Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toasty

[CP] Amane Nishiki Gameplay Discussion

I like how the post both includes 'does anyone else have trouble getting a dp' and 'I think this character's bad'. Solid conclusions, obviously. :P

Low Tier means all the more salt it is when you earn a victory. I get a warm,fuzzy feeling using a misunderstood lesser used character, anyway.If Amane only has a few combo setups, then fine, I'll take it that way. I don't mind if Amane doesn't dominate the tiers. What matters is HIS BEST ASTRAL EVER that I'm comfortable using him, and his gameplay is decent. You don't have to ask for much in order to win. You take what you got and you win with that. And down below, yes, he is considered the most complex (not counting Izayoi).

I got the greatest and most hilarious feeling of deja-vu from those comments.

Although even a backstep 6D doesn't stack after forcing them to block a Level 1 Hariken A...(not really sure what this means)

I suppose they mean that you can't stack Spiral from two moves at once?

Amane is gonna be the best character in the game.

!!!!!

I'm pretty hype for this character, just simply based on his play-style. He seems to have a lot of control over neutral, and he just looks like he gives no fucks. lol

:psyduck: It's hard for me to really envision what the gameplayers are talking about, because I can't remember the moves by memory yet. The Bullet and Azrael have clickable pics along with the moves, I wonder if we could do that here? I would try, but I might not be accurate on which move corresponds to which. Also, the best tool I can use to capture is vcap. :gonk:

For combos from ground throw, throw>Gekiren works regardless of throw direction and does 2620. In the corner, this can be followed up with 5B pickup for more damage, and is pretty stable

I like this. This makes me very happy.

:psyduck: It's hard for me to really envision what the gameplayers are talking about, because I can't remember the moves by memory yet. The Bullet and Azrael have clickable pics along with the moves, I wonder if we could do that here? I would try, but I might not be accurate on which move corresponds to which. Also, the best tool I can use to capture is vcap. :gonk:

You also don't have as much footage as Azrael or Bullet, so some moves might actually be missing. On the other hand, Amane doesn't have as many moves as either of them, so it should be fine. I'd do it, but I'm pretty much burned out for today, so the best I can do is fix some notation mistakes.

And don't worry about your tools, I got my screenshots with Print Screen and Photoshop. Beggars can't be choosers.

You can also take some screencaps from the debut trailer. It's even in HD, which is quite pleasing to the eye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_O9VIUmmiQ

And would adding the images of various characters affected by Amane's AH to the OP be appropriate?

A good amount of those screenshots are WAY too blurry to tell whats going on. I guess we could have them put up for now, but I think waiting for clearer footage to take shots from would be a much better idea.

Honestly, I wouldn't be too worried about how good or bad Amane "COULD" be, his playstyle is appealing to me and so I'll be putting in some time due to that. You can't really judge a character's strength from the words of an individual especially since it's only been Loc-Tests plays and not plays of the official build of the game, along with that, it takes time to develop tech. I'll take the guy's word as a heads up prior to playing the character but we'll see people doing it big in Japan with Amane about one month after it's released.

You forget that Sev is Amane IRL.

True...

Yeah, sorry, I could only do the best I could do. :(

No worries man, the lack of Amane footage didn't exactly give you much to work with.

It won't be too much longer until we get recorded footage on something other than a shakycam anyway, so then they'd be useful in a data thread or wiki. Some of the pics just don't show the move very well because of the angle it was recorded/the low quality of the vid. D:

EDIT: I just looked at the ones in the other threads and they have the same problem of being barely visible, even with their characters being used much more. I can't even tell what some of these are, but I guess that's expected of loketest footage.

Toasty I think you picked a fabulous character. I should have known... when are we gonna compile the pics of his astral? I know what Bullet's is but I haven't seen a pic of what she looks like with his astral.

All the astral pics (at least the ones I've seen) are at a pretty decent quality at the least, so I'd definitely add a compilation of those. I don't have links to all of the images I've seen readily available, but I'll gather them up later tonight and add them to the OP.

And some of those descriptions are from what people at loketests have said, so we didn't necessarily get any images with them.

EDIT: I'm blind. Thanks Install!

No problem, glad I could help.

By the way, can Tager sledge our C moves (or anything)?

And I'm really curious to see how functional Gekiran is. It looks like we'd have to be lucky connectiong it, but it's hard to fully imagine its comboing ability. I hope it has FC properties.

By a raw guess maybe we could 623C > 2C >5B > 236C or 632146C. Not sure if 5B could reach that long.

And we can't IAD after 6D with level 3 right? That seems like the only logical thing we could do with that move.

Yeah honestly I don't know how much it's even needed. Once the sprites eventually come out this kind of thing will be on the wiki anyways.

Well it's still better than sitting and fiddling with our thumbs, waiting for the arcade release.

I'd still rather have as many screenshots from the official trailers as possible, as they are of much better quality. I'll probably take them and post a bit later.

EDIT: It's not much, but here are the moves shown in the trailer:

5B

5C

5D

Zettou (214A)

Seijuu (632146C)

Goukai (632146D)

Bonus - the Spiral gauge

Thanks SOWL. Sorry you had to clean up my project. I was rushing yesterday, so I could only do what I could.

I love Amane's pose in his Goukai (still calling it the Hsien Ko super). It reminds me of Carl's pose in Cantata.

Comparetively, isn't Amane's 6B overhead really fast? But it's really punishable on block: I expect to eat a few Atomic Colliders if I don't connect.

Also, can't you Hariken cancel to get level 3? I thought it built cloth meter. (Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but I have a mind block)

Hariken does charge the meter, but we're not sure about how fast it does that.

Haha wow this neutral looks amazing, especially since his enders reset it. This dude is going to piss me off