Cirno

[CP] ~PtG~ Gameplay Discussion

I think she should certainly be able to extend her combos with items. I'm still confident in the idea that she'll seriously be relying on her items more.

Yeah, it's all about those items mid-screen.

Stuff > 5C > 5D (Missiles/Bombs) > 66 6A > 6C > j.236C > j.C > 66 6A > Mami

Stuff > 5C > j.D (Pan) > Stuff

I just wanna see if the 236A (B finisher) ground bounce could allow you to do something other than a 5A pick-up.

I wonder if they could make Stuff > 5C > Mami > 66 5C > 2C > Bubble > 6C > 22C > [5C > 6A > (j.)236AXXA] or [5C > j.C > (j.)236AXXA] > Bubble oki work. I like the Bubble route because it allows you to equip an item if you haven't already. If not then something like Stuff > Mami > 6C > 22C > 6A > 6B > 6A > 6C > j.236C > j.C > j.236AXXA > Bubble oki.

The key here is doing (j.)236AXXA low to the ground so you can get the slide effect and setup Bubble oki.

Edit: Ok, seeing that video, if you can end your combo with 3C > 236AXXA, then you should be able to setup Bubble oki. Now they just need to find a way to prolong the combo up until the 3C > 236AXXA part.

Edited by Moy_X7

Edit: Ok, seeing that video, if you can end your combo with 3C > 236AXXA, then you should be able to setup Bubble oki. Now they just need to find a way to prolong the combo up until the 3C > 236AXXA part.

Yup, I was thinking this same thing the moment I thought about how the 3C was there. This makes 3C > 236AXXA our most legit ender for Oki so far.

I also approve of the bubble route more. Which makes me think of something else, whether or not we still have our item switch combos later on.

Random thought: TK Swallow vs Opponents Wake-up OD

In theory, Stuff > 5C > Mami > 66 5C > 2C > Bubble > 6C > 22C > 3C > 236AXXA > Bubble Oki should work.

Love TK Swallow oki, just as long as you do it in time to Barrier cancel or Kara Barrier the j.B lol.

I'm curious if it's still true that curedot typhoon works in the air or not? I remember hearing it a while ago and wonder if it was actually true or not.

yes, it's true. you can float around while doing it too, it seems to have pretty good mobility! was only able to see it once in a random stream match though

In theory, Stuff > 5C > Mami > 66 5C > 2C > Bubble > 6C > 22C > 3C > 236AXXA > Bubble Oki should work.

Love TK Swallow oki, just as long as you do it in time to Barrier cancel or Kara Barrier the j.B lol.

im not the biggest BB player, but what the hell does that mean? o.O

Canceling an attack on its start-up frames with a Barrier, usually done during a DD flash.

So basically if the DD flash happens and my j.B is barely on its start-up frames, I can cancel it into a Barrier to avoid getting hit by a DD.

Nope, her Hammer Guard Crushes in the final version and that's why we only get 2 item stocks for the Hammer now. However, while it Guard Crushes instantly, it doesn't take away 1/3rd of the opponent's Barrier like CTs do if they choose to Barrier to fend off the Guard Crush.

I thought the amount of Barrier taken by CTs depends on the character, like with Guard Primers before?

I don't know about that, I guess I'll have to watch more videos and pay attention whenever someone avoids getting Guard Crushed by using Barrier.

*wondering why these vids aren't posted in the Video section*

Fawck, I'll just add these later.

My bad. Someone needs to sticky that thread. I didn't even know it existed yet.

My bad. Someone needs to sticky that thread. I didn't even know it existed yet.

lol, i thought i did this already?! guess this is what happens when you stay up 32 hours

made a new critique thread, though cp isn't out yet it's not too bad to make a new one. was gonna make a new q&a thread too but i'll wait until it's out for that

also, some simple item combos from the jbbs

Frying Pan

2B > 5C > 3C > PersiaAAB > hj j.C > JD > 6C > 22C > Microdash 5C > 6A > Mami (3150 damage)

Missile

2B > 5C > 5D > Dash 3C > PersiaAAB > hj j.C > j.D > Mami (2600 damage)

(just checked, there's more too. translating now)

Edited by Cirno

Let's see here...

Corner stuff, 22C > 5C/6A setups:

Stuff > 5C > Mami > 66 5C > 2C > Bubble > 6C > 22C > 5C > Stuff

Stuff > 5C > Mami > 66 6C > j.236C > j.C > 22C > 5C > Stuff

Both 22C routes still work but the second one requires that you cancel into j.236C at the peak of 6C.

It also seems like ground CDT can be controlled to go up lol.

I'm disappointed in these Plats, they're all just doing Mami > 6C > 22C > 5C > Air Combo > Air Persia in the corner and not even wanting to experiment with potential Bubble oki setup combos. I know that j.D Frying Pan also has more potential than Rising j.D > 66 5A > 6A > Mami, they could easily do Rising j.D > 66 5A > 6A > 6C > 22C > 66 5C > [Air Combo] or [6A > Mami].

i'll start using 236A~A to signify A ender and so forth

Starter

5B > (5C) 3C > 236A~A >...

Frypan

...5C > 6A > 6B > 5D > 5C > j.C > j.D > 5C > 6A > 236B 〆 3700

Bat

...5C > 6A > 6B > 5C > (j.C ) j.D > 5D > 5C > 6A > 236B 〆 3700

Hammer

...5C > 6A > Delay 5C > j.C > j.C > j.D > 5C > 6A > 236B 〆 3800

~CDT > 22C > 22C works, gets about 5400

more stuff

236B > 3C > 236A~A > 5C > 6A > 6C > 22C > 5C > Aerial Ender 236A~A 〆 4000

Edited by Cirno

I'm so fucking glad that 236A~X is not an SMP move, that's our Bubble oki setup right there.

5A > 5C > 3C > 236A~A > 66 5C > 6A > 6C > 22C > [5C > 6A > 236B] or [6A > 6C > j.236C > j.C > 6A > 236B] > Bubble oki should work. I almost forgot that 3C has a pretty good P2.

Edit: By the way, I probably won't make the combo thread until after a month passes and people figure out more CP Plat stuff.

Edited by Moy_X7

yeah i didn't expect you to make it immediately. i'm just posting combos for reference/possible combo theory

on that note (jbbs is going crazy with combos rn lol)

※Missile, Bat

2B > 5C > 3C > 236A~A > 5C > j.C > 6C > 22C > 5C > 6A > 236B is 3300 + oki

2B > 5C > 3C > 236A~A > 5C > 6A > 6C > 22C > 5C > j.B > j.C > j.C > j.D is also about 3300, also with oki. seems like hammer loop is still not possible

also, interesting crush trigger + bat combo

5B > 5C > 3C > 236A~B > 236B > CT > 5C > j.B > j.C > j.B > j.C > 5D > land 236A~A is 4076

Edited by Cirno

I wonder if she can loop Ground Persia's. That'd be hilarious.

Like, what if she could do: 5C > 236A~A > 5C > 236A~A > 5C > 236A~A just for lulz?

I really like the look of her new combos, less 22C stuff not only means we can do our combos more consistently online and against every character, but it's also a nice change of pace.

Hopefully we'll see some of these guys from the jbbs show up in match videos soon. :3

So BBCP Platinum is all about Air Persia combos now? I'm liking the sound of this a lot more than 22C combos lol. Does Air Persia still have FC properties?

I wonder if she can loop Ground Persia's. That'd be hilarious.

Like, what if she could do: 5C > 236A~A > 5C > 236A~A > 5C > 236A~A just for lulz?

If 236A has as much start-up as the current version, then that won't be possible. Currently, you have to do 6A > JC > j.236A or 3C > 236A for that to work. So maybe something like 5C > 6A > JC > j.236A for about two reps at most lol.

I really like the look of her new combos, less 22C stuff not only means we can do our combos more consistently online and against every character, but it's also a nice change of pace.

I was skeptical at first because I didn't think that 236A would have such combo potential but from what I've seen, there's hope.

The double/tripe 22C stuff can really only be done in 3-bar connection against neighboring states. From coast to coast, you usually have to settle with a single 22C.

I don't really mind losing the 22C stuff because you could really only use multiple 22C combos from 90+ P1 starters or off RCs. Easier is always better lol.

So BBCP Platinum is all about Air Persia combos now? I'm liking the sound of this a lot more than 22C combos lol. Does Air Persia still have FC properties?

Looks like it, I'm pretty hyped about being able to hit-confirm a 5B poke with 3C > 236A~A > stuff.

I don't know if Persia desu ~ has FC properties but if you use it outside of an OTG/juggle, the final hit of 236A staggers. I might just use that thing as a cross-up now due to that lol.

The double/tripe 22C stuff can really only be done in 3-bar connection against neighboring states. From coast to coast, you usually have to settle with a single 22C.

it's really just adaptability, lol.

ps my new cmv has the secret tech