the move I'm trying to use right off the ground, which means that I gain a little more altitude. It works in a way that it allows me to use TK j.236C~B at the perfect height and not just land with a j.B that couldn't get through the start-up frames.

That may not be the case for everyone else, so hold 9 just a little so that you gain enough altitude to use j.B.

It's not a useless move, but you can just 2A and block to bait > Punish, so just remember it's not a DP. Your opponent doesn't have to treat it like a DP, at least on your wake up.

I usually only get real use out of the move against Valk wolf strings, though. Or a Ragna trying to do gauntlet hades or something in their strings.

How do I say this....It's a bad counter, but it's something, I guess. It's something to use when you know there's a gap you normally wouldn't be able to mash/jump out of and you're somewhat sure they're going to do something with a lot of recovery frames. Case in point, Ragna 5B > 5C > Gauntlet Hades.

Personally I think it's far better to use the move on reaction. It's pretty easy to input and can be charged while blocking down which  makes it far faster/easier (at least for me) to input than regular DP motion. 

I have found most success with it against slow hard hitting moves that are just too risky to punish but still have enough recovery to get greeted by the doll. E.g Taokakas 6C and many of Azraels drive attacks.

Occasionally I throw it at wake-up near the end of the round and RC it to 5C or something. On hit it can be combo'd to nice *if it kills* combo, On bait, the opponent might just take 5C counter hit to his face and receive the same treatment.

As for the whole counter thing, all the opponent has to do is use a jumping attack and hold back. That way they can block the doll the moment the j.X connects or continue to pressure as usual if no counter is used. Of course, the opponent will need the tiniest shred of hit-confirming ability as to not auto-pilot into 2A or some crap. Think of it as a safe jump that can be used from pretty much any knockdown.

Never really thought about using it on reaction, it should work if you expect and can react to an overhead or CT during a block-string since you'll have plenty of time to buffer it during block-stun. The problem with this is that you'll have to give up some meter that you would get from IB'ing crap that leads to the aforementioned slow attack.

The final nail in the coffin is the duration of the counter itself. If you could control the duration of the counter like Hakumen's 5D, then this counter wouldn't be as trashy as it is. Reason being is that if you were to use this counter when you know that the opponent doesn't have an option but to gatling/cancel into the next attack in order to make the previous attack safe (Jin 3C > 236A or 6C > Whatever for example), all they have to do is not cancel into anything and  they'll STILL have time to recover and punish you.

Never really thought about using it on reaction, it should work if you expect and can react to an overhead or CT during a block-string since you'll have plenty of time to buffer it during block-stun. The problem with this is that you'll have to give up some meter that you would get from IB'ing crap that leads to the aforementioned slow attack.

Using it on reaction isn't limited to just enemy block-strings, it can be any situation where you feel you are at disadvantage, maybe you whiffed a move or blocked a projectile or field is littered with lightning pillars, magnets and whatnot. There are plenty of moves that are "vulnerable" to happy magicka, some due to long recovery, some due to long ass animations (doll hits through the attack), some of these have crazy hitboxes or active frames making them really difficult to punish by normal means, some might even be frame-traps. 

Still, I have to agree that the move is severely lacking and could be a lot better. For a move that barely deals any damage, it's recovery has been greatly exaggerated and makes me wonder what Arc sys was thinking when they made the move. 

Okizeme and Off/Neutral/Def sections updated in the guide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, Hado.

Did you need help with something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V6nvrSY4ig

Messing around with OD confirms.

Also, a reminder that Plat's crush trigger is about 2 and a half char lengths long.

Decisions and Comboing parts updated in the guide.
Likely to get revises later.
plus cute images to be inserted.

it's almost as if reversals can be baited

platinum having any reversal option at all other than "sit there and take it unless you have a bat" is really really great imo.

i catch people with it all the time, because i don't use it often enough for anyone to expect it.

just bgood and don't treat it like ID because it's not.

Lol the fact that there is no more SMP on item allow for trolltastic combos, the upgraded fan being the man offender here ! if the frying pan is your next item while you're cornered and have meter to spare, you can do stuff like

5B>5C>Miracle Jeanne(>5D>66*2/3)>6C>j236C>jC>6A>jD>6A>236B>66>3C> oki

yup, if you run long enough while the opponent is in spin state due to 5D you can corner to corner in a really fun fashion, this combo is obviously unoptimized, and still does 4.2k. you can also do something similar with normal pan, but it's a lot trickier. Be wary though as combos are limited by time, you don't want to run too much between each 5D !

Would anyone mind sticky'ing my guide? All of the most relevant information is added except the miracle jeanne portion which I haven't found the time to complete since I'm going through personal things at the moment.

I can only do moderator stuff in my own section (Jin sub-forum), if not I would lol.

That Relius got hit by the plushy at a distance farther than point blank range, so Daiwa's recovery finished with enough time to throw in a 2B before the 100 frames of hard knockdown inflicted by Happy Magicka were up.

Ah. Wonder if I can add that to my gameplay.... I gotta do testing with that.

It's odd that this hasn't been mentioned here yet but..

Platinum player Pops won the recent Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 10 

http://www.twitch.tv/nobodyexe/b/532052297  (Starts around 5:27:40)

Amazing play by pops. 

Really unpredictable playstyle full of tricks, mix-ups, traps and mind games. Also liking the way he used the items, it seemed like he was comfortable with all of them, especially presents and bombs. 

Probably need to study his playstyle a bit and maybe steal few of his tricks for my arsenal.

I was surprised to see that he was playing with a gamepad, playing with DS4 myself so felt slight joy to see him use Ds3 or something similar. 

Hopefully his victory will boost up Platinums popularity a bit, since all these tier lists are listing her so low just because no one plays her. 

So I think I saw Daiwa combo off of meterless Happy Magicka with a dash 2B the other day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3iMvjpJcBCo#t=778

Right here.
Am I missing something?

Damn that Daiwa sure knows his block-strings and he resets them so well that they seem nearly endless. His play-style sure is aggressive though but seems to work so why not.

I plan on stealing things from Daiwa and Pops and mix it with my own playstyles. Really amazing stuff. I haven't gotten to touch my ps3 in a month so I can't do anything yet.

I wanna get to play Pops offline some point and see where I'd stand. Hopefully I can make it to CEO if he's going and play.

Honestly, Pops and Daiwa are my favorite Plats right now. They do original shit and always keep me glued to the screen.

Man, hearing these commentators really made me realized there's almost no one who knows Platinum. They were getting super hype over basic Platinum stuff.

So I've been practicing Platinum recently and I've been practicing this combo: 5C > 236B, 6C > 22C, 5C > 6A > j.C > JC > j.C > A Persia. Problem is I can't ever seem to hit the 5C after the 22C. It may be just one of those "it comes with practice" things, but I just wanted to ask if anyone had any ideas on a good way to know when I should hit 5C to make it connect properly. I always seem to end up hitting it too late or early one.

Also if this isn't the place to put this, please forgive me and you may move / delete this post.

I have so much trouble with that link that I stopped trying to do it. I just do 5C > 236B > 5C > 6A > 6B > 5C > 6A > 6C > j.236c > j.C > 6A > j.C > JC > j.C > Persia/weapon+bubble oki.

Works well enough. Still, wish I could get the 22C timing right. One day...

So I've been practicing Platinum recently and I've been practicing this combo: 5C > 236B, 6C > 22C, 5C > 6A > j.C > JC > j.C > A Persia. Problem is I can't ever seem to hit the 5C after the 22C. It may be just one of those "it comes with practice" things, but I just wanted to ask if anyone had any ideas on a good way to know when I should hit 5C to make it connect properly. I always seem to end up hitting it too late or early one.

Also if this isn't the place to put this, please forgive me and you may move / delete this post.

Your goal is to hit the 22C as late as possible so you recover quickly enough to link the 5C. Your issue isn't when you hit the 5C most likely, but when you're hitting the 22C during its animation.

You want to hit with the last few active frames of 22C as to retain the most hitstun after recovery.

There's no real way to learn 22c timing outside of practice and 'feeling' it.

I guarantee all you have to do is practice and you'll get it with Plats combos. You'll even hit those links online consistently.

Practice makes perfect.

Also, always try to go into the Cofirm > 3C > Air Persia route in the corner. It's your best route out.