Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toasty

[CP] Amane Nishiki Gameplay Discussion

Yuuichi Nakamura would be a better VA for Amane than Hazama. You already know im right.

He could nail it.

gonna be the best amane

you guys don't even know

But... don't you have Nu again? I thought you'd be hype for that character more than Amane.

I just updated quite a bit on the OP. Mostly adding more detail to things already on there, but some new as well.

I am just so hyped for this character!

Finally a sexy character that fits my style <3

Can't wait till we get some videos next week!

Yuuichi Nakamura would be a better VA for Amane than Hazama. You already know im right.

He could nail it.

You missed a good opportunity for a pun like 'He'd have it all wrapped up' or 'They wouldn't have to drill the role into him' or 'They shouldn't have chained him down' or 'Him doing Amane would quickly spiral out of control'.

Even though I personally think he SUITS Hazama better.

But... don't you have Nu again? I thought you'd be hype for that character more than Amane.

You forget that Sev is Amane IRL.

I need another gender confused person to fall in love with. Amane is going to be my new sub. Insta main if Amane gets a Chrona (Soul Eater) color pallete. Doesn't Amane have a moonsault (Yosuke P4A aerial backflip into attack)? Also, I'm digging the Hsien-Ko super.

Yeah he does. His Zettou (214 & 236 a/b) or "fabhop" haha. He does a forward or backwards hop of varying distances depending if you press a or b. It is kinda like moonsault now that I think of it except it can be done off the ground too without a tk. Unless moonsault can be done like that too. I never really messed with Yosuke.

Thank you Solar! This is getting me really hype. Can't wait for more videos. By the way, did anyone translate the Amane combos in the Bururaji Radio Clip?

This one

1. 5B > 3C xx 236C

2. Anti-Air 5C > 6C > 2C > 3C xx 236C

3. Anti-Air 6A > jc > j.B > j.4C > j.6C xx j.236C > 3C

4. 2A > 5B > 5[D] xx 632146C

1. 5B > 2B (3C?) xx 236C

2. Anti-Air 5C > 6C > 2C > 2B (3C?) xx 236C

3. Anti-Air 6A > jc > j.B > j.4C > j.6C xx j.236C

4. 2A > 5B > 5[D] xx 632146C

Not sure if the low hitting move used in the combos is 2B or 3C, but based on what we know it's probably 2B.

I thought j.236C>2B. Does j.236C have a ground ender? Thanks Krusiv, I've really wanted to know those inputs.

The notes I've written down say that j.236C travels diagonally downward in the air then travels the rest of the distance on the ground (if it were to land early, I guess?), but for all we know it could be 2B. We'll need more footage to determine what all of his moves look like lol. Thankfully the arcade version is coming out in less than a week!

I actually think that might be 3C not 2B. Unless his 2B is a full on sweep move seeing as Bang was knocked down by the move.

I'd be okay if a 2B had knockdown. :kitty:

So.....I finished with the discussion translations, but I'm a little apprehensive about posting, since I'm not sure it will be that helpful due to content. One of the participants ends up raging pretty badly in the end (and the swearing is his/her language, not mine >_<). I guess I'll drop it here and let you all be the judge >w>

The section is from http://yrrsn.hotcom-web.com/wordpress/?p=324 and immediately follows the move explanation section SoWL and I did a while back. There's 3 participants in the discussion, and I've used different section dividers to represent each of them. (-, =, and +).

---------------

That's about it for move properties. From here, we'll switch to discussion-style. Next up is combos and tachimawari.

===============

This is stuff we've adapted from threads from the Magical Beat BBS, but since we're the admins and thread owners it's not a problem♪

---------------

That was a smooth coming out.

First of all, keep in mind that rather than comboing, Amane is more a character that wins with Hariken chip damage.

Mid screen, if the spiral gauge is not broken, it's best to do:

Off 2B low starter: 2B>5B>3C>Hariken A oki

Mid range, off ground 5B hit: 5B>3C>Hariken A oki

If OD is available, ~3C>OD>Hariken A also okis as well.

As an aside, using OD in the beginning of the round gives it time to recover during the match, and lets you burst in the same round.

Doing so increases your options, and is quite beneficial.

===============

Hm...if you successfully stack Hariken you can mixup with Zettou/low air dash, but if they barrier guard it doesn't do any chip...

With the knot being the only hitbox on C normals they aren't useful here, but there's B normal>D normal cancels and Raibu too.

Are these other options no good?

++++++++++++++++

To begin with, ~3C>Raibu damage doesn't even reach 2000, and there's no way to follow up after it midscreen.

Not to mention the spiral gauge decreases with time, so not being able to build it is against your interests.

As for the B normals>5D, if you don't hold 5D all you can cancel into is Zettou, making it situationally the same as ~3C>Hariken oki.

Holding it allows you to cancel into Raibu, but Raibu from 5D hold doesn't combo and can be blocked.

If you try to stack Hariken from a held D, the opponent recovers from hitstun before the Hariken comes out, and can dodge it completely by jumping.

As for building spiral gauge, the gauge goes up even if you use D hold moves during Hariken.

And Hariken itself doesn't use any spiral gauge, so it's fine doing D hold moves if you wish after doing ~3C>Hariken A stack first.

Although even a backstep 6D doesn't stack after forcing them to block a Level 1 Hariken A...(not really sure what this means)

Even if you go into a DD, neither Seijuu nor Goukai do that much and only boost damage to maybe the high 2000's, so it's really better to just stack Hariken and build spiral gauge.

Although skipping 3C from B and going straight into 5D hold, Zettou, and aiming for another D hold might be good too.

===============

Can't you use Raibu if you're in the corner? ~Raibu>5A>6A>Gekiren>5B~ connects. Incidentally, after Gekiren 2B doesn't work as pickup.

---------------

Gekiren...isn't it easy to get 3C or Raibu instead for some reason?

I don't ever fail my 623 commands on other characters, but I get the wrong move more often than I get Gekiren itself.

It was bad enough that in the beginning I thought it only came out if you held it...

+++++++++++++++

Maybe you didn't know because you've been using characters like Arakune and Murakumos who don't really have a 623 command, but in the BB series it's always been the case that your inputs get eaten if you do them too early. Didn't you rage about something similar for Arakune's low airdash 4-attack?

---------------

There's a lot I want to say about Arakune's low airdash input, but...we're not doing a review this time so I'll hold it in...

Hm...is that really the reason? ....I won't accept it!

===============

Anyways, Gekiren is neither a hold nor search move. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

===============

Next up are C-attack long range combos.

C attacks are all 2 hit moves, and won't combo unless you wait for both hits to connect.

On the ground,

2C>5C>5D hold

5C>5D hold

are about it...

Nothing connects even if you cancel into Zettou.

I couldn't finish checking for in the air, but as of now j5C>j6C>(j4C)>j6D is fairly stable....since C normals can't be jump canceled, and you can't follow up after a Gosei ender.

Doing 214 Zettou>C normals from 6A/2D hold for your aerials works, but the combo is very strict, making it impractical.

===============

For combos from ground throw, throw>Gekiren works regardless of throw direction and does 2620. In the corner, this can be followed up with 5B pickup for more damage, and is pretty stable.

Air throw causes the opponent to bounce off the wall and come back, but I wasn't able to combo after with B or D normals. 6A was hte only thing that worked.

---------------

Um....you know....

Frankly speaking, isn't this character weak?

===============

T-that can't be....it's even still in the testing phase.

---------------

Even before getting into combos, there's no returns for getting in, no way to stay constantly on the offensive, and the spiral gauge keeps dropping!

And the aformentioned ~3C>Hariken A doesn't even always stack properly depending on the distance you land your hit at!!

To begin with, Hariken and 6D and 5B and 5D all start up too slow!

No attacks go properly into Hariken/6D stack, and if you hold up instantly after seeing the startup motion you can unconditionally dodge everything with jump!

5B loses in the hitbox game too, so it's useless for ground footsies!

Furthermore, C normals have a narrow hitbox and only connect into the 5D/j6D drives, making you unable to both build spiral gauge or do damage, despite having long recovery times! And yet, why doesn't 5C>2C combo!?

===============

A good playstyle revolving around Zettou-mixed offense or something might still turn up you know?

And it's not like we've quite figured out air-to-air combos either...

j4C was pretty strong as air-to-ground.

---------------

There won't be anything like that!

Can't you tell when something has no potential!?

Having tried various things yourself, shouldn't you know that the current Amane is a shitty-balanced, shitty trap side-character!? (pardon the language, it's not mine >_<)

To begin with, as of the end of yesterday there had only been 13 people in the whole country who have used this shitty trap for over 10 matches, so the people who are saying irresponsible things like "There might be new tech" are nothing more then maggots waiting to be fed information without going to the loctest themselves!

No...maybe I'm really the stupid one here for sinking money into BB, despite knowing that it was always just a novel game with extras.

Give me back my 2700 yen!

My curse of usually picking up low tiers has followed me all the way to Amane apparently. :vbang:

Oh well, I don't give a fuck. I'm riding this one out. Who knows he might actually have some undiscovered tech that will make him good lol. WAY too early to judge.

I'm almost positive the move in question from that radio clip is 3C. It both knocks the opponent down and moves Amane slightly forward.

Hakimiru, thank you so much translating it all. It's interesting to note that one person at the end wrote that Amane sucks and etc., but that won't stop some people from playing him. I'm going to ignore that guy and still go for sub. It's still too early to throw away a character. I laughed at the dialogue that sounded straight out of a NPC character, mainly "Um....you know....

Frankly speaking, isn't this character weak?T-that can't be....it's even still in the testing phase". Hilarious. Thanks again.

Oh, and yeah Toasty, when I saw the range of that move again, I knew it couldn't be a B move, but I didn't want to double-post.Thanks for checking it. :)

Personally, while ranter in the translated conversation does raise some legitimate points, I feel that it's way to early to tell how good or bad Amane (or anyone else for that matter) will be. It'll be a good month at least before we even get a vague idea of what the tier list will partially look like.

I know there's quite a lot of butthurt in that bottom part of the translation, but I have to completely disagree with them so readily discarding the whole "there might be new tech" point. For all we know, Amane's playstyle will end up completely different from what we expect it to be. It would be like complaining about Ragna having bad zoning so therefore declaring his uselessness.

The best example I can think of is how Hazama was considered really weak early on in CS1, but then he quickly developed into one of the most powerful characters in the game.

Personally, while ranter in the translated conversation does raise some legitimate points, I feel that it's way to early to tell how good or bad Amane (or anyone else for that matter) will be. It'll be a good month at least before we even get a vague idea of what the tier list will partially look like.

No matter how things end up, the worst characters in the game are going to be pretty playable.

So, I wouldn't worry about it. 'less you really want to tierwhore, and if you did you probably wouldn't be posting here. :)

With the way Amane's tools and playstyle looks I wouldn't expect people to get things off the bat with him anyway. Anyone remember when people called CT Carl trash?