Cirno

[CP] ~PtG~ Gameplay Discussion

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8600-updated-88-cp-platinum-the-trinity-character-guide-work-in-progess/#entry794739

tell me if this helps or you need more details

If you're trying to reload items, your immediate option is command grab. Never yolo CDT unless it'd kill.

I don't really understand your question, though. Rephrase.

I'll use an example that happened yesterday. I was playing my friend's Arakune and had MJ hammer (not sure if it's supposed to be useful in this matchup or not but it was). I used one to groundpound him and got a little combo off of it, and I really, really wanted to use it for a guard crush, but I only had one left. What were my options to set up a grab or CDT to refill?

I guess the guide helped with the command grab in pressure idea, but I'd like to know what all of my options are so I can whip one out in any situation I find myself in. Thanks!

Hello, kind of noob question here, but I have been trying out a lot of the characters to get a feel for them (I used to main mu-12 but I didn't have a good grasp of the game's mechanics at the time) and I have trouble with what seems to be one of Platinum's BnBs, specifically the 3c Persia routes. Is there a specific spacing I have to do them at or something weird with the timing of Persia? I try to cancel the 3c into persia as fast as possible and can only ever get it to hit in the corner. Is that how it is supposed to be and if so what are the midscreen routes?

It depends on the character as well, it won't work on Makoto mid-screen. You pretty much have to input the command during 3C and the cancel window is pretty unforgiving, so I would be careful using it mid-screen when there's even a tiny bit of lag. It's easier to use in the corner and it's easier to use if you omit the 5C. Mid-screen combos using 3C > B Persia really only vary depending on the item, the standard BnB is:

X > 5B > 3C > B Persia, sj.C > JC > j.C > X Persia.

You also have to delay the 3rd hit of Air Persia in order to get a combo out of it.

The damage you would get out of it compared to the other standard mid-screen combo (X > 5B > 5C > 236B, 22C) is barely noticeable, so I would go with the 236B finisher combo if you're having a hard time using the former.

3+C to D Attacks Revolver Action route added, floats the opponent higher on hit making it easier to follow

Does this mean will be be seeing less Persia after a 3C?

Air Lion Hammer no longer hits overhead. Not sure if this applies to cat hammer as well.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv196063824 - 26:24.

Xie was saying that cat hammer doesn't hit overhead anymore either. (https://twitter.com/XiePlus/status/520033503660867585)

Which makes sense because it can be special cancelled now.

3+C to D Attacks Revolver Action route added, floats the opponent higher on hit making it easier to follow

Does this mean will be be seeing less Persia after a 3C?

It means that we're getting more oki options in the corner with bombs, missiles, and presents. In the previous location test it was said that 3C > Air Persia no longer worked, we'll just have to wait and see if that change remains and as it stands, most of the changes did make it to the final version. At the very least, 3C > 236B is guaranteed to work as 5C > 236B would not work if you were too far away from the opponent.

No more cat hammer IOHs is a pretty hefty nerf. Oh well, we'll get over it.

236AAAB doesn't ground bounce as high as before, which means that we can combo into 5C. That change is a HUGE combo buff, it means that we can equip an item from mid-screen combos, more damage, and more corner carry.

j.236AAB now ground bounces, which means that air confirms turn into damage. Next time you hit a nigga with a random treasure chest, you best believe you'll be getting over 3K out it, which right now is only possible near the corner with a well placed 236B (leads to 4K+).

3C launches higher, which makes it a helluva lot easier to go into Miracle Jean combos.

Main switch go

236AAAB doesn't ground bounce as high as before, which means that we can combo into 5C. That change is a HUGE combo buff, it means that we can equip an item from mid-screen combos, more damage, and more corner carry.

j.236AAB now ground bounces, which means that air confirms turn into damage. Next time you hit a nigga with a random treasure chest, you best believe you'll be getting over 3K out it, which right now is only possible near the corner with a well placed 236B (leads to 4K+).

3C launches higher, which makes it a helluva lot easier to go into Miracle Jean combos.

:yaaay: Where did you see this?! Do you have any footage to share?

Edit: Never mind, I found it AND IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQZjQJSaZgI

I like the look of all the plat changes. Losing Blue OH Pokes of Doom is a trade worth making for combos I like the look of more, more options with all this special cancel and gatling shit, and that FUCKING AMAZING OD 236236D SUPER.

Its like Im playing extend again. Hype for Plat and Hype for L11. Hrmmm. Fun times ahead.

Apparently the MJ items get powered up during OD. Plat was able to combo off Super Hammer 5D and Super Cat Hammer 5D ground bounces. 2015 Year of the Loli.

I saw Yumekami take a match from Fenrichi and he rekt a bunch of other players, that there is proof that Plat will most likely have a place in A tier at least  #2015YearoftheLoli

Apparently the MJ items get powered up during OD.

So, if I'm reading this correctly:  a MJOD item is even better than a MJ item?!  If that's the case, I can't wait to see how they all work in MJOD form!

So, if I'm reading this correctly:  a MJOD item is even better than a MJ item?!  If that's the case, I can't wait to see how they all work in MJOD form!

Actually, after watching the video again, it seems that the MJ Cat Hammer ground bounces on normal hit by default and I'm guessing that the same applies for 5D Hammer hard knockdown: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPkr4C7MZCk#t=3m33s

I thought she was already A-tier

I have no idea, I haven't been keeping up with tier lists lol

Actually, after watching the video again, it seems that the MJ Cat Hammer ground bounces on normal hit by default and I'm guessing that the same applies for 5D Hammer hard knockdown: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPkr4C7MZCk#t=3m33s

Wow!  It feels like they're trying to add more incentive to use Overdrive over Break Burst's...

MJ cat hammer bounces by default? Whaaaaaat?

I mean I guess we had to get something in exchange for not having a halfscreen IOH anymore, but... I'm okay with this.

On the subject of pogoloop, does anyone know if the timing is different for different characters? I can get it consistently against some characters, but for others whether or not it works seems somewhat random.