Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zeth07

[CP] Azrael - Gameplay Discussion (Pre-Console Release)

I've been on and off on BB since CT came out, I'm originally a GG player and probably always will be. The game never really took off around here, though I used to play with Zoogstin a fair bit when he still lived around here. I think it pretty much died in NC during CS2 era.I don't remember ever saying I was interested in Bullet, she seems like my style of play, but she also looks pretty boring. Current plans are main Ragna and maybe Azrael will be my secondary character. He just looks too fun to play.

I've been a dustloop lurker since 2006/7, so I know more than you think about the dustloop scene :3 But yea cs2 died in a lot of places. And I noticed one of your posts in the hype thread with regards to bullet, which is where my statement comes from. GG is too awesome NOT to play, there's something about it... Glad to see Azrael is garnering a lot of interests with players.

This reminds me, Azrael's (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (2c?) counts at least as a projectile hybrid, has anyone seen it clash with other projectiles?

It's worth noting that in the recent match between esp and chibaken, that your slab is considered semi projectile at least. Since hakumen was able to cut it and create a fumajin seal out of it.

Normal Moves

• 2C – Azrael raises a slab of stone from the ground, can be followed up by 5B. Counts as a projectile. Has repeat proration.

I've actually looked at the first post multiple times, usually before posting my question. But I'm weird and informative like that :)

But yes Azrael character overview will be necessary.

Just saying.

And by "character overview", I more or less mean the 1st post as it is since pretty much everything has been covered outside of pressure strings and I guess a basic gameplan. But most of his moves go into links it seems so it is kinda hard to call them that anyway and the links are already posted as well. So there isn't exactly much more that's necessary to add.

Not sure if anyone cares or not, but I've been compiling various notes/observations/theories for Azrael since release. I've got stuff on pretty much all his attacks, situations they're used, how to follow them up and confirmed combos and theory combos using branching combo routes. Theres also some things that I know have already been brought up like BHS stuff and how Scud works. Its about 8-10 Pages in total and I'd like to hope would spark some good discussions. I haven't been around DL very much recently cause of school so I'm not sure whats been brought up but if enough people want it, I could post the list of stuff here.

Agreed. At the moment, information is valuable, even if it's just enough to form theories. There is too much about him that we don't know yet so anything is useful.

Azrael has the highest average damage output in CP by far. Thats the biggest thing I've gathered so far. If you have a weakpoint and he hits you, god damn I hope you prepared your anus, some of the numbers I've seen him pull out already have been shocking.

Whilst his damage is "Good" without weak points, I can see more or less every Azrael player gunning to keep those tags on the opponent, it just opens up so many new routes and damage options it's obscene. UW and LW ar something to be feared judging by how quickly and easily they can be applied, I'm predicting "Easy" Punishes that more or less kill your opponent outright from a strong starter and meter, maybe without.

His combos look incredibly dependant on range. I've lost count on how many times I've seen combos drop because they've been foo far away, Though it can be rectified by TCL'ing sooner rather than later, salvage back the damage (And Some) with an RC after TCL.

Gustaf Buster looks pretty safe on block, and leads to roughly 4K on a CH with 50 Heat, maybe 2.5K - 3K without an RC, depending on your range. It seems like a strong tool in neutral so far, and judging by it's range I can see myself using it as a ghetto punish often, shaping up to be a very good move. Insane CH Untech time. (Not as long as Haku 6A CH, Take a second off or something)

BHS is looking to be strong as hell. Good punish, Can be made unblockable, insanely fast, long range. Not much else to say. We will need to delve into the lab to confirm some Unblockables, though. 5BB / 5C into BHS seem to be the most popular, unsure if they are + frames before BHS Startup finishes though.

Divekick looks pretty ass comapred to what we wanted it to be. Looks like a combo filler and possibly a weird, ambiguous...Thing? Seems pretty weak outside of combos, I've seen no combos off it yet.

3C > 22C = 2 STRONK. Good numbers from a low confirm. 3C > 22C > 5B > Air Combo into Weakpoint. Very solid. Glad to see universal combos from a low like this. Also goes into SCP etc.

SCP = Possibility for serious setups. I have no theories yet. Just a feeling, this move will become important besides dousing them in weakpoints.

~ More Later.

There is an entire section in the combo thread for after you land SCP. It mentions using OD for doing the mixups/setup after they tech, but I don't think it is required for the actual combos since the weakpoints shouldn't disappear during SCP anyway.

So at least there's that.

So does Az#s OD make it so any weakpoints applied do not go away while OD is active? If that is the case, how long can you keep both weakpoints on if you do SCP and OD just before scud wears off and you are at pretty low health? Seems like you could end a round before that would wear off.

How are weak points supposed to work again. You get hit by a move and you can't block that way?

You apply a low/high weak point with a Drive attack. Certain Drive attacks gain new properties that help out in combos (stagger, wall bounce, ground bounce, etc) depending on the weak point (high/low) that has been applied before using said moves. His Black Hawk Stinger becomes fully unblockable if you apply both weaknesses. Read the first post for more info on that.

Zeth, you should really consider adding a "(PLEASE READ THE FIRST OPENING MESSAGE BEFORE YOU POST)" message to the thread title lol.

So does Az#s OD make it so any weakpoints applied do not go away while OD is active? If that is the case, how long can you keep both weakpoints on if you do SCP and OD just before scud wears off and you are at pretty low health? Seems like you could end a round before that would wear off.

Scud by itself seems to last 20 in-game seconds. How long OD will last as well I guess would depend on just how much health you had. Really low health and not cancelled maybe OD lasts 15 seconds or something I think I've heard?

My understanding of SCP and OD seems like they both function the same in terms of both making it so weakpoints don't get removed if you use them, while OD has the benefit of adding the weakpoints even on block. Of course if you do OD after SCP while it is still in effect you don't exactly need that benefit of getting weakpoints on block, so I guess the only different benefit would be extra damage or maybe additional length of time of the weakpoints not disappearing. Unless I'm mistaken of how OD affects the moves as well.

I guess you could look at it as landing SCP would actually save you from using your OD and instead saving it to use as a burst instead. But the above scenario might also work.

How are weak points supposed to work again. You get hit by a move and you can't block that way?

You can still block. The weak points more or less just enable him to extend his combos. If you have BOTH weakpoints he can greatly extend his combos. And of course the weakpoints make BHS unblockable high with high weakpoint, low with low weakpoint, and completely ground unblockable with both.

Zeth, you should really consider adding a "(PLEASE READ THE FIRST OPENING MESSAGE BEFORE YOU POST)" message to the thread title lol.

Lol i'm telling ya it's getting to that point. I should probably do what I said I was gonna do I guess.

I'll go ahead and post a little bit of information for you guys.

A short list of things that 6A can beat:

Ragna:

5B O

5C O

2B X

2C X

6C X

5D(2nd hit) O

JB X

JC X

Hells fang O

Tsuika O

Gauntlet Hades X

Additonal attack X

Blood scythe X

Inferno Divider O

Carnage scissors O

Jin:

5B O

5C O

5D X?

2B X

2C O

3C X

6B X

JB X

JC X

2D X

6D X

ice sword X

Dp O

Tager:

2D O

6C O

Taokaka:

Hexa edge O

Platinum:

bat O

spinny super O

Amane:

drills O (probably 5D/2D)

Azrael Proration Data:

Character combo rate: 90%

Damage/P1/P2

5A 300/100/85

5B 500/100/89

5BB 500?/100/89

5C 800/100/89

2A 300/85/85

2B 580/100/89

2C 800/80/82

6A 820/90/92

6B 860/80/82

6C 900/80/92

3C 860/80/92

JA 300/90/85

JB 600/90/89

JC 760/90/89

J2C

Gustav 800/80/89

Tiger 600/100/89

Cobra 450/100.89

Leopard 1250 100/92

(623C) 1000/?/?

(22C) 600/?/79

Drive:

Hitting a weakpoint increases the base damage a move does.(brackets)

5D 800 (1200)/85/92

2D 680 (900)/82/92

6D 1000 (1500)/85/92

3D 1000 (1500)/95/92

JD 680 (900)/90/89

J2D 680 (900)/90/89

Valiant 900 (1200)/85/82

Hornet 900 (1200)/95/82

BHS 3000/?/? 40% minimum dmg

Misc:

*Health is 12K.

Azrael can take 24 2B's from ragna (500 dmg each) and

12 dead spikes(1k each).

*2A,5BB,6C,Sentinel Dump(623C version only?) and Gustav buster are all + on block.

Gustav buster is estimated to be +1.

Sentinel dump is said to be around +12.

*3C>rc>j.A is said to be a nigh invisible overhead.The reward for a j.A starter is low.

*The wiki says that the invincibility of his counter assault expires shortly before it goes active.

*His forward dash can be jump cancel canceled into any of his ground based specials.(and crush trigger apparently.)

The notation for his rekka in this case is 662369C or 662147C.

Video evidence is there somewhere.

*6B can supposedly be dash canceled during the part where he spins around after the uppercut.

*Phalanx cannon x 3 works.Does about 2.6k damage.

Tacking on a BHS at the end seems possible.The guy isn't sure whether it was a red beat or not.

In any case it ended up doing around 4k.

The bullets penetrate all the shit that is flying around during rachel's tempest dahlia.

Character combo rate: 90%

What the hell.

Wow when I was estimating his health from videos it looked more like 11000. Guy sure is beefy at 12k o.o