Cirno

[CP] ~PtG~ Gameplay Discussion

I dunno what you guys are talking about, Plat sounds great to me.

a ton of plat recently on stream, looking really strong~ frigging hype to play her now lolll fUCK

also no what both luna and sena were nerfed

presents are GOD. take a frigging long time to disappear (or they just dont?!?!?), they dont disappear when you get hit, you can't attack them to break them

god item

Edited by Cirno

This has so much worth taking note of it's insane.
Up the quality if you have to.
I'll just leave this here until yggjrasil makes the video thread. This is worth studying.

Madoka palette is pretty damn good. Edited by Fujiwara

That new item is worth the hype, also I noticed 236B wallbounces which I'm not sure how I feel about that along with noticing that the bat's hit boxes or priority altered a bit considering it never sent the opponent to the other direction when they were hit like that .__. ...though maybe I'm imagining things as well as thinking that maybe our bubbles travel faster too. What does our OD even do btw, I saw the guy use it but we don't have our powered up items still.

Our damage output hasn't suffered that much at least from what I can tell

That new item is worth the hype, also I noticed 236B wallbounces which I'm not sure how I feel about that along with noticing that the bat's hit boxes or priority altered a bit considering it never sent the opponent to the other direction when they were hit like that .__. ...though maybe I'm imagining things as well as thinking that maybe our bubbles travel faster too. What does our OD even do btw, I saw the guy use it but we don't have our powered up items still.

Our damage output hasn't suffered that much at least from what I can tell

Heartcar wallsticks now, not bounces.

Also, I noticed the weirdness of bat hitbox as well. Bubbles are faster, it seems. I made that observation as well.

This is what our OD does.

Edited by Fujiwara

Speaking of presents, jD drops it straight below her, while MM drops one right before her and the other farther ahead. So where does 5D drop it?

I'm hoping that you can control where you want the present to drop in the same way that you can control where you want the bombs to land. Those presents look pretty godlike. Carl was in the middle of a combo and he stumbled upon a present, which broke his combo lol.

The 236A distance coverage nerf might be more of a double-edged sword. It covers less distance which means less recovery, so using 236A to dodge stuff would be safer. The bad thing is that you won't be able to do 2C > 236A > 5C side swap anymore.

A special note, there is a Platinum v. Hazama theme now. and during the fight, Trinity speaks several times

I watched a couple more Plat matches and the regular presents go away on hit whereas the treasures remain even after getting hit.

I saw a video with the treasure chests. they last a looooooong time, but do disappear eventually. also, MJ gives 4 chests, rather than the 2 presents.

i also saw that she only gets 2 Hammers at a time now, which might be to mitigate how many times she can guard crush someone. but I don't know if she'll get a third one in MJ

I saw a video where the Plat player attempted the Hammer Loop and it worked halfway... 5C > sj.B > j.C > JC > j.C > j.D > 5C... and then he tried to do 5C > JC > j.C for God knows what reason, so he dropped the combo. Still, I'll take a single rep of that thing if it comes down to that. I just hope that 5C > 3C works at least to setup Bubble oki.

I'm comfortable sitting on 2 free combos with the hammers.

I don't wanna use even one in a combo.

My question is, with 5C's level-down, is 5C > Hammer 5D still airtight?

With this hammer could we have 'Unblockable' setups?

Well, in this case, the word would be 'Guardbreak' set-ups.

Has 5C > 5D ever been airtight? I never gave it much thought until now since I would usually always use my Hammers for the loops.

It's going to be fun doing 5A > 2A x N and having the opponent waste their Barrier in fear of getting Guard Crushed by 5D lol.

I believe it was indeed a true block string.

and if they waste all the barrier, you can than go overdrive with bombs and chip them to death

Now the question would be what's our best combo gunna be midscreen and corner/near corner with 5C starter

And yup, it's completely air tight. I normally use it to break the last two primers of 4 primer characters after they burst or otherwise when I get the chance.

2A > 5C >Hammer 5D, Frame trap and lost of primers if they don't fall for it. Pretty easy to confirm off a CH 5C when you're looking for it too so you don't autopilot the Hammer at the end. 5A > 5C > Hammer 5D is completely airtight for when you just wanna guardbreak.

Though, that's only on normal block. 5C on instant block is punishable by I know Ragna and anything with start-up invuln during Hammer's start-up.

Edited by Fujiwara

Mid-screen combos aren't looking too hot. I've yet to see a Plat attempt a 5C > Rising j.C combo but that's maybe because it doesn't even work any more due to the supposed 5C attack level nerf. 6A doesn't launch anymore either. Looks like we'll just have to settle for ABC combos ending with Mami :(

I forget which video was it, but I saw a corner combo that made use of Air Persia's new slide properties. It did more than what Plat does now even though it was only a little. I'll try to find it.

I think she should certainly be able to extend her combos with items. I'm still confident in the idea that she'll seriously be relying on her items more.

Meterless, even though it's day one, we've seen combos, but nothing giving us Oki unless it was shortened from what I can remember

Lemme think.. We have 6C after mami circular, but mami wallsticks and throws em away.... I wish I could just get this damn game in my hands so I can experiment.

So, do we have anyway to lift them off the ground outside the corner for something like: Whatever, J.C , 236AAB? > Something

We just have to see what the japs come up with in a month or two. And hope we can import.

I saw something like that with a 2B starter, it did 3.3K but I don't remember the exact notations.

I'm looking through the videos myself to figure out if 236A is the special that grants the whole slide/ground bounce properties. Air 236AXXX seems to be the same as before or maybe you have to be close to the ground in order to get the slide/ground bounce properties?

I believe it was indeed a true block string.

and if they waste all the barrier, you can than go overdrive with bombs and chip them to death

5c > 5d was a true blockstring, but if IB'd there was a gap. also, unfortunately, hammer doesn't take 1/3'd barrier. saw it used, not the same as crush triggers.