Cirno

[CP] ~PtG~ Gameplay Discussion

I can't help but feel like Plat got the short end of the stick

I've been looking at CP match-ups and I'm finding it difficult to find a match-up that I can say is good for us.

It's all 4.5-5.5 or 5-5 in my opinion.

Come on Arc buff Plat's damage so I can do instant death combos off a FC 2C like Naoto or something :3

Edited by Kujikawa

Gone are the days where we could hit 7K with 2C without much effort. Now you're lucky if you get 5K with it :gonk:

Anyways, littlefang, here's my advice for you:

- Work on your combos, that seems to be every Platinum player's bane. Without proper combos, you can't take advantage of her high damage output in the corner.

- Work on your pressure, there's a huge hole in your pressure whenever you use the Bubble and the Bubble doesn't have enough blockstun to take advantage of it being blocked. That and j.C > Swallow Moon > j.C gets predictable, mix it up with just landing and doing a 2A or something. If you use 6C, don't always go for the j.C cancel, an AA will beat it for free if you're too predictable so just jump cancel it and double jump to try and bait an AA.

- Be mindful of frame data, if your 5D Cat Hammer gets blocked, you're at frame disadvantage. If you go for another one, you'll lose to the opponent's poke.

Gone are the days where we could hit 7K with 2C without much effort. Now you're lucky if you get 5K with it :gonk:

Anyways, littlefang, here's my advice for you:

- Work on your combos, that seems to be every Platinum player's bane. Without proper combos, you can't take advantage of her high damage output in the corner.

- Work on your pressure, there's a huge hole in your pressure whenever you use the Bubble and the Bubble doesn't have enough blockstun to take advantage of it being blocked. That and j.C > Swallow Moon > j.C gets predictable, mix it up with just landing and doing a 2A or something. If you use 6C, don't always go for the j.C cancel, an AA will beat it for free if you're too predictable so just jump cancel it and double jump to try and bait an AA.

- Be mindful of frame data, if your 5D Cat Hammer gets blocked, you're at frame disadvantage. If you go for another one, you'll lose to the opponent's poke.

Thanks for the help. I really needed it. Any suggestions for pressure?

Lots of 5A/2A and 66 5As to reset pressure. Delay them from time to time to beat jumps and mashing. Once your opponent starts respecting you, go for TK Swallow shenanigans. If you're going to use 6B, make sure to use it as its optimal range so that you can convert it into a combo or get a crapload of frame advantage for you to reset pressure safely.

Try not to use Bubbles at all during pressure if possible, the risk/reward is not in your favor when you use those during pressure.

Lots of 5A/2A and 66 5As to reset pressure. Delay them from time to time to beat jumps and mashing. Once your opponent starts respecting you, go for TK Swallow shenanigans. If you're going to use 6B, make sure to use it as its optimal range so that you can convert it into a combo or get a crapload of frame advantage for you to reset pressure safely.

Try not to use Bubbles at all during pressure if possible, the risk/reward is not in your favor when you use those during pressure.

Thank you so much. How would Platinum escape the corner? Especially from AkihikoSanada~'s Valkenhyn.

That's going to be tough.

For one, try not to roll out of the corner at every chance you get, it will only end in tears for you. Look for holes in his pressure so that you can up+back or hit 5A. Other than that, just block and pray lol. I'm gonna do a Jin vs Valk write up and try a bunch of things in practice mode while using frame data as reference and see what I get. I'll let you know some of the common pressure gaps for you to use 5A or try to jump out.

That's going to be tough.

For one, try not to roll out of the corner at every chance you get, it will only end in tears for you. Look for holes in his pressure so that you can up+back or hit 5A. Other than that, just block and pray lol. I'm gonna do a Jin vs Valk write up and try a bunch of things in practice mode while using frame data as reference and see what I get. I'll let you know some of the common pressure gaps for you to use 5A or try to jump out.

Also why did you leave the chat when you say Aki?

I thought I was in the wrong chat room since you guys were talking about Persona or something lol

For one, try not to roll out of the corner at every chance you get, it will only end in tears for you.

Speaking of that, I got a mentality that rolling is never ever good, especially when you're in a corner. How true is that? Are there any cases when I do have to roll out instead of sitting there and blocking? The latter always feels like a more reliable option to me.

In other news, Daiwa beat Goro.

We can do this lolikin. We can do this.

Edit: ;_;

Edited by InWithTheAshes

Speaking of that, I got a mentality that rolling is never ever good, especially when you're in a corner. How true is that? Are there any cases when I do have to roll out instead of sitting there and blocking? The latter always feels like a more reliable option to me.

It depends, if you always neutral tech, then the opponent might take advantage of that by going for an overhead. If the opponent is used to you always neutral teching then you can get away with a roll since they usually don't have to worry about punishing your rolls. If you get hit by a move that knocks you far away such as Hell's Fang (Follow-up), Mami Circular, Makoto 5D, Tsubaki's 22C, you can at least get away with a back roll and when your opponent gets used to always chasing after you after you do a back roll, you can use that to sneak a forward roll to get past them from time to time.

Daiwa's Plat making it to top 8 is impressive on its own, good shit I say.

Edited by Moy_X7

It depends, if you always neutral tech, then the opponent might take advantage of that by going for an overhead. If the opponent is used to you always neutral teching then you can get away with a roll since they usually don't have to worry about punishing your rolls. If you get hit by a move that knocks you far away such as Hell's Fang (Follow-up), Mami Circular, Makoto 5D, Tsubaki's 22C, you can at least get away with a back roll and when your opponent gets used to always chasing after you after you do a back roll, you can use that to sneak a forward roll to get past them from time to time.

Daiwa's Plat making it to top 8 is impressive on its own, good shit I say.

on the other hand, you'll rarely see quick get-up. if you mix things up enough while playing smart you can get away with a lot.

daiwa making top 8 was good, he could've honestly taken the whole thing lol. sorta glad he didn't though, it's because of him plat hasn't ever been past b tier ;_; if he won plat would've just gotten nerfed again w

lol, if they nerfed Plat any more than they already have then I really might just end up dropping her. If anything, I'm hoping that they buff Happy Magica, the present box and the command throw some day. I wish they had kept the teleport counter instead of this shitty, 21F start-up doll that's -fucking 33 on block and must be performed with a charge command :v:

Edit: Just watched that quarter-finals match between Daiwa and Dogura (AZ) and I'm mad that CDT lost to Sentinel Dump, that was just ugh.

Edited by Moy_X7

present is pretty strong lol, not really sure how they could buff it without making it nuts. it would be nice if the command throw was faster, and magica is ok. magica is definitely weaker than it could be but the teleport counter might've been even weaker than this, lol. im a bit annoyed that even though it has the benefit of being unable to be crossed-up, if they DO cross you up the doll won't auto-correct. if it did, you'd be safe from both sides, and you'd be able to rc a blocked doll from the opposite side. NEEDS WORK #whensbbcp2

i'm still confused at how cdt traded, i can only assume daiwa tk'd the air version (which is visibly noticeable, i'd have to check the video again) since that's vulnerable for the frame that it hits (4f invul 4+1f startup vs cdt's 12f invul 5+7f startup). idk

i think plat's pretty solid overall, but is still deserving of some buffs

I mean the normal present; you're vulnerable for way too long (41F), the vertical hit-box is too small and can be triggered by a high jump without touching it. The treasure chests in the other hand are pretty godlike; infinite vertical hit-box, decent horizontal hit-box, remain on hit. I just wish they reduced the total recovery time for the normal presents by at least 10Fs. 41Fs is much too long and makes it really dangerous to drop the box during neutral, which means that you're stuck with that item until you get a chance to 214D it away by either being full-screen away from the opponent or by dropping them after scoring a knockdown.

If they made Happy Meguca auto-correct and allowed for a tiny combo on CH, then I'd bear with the horrible start-up and recovery. By the way, is it possible to IB > Meguca with crouching block since you're technically not letting go off the 2 while you IB? Why did it have to be a charge command!? :(

Plat is solid but she could be so much more with some minor tweaks (faster command throw and buffed Happy Meguca plz). I also hope that one day she gets a special that allows her to recover her currently equipped item stocks during neutral, even if the total recovery time for it would be like 50F lol.

i know you meant regular presents. 41f is a while, but as long as you're not predictable you should be fine. especially considering if they try to punish but you recover, they're just going to get bopped

ib > magica would only be possible we could chargebuffer > ib > input, which idk about lol. maybe? will test IN OCTOBER. whens bbcp2 btw

Haha, I can see that

> Lays present down

> Opponent tries to rushdown

> CDTs/Happy Magica after recovery

October is so far, far away :(

Hello everyone, this is my first post in a forum here. I'm a slightly above average platinum player. Currently i'm starting to learn some more combos of her, but after reading and watching videos of her gameplay in the chrono phantasma version, her combos from continuum shift extend is pretty much unusable?

Pretty much. However, console CP is still a few months away (for Japan, nobody's entirely sure about the release date for any other country), so I'd recommend you keep playing anyway if you want.

Oh, and thanks for coming to the site, and welcome to the Platinum boards.

Hello everyone, this is my first post in a forum here. I'm a slightly above average platinum player. Currently i'm starting to learn some more combos of her, but after reading and watching videos of her gameplay in the chrono phantasma version, her combos from continuum shift extend is pretty much unusable?

Yeah, her combo options have been crippled thanks to the 6C and 22C SMP nerfs. So anything that required two of those in the same combo needs to be reworked. I'd say keep playing her so that at least your Plat fundamentals carry over.

Ok, thanks for the advice and thanks for the welcome XD. I'm planning to get the japanese version regardless since i'm really excited to play and can read some basic japanese mainly katakana and hiragana. Seeing as pretty much everyone's damage has been nerfed or so... what would be platinum's average combo damage would be without using distortion drive?

There could be more to experiment with, and therefore, the actual average could be higher but it's as of now somewhere around the 2K mark.

And yes, the damage of most of the cast did get nerfed, but Plat is a particularly large case.

From Stuff > 5C > 3C > 236AXB > sj.C > JC > j.C > j.236AXX, she gets around 1.8K. That's her mid-screen BnB if you're close enough to the opponent, of course you can get more damage if you hit a crouching opponent with Stuff > 5C > 6C > j.236C > j.C > 66 5C/6A > Air Combo/236B. We still don't know if Stuff > 5C > j.C > j.2C > 66 5A > Stuff still works, that used to net 2.1K back in CSE.

In the corner, she still does 3K in average but has a hard time getting past 4K. I'm guessing that we probably won't be seeing any significant jumps in damage output until people get their hands on the console version. There's still a lot of experimenting left to do as we've yet to see a single Plat combo video.