Cirno

[CP] ~PtG~ Gameplay Discussion

Of course. It was Hazama. His hitbox is so funky. Does it apply to Terumi as well? I know their hitboxes are similar.

I didn't expect the quick response given the state I normally see this board in. Thanks for the help.

Watched a couple more videos and I've seen that Plat can OTG with 5C from a 5D/j.D Cat Hammer knockdown mid-combo and she can OTG off a 5D Hammer knockdown as well. The catch is that the opponent has to be airborne before you hit them with the Ds in order to have enough time to OTG 5C. 

So basically Plat can use every item mid-combo in this game. #isitJulyyet?

with hammer as next item unblockable setup in corner

X>3C knockdown>214C>665AAA>2B>5C>236236D>j.D

Bubble makes it gapless.

If they get hit by any attack beforehand you don't have to commit to super hammer.

followup combo:

665C>6A>6B>3C>236A~AAA>6A>6C>j.22C>5C>6A>236B>3C>214C

Nah, her neutral game is ok and sometimes even situational, her damage output is pretty good but not ridiculous, her mix-up is really only strong with Bubble oki in the corner to back it up because otherwise things like TK Swallow mix-up are easy to disrespect and her biggest shortcoming is that she has really low health and her defensive options are situational and sucky.

Just be glad she's not bottom tier, you can still win games if you know what to do. 

Might not be worth it now that you can get damage + screen carry off B Persia. 

What's the maximum distance at which you can confirm into 3C > B Persia? As it stands, the max range you can usually do it from is off a 66 2B and the sweet spot is off a max range 5A. I wonder if you can do it off a max range 2B without the dashing momentum since they buffed the 3C float. Testerino?

Max range 5C>3C>Bpogo works barely

5Bmax range>3C>BPogo does not.

my go-to midscreen route has been:

5B>3C>236A~BBB>66A>6C>j.236C~C>66A>j.22C>665C>6A>236B

in corner:

5B>3C>236B>5C>6A>22C>6A>6C>j.236C~C>j.236A~BBB>3C>214C

Remember that 5C > 6C works now on airborne opponents, might be able to squeeze more damage by replacing 6A with 5C since it has better proration. 

New B Persia da gawd, more damage, screen carry, side swap combos, and guaranteed 3C > 214C oki. 

Edit: Holy shit I just noticed that we can no longer spam 214D Missiles/Bombs as doing so will get rid of the item. You still get infinite missiles/bombs but you have to use the normal 5D versions. RIP corner OD 214D bomb shenanigans.

New Air Persia feels weird as hell, gonna have to get used to it. Oh and it looks like the 236B slide duration is affected by the combo timer. RIP mid-screen to corner combos. 

I like new air persia for midscreen combos now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_hpwNKxwnc

It's worth noting that 3C > B Persia doesn't work on Noel and Celica. You have to stick with 236B > 22C on them  :vbang:

Since I don't see a CF thread for Platinum yet, I guess I'll share this CF Platinum footage here:

Platinum footage start times: 0:08, 9:23, 13:54, 24:00, 29:55 and 33:26

Footage of Platinum's New "Halo Boomerang" item:  1:20 15:02, 30:10

Footage of Platinum's Exceed Accel being used (doesn't hit though):  17:10

Edited by mizuiro-kitsune

I do, I switched from sub to main when CPEX came out. Have had a lot more fun playing her than I have had with the rest of the cast.

The CF changes look promising and I can't wait for it to release on consoles. Removing SMP opens up so many options for Plat.

A friend of mine is trying to learn Platinum in CPEX. Where should he go to start? From playing him I learned he needs to figure out blockstrings, mixups, weapon usage, and perhaps more optimized combos.