Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zeth07

[CP] Azrael - Gameplay Discussion (Pre-Console Release)

The more i see of him the more i like this character, he reminds me of Raoh from HNK with all the rated M for manly and his HNK dash >:3

He's going to be good, no doubt.

> Acquire Weakpoints

> Deal Damage

> Acquire Another Weakpoint

> Take the round for free with some ridiculous combo

> Give not a single fuck

Here are pictures of most of Azrael's moves from the HD videos jourdal uploaded: http://imgur.com/a/IyGhu

Some moves weren't used, like Hornet Bunker. To compensate for that I was generous enough to upload 2 pictures of Scud Punishment.

Thanks, I'll change them out in the 1st post when I get a chance. Just fyi, 2B and 2A are switched.

THAT THEME

I wan't to just get my own Growler Field and run through the city blowing shit up and kick looping bitches

I don't know if people are looking at the combo thread or if this was brought up or not so I'll mention it.

If you manage to land Scud Punishment and have your Overdrive still, they are put into a pretty vicious mixup.

SCP>OD>Opponent Techs,

>>>Cross through 5B

>>>Cross through Throw

>>>Valiant

>>>Hornet

>>>close 5D

>>>5B / Throw

Realizing that SCP adds both weakpoints, and then OD makes it so the weakpoints do not disappear while it is active. So if you touch them they are going to get blown up.

EDIT: All the information so far has been added to the 1st post of the combo thread, I made a separate section for this scenario with what was given.

You do the Overdrive after SCP finishes, not cancelled into, right? I wonder if you could time it so the OD superfreeze pauses during the window your opponent has to choose between emergency teching and delayed/rolling, so you can have enough time to see what they're up to and act accordingly. I wonder if it could be used as a reversal or something. I have no idea what I'm talking about, I think I'm just spouting nonsense here...

Nah i get you. Its a lot like FRKZ, You have time to see what they're doing and blow them up for it.

Amane looks like he is going to have some trouble with Azrael. One weakpoint and WE IN THERE.

Wow I had no idea that his OD stopped weak points from disappearing. I wonder what kind of hell we can bring with something like that. Are you sure that you can't cancel into it mid-combo?

Loving Azrael. Had no interest in him when he was announced, but now always look forward to the videos. I love his damage. 1 mistake and half your health could be gone. I like that kinda stuff. :)

Wow I had no idea that his OD stopped weak points from disappearing. I wonder what kind of hell we can bring with something like that. Are you sure that you can't cancel into it mid-combo?

Anything that is special cancellable you should be able to cancel into OD. And there are already combos posted with that in mind.

Are any of the others references, besides Johnny and Kamina?

#14 is Bullet. #15 is someone from Persona games, maybe Cú Chulainn. But I honestly don't follow the Persona games enough to know, that's just my guess from what I've seen.

I know a lot of people who will play Azrael for that Kamina color palette. Shoutouts to ArcSys for having 2 character references for Kamina (the other being Bang).

I know a lot of people who will play Azrael for that Kamina color palette. Shoutouts to ArcSys for having 2 character references for Kamina (the other being Bang).

You know me so well, I know I'm probably jumping on a bandwagon, but I don't really give a shit.

I'll be rocking number 6, maybe the Bullet one every now and then. Johnny one isn't bad either, but he's just not the same without the tattoos.

#14 is Bullet. #15 is someone from Persona games, maybe Cú Chulainn. But I honestly don't follow the Persona games enough to know, that's just my guess from what I've seen.

I think Azrael's Persona reference is Takaya Sakaki from Persona 3.

EDIT: Yeah it most definitely is looking at them side by side.

I was hoping that Kanji would be his Persona reference, just because of the jacket. Obviously we'll all become a part of team Dai-Gurren. Who wouldn't want to be their badass leader every now and then?

I was hoping that Kanji would be his Persona reference, just because of the jacket. Obviously we'll all become a part of team Dai-Gurren. Who wouldn't want to be their badass leader every now and then?

To be fair his Johnny reference is almost a Kanji reference in itself. All black with blonde hair. I don't think there's anything they could do to make a "Kanji" reference other then give him a shirt which defeats the purpose of his character design.