Cirno

[CP] ~PtG~ Gameplay Discussion

The quality of that video makes it really hard to see the damage dealt though. If her damage is still not buff up in the console release means that we have to mix up the opponent to consistently deal any significant damage. Although she seems to fare well in tourney.

What do you mean yet to see a single BBCP Plat CV, what about http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20220369

Well I'll be damned...

lol, that Bubble > 214D (Present) > j.C > j.236AXB loop was hype.

It seems that j.D (Pan) > 6A > 6C > j.236C > j.C > 66 6A > 22C > 66 5C > Stuff is the norm. I wonder if that 22C route would work in the corner, something like 5A > 5C > 236B > 6C > j.236C > j.C > 6A > 22C > stuff.

Off something with a better starter, maybe Stuff > 236B > 6C > j.236C > j.C > 6A > 236AXA > 66 5C > 6A > 22C > 5C > 6A > 6B > 3C > Bubble Oki would work.

I've seen in some matches that 6B > 3C > Bubble oki is iffy, if they don't tech immediately after the 3C then the Bubble blue beats because they're still in the air and we don't want that. Basically we're going to have to figure out a way to end corner combos with either 236B or 236AXA so that we can do 3C > Bubble while they're still grounded.

3.7K off an IAD Hammer RC/CH is sad, there must be a way to buff that damage up.

Stuff > 5D (Pan) > 5A+B looks like it leads to really good damage, I wonder if 5C CH > 5A+B works.

Edited by Moy_X7

in all the videos ive seen, plats damage is just a little bit lower than most the cast, but our mixup seems a little stronger since the game speed up overall and a lot of plats mixup was hard to react to already imo

buffs to being able to combo off blue hammer and some other random item hits is nice too

You know, the feline one.

in all the videos ive seen, plats damage is just a little bit lower than most the cast, but our mixup seems a little stronger since the game speed up overall and a lot of plats mixup was hard to react to already imo

... But said speed increase mostly didn't involve startu0p frames whatsoever, just the general flow and mechanics of the game. Our mixup is actually worse now, seeing as air pan startup got nerfed (although it's safer on block at least).

yea, i mean mostly TK swallow moon and command throw mixup. just the flow seems to make them harder to feel out

just my observation

and i say blue hammer/red hammer cuz i prefer it to cat hammer/pow hammer. just me trying to not be all cutesy and shit. Serious platinum business only.

I've watched some random videos here and there of platinum matches... and from what i've seen, she seems to have quite a hard time against noel? would watch some more matches but currently busy with some work.

buffs to being able to combo off blue hammer and some other random item hits is nice too

I don't think you can combo off the Cat (yes I call it "Cat") unless it's a CH as usual, unless you mean as a blue beat.

j.D Pan definitely got buffed with the frame advantage and the ability to turn air-to-air confirms into highly damaging combos. The start-up nerf doesn't really mean much when people still get blown up by 24F start-up OHs (guilty).

Pretty much all of her items got buffed. The hammer instantly crushes guard and can still be used to extend combos. The bombs and missiles seem to have gained more untechable time. The cat brings Plat straight to the ground which makes it easier to confirm CHs and start blue beats if they don't emergency tech. The bat gets more untechable time on CH, etc.

I don't think you can combo off the Cat (yes I call it "Cat") unless it's a CH as usual, unless you mean as a blue beat.

j.D Pan definitely got buffed with the frame advantage and the ability to turn air-to-air confirms into highly damaging combos. The start-up nerf doesn't really mean much when people still get blown up by 24F start-up OHs (guilty).

Pretty much all of her items got buffed. The hammer instantly crushes guard and can still be used to extend combos. The bombs and missiles seem to have gained more untechable time. The cat brings Plat straight to the ground which makes it easier to confirm CHs and start blue beats if they don't emergency tech. The bat gets more untechable time on CH, etc.

startup time may not matter for whether people can block it, but it does mean that it isn't a tiny gap to dp out of, + it will be jab mashable.

People have always been able to DP out of 5A > j.D but not from 5C > j.D. I wonder if that small gap will cause the 5C > j.D string to not be air tight any more. On the flip side, people mashing after 5C will get frame trapped by j.D. The only bad thing is that people will be able to mash out of 5A > j.D, which it doesn't matter all that much since it's too easy to just frame trap them with 5A/2A staggers.

something i've been wondering does MJ Hammer have the same guard crush properties as regular hammer now? i ask this because of the primer difference between the two is CSE, so i wonder if there is no reason to use MJ Hammer like that anymore (other than it's more obvious advantages).

I'm guessing that it has the same guard crush properties, the only difference here is the added range to the hammer and the +5F advantage. If anything it might deplete some of their Barrier if they were to Barrier block it since the regular version doesn't deplete their Barrier on block but that's just me making a wild guess.

yeah, that's the only thing i could come up with that would make any difference too. sad that (iirc) j.D hammers don't crush

both hammer and mj hammer (5d) guardcrush, neither j.d's do. mj hammer is still a frame faster than non, and yeah, like moy said, +5 on block. i havent seen anyone use mj hammer 5d on block yet so :v no idea if it takes more barrier (aside from being a level higher)

I didnt know until now. There purple heart color too. its on Extended but am sure it will be on CP too.

Oh, because i though maybe they gonna do a other colors on the next xpac or something. but i didnt spot it. thanks again.

I'm gonna miss the old DLC colors, nothing in CP compares to my red outfit with gold trimming and light purple hair Plat. Madoka color comes close but no dice.