Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zeth07

[CP] Azrael - Gameplay Discussion (Pre-Console Release)

Finally, we're getting somewhere, haha.

Does anyone else feel like Azrael has a pretty nice air grab? Nothing like Jin's, but it definitely seems to have decent range.

Man, I need to play this character now. There's just too much stuff I want to try out. Starters that get good damage without weak point, if you have a wp to start should you use it for a little extra damage, or apply the other one? I'm so curious how you can use his options. Risk losing some damage now for scarier options and better damage later? What kind of swag can you do with both weakpoints?

There's just so much stuff going on in my head that I want to try out.

EDIT: I hope I don't sound like an idiot or something. Those were pretty much just rhetorical questions or just things I want to explore fully. Even if the answers should be pretty much "duh", I want to try out everything the moment I get my hands on this character. Talking / Posting to myself helps me think.

Nah, I do it to. I just post for the sake of posting sometimes as if Dustloop is my own personal notepad haha.

I get you. I just need this game, Azrael is the absolute king.

he's defintiely more of an intricate character than we were all initially led to believe.

His WP's in tandem with his immense damage output and various defensive options, make him very interesting. Though if sentinel dump (worst attack name for him imo), is +12 why isn't it used more? Or is that also just chalked up with "lol it's 3 weeks in, relax bro"?

Sentinel Dump +13? Nigga' are you pulling my Ouroborous?

I've not seen a use for Hornet Bunker either, The move looks pretty obsolete for punishes when compared some something like Glorious Valiant Charger. And it's pretty obvious that Patriot Apocalypse is his greatest move. Folowed by Leopard Launcher.

I imagine SentDump is probably used to stagger and reset a blockstring. Jin's 6D is pretty slow, but it's like +64 or some ridiculous shit like that, and I still see people block it.

As for Hornet Bunker it might be crazy anti-air for all we know (I mean, it does have super-armor like valiant). It looks very similar to 2C, probably with slower start-up. You just never see it because Azrael's never bother applying lower weakness, etc etc see my last post about this.

Even if lower weakpoints weren't practical, I want to be the guy that uses them. Who cares about doing what's considered "best", I want to swag all over people.

It's important to use lower WP's too because few people know what they do and it obviously opens more mixup options especially if you manage to get the upper WP's too

I get why they use the overheads, they have huge reach and they're plus on block, but 2D and 3D are faster. Plus 3D is one of the most ambiguous lows I've seen in BB. But people are getting conditioned to block overheads when playing against him, so using lows could be much more powerful to people who know a lot about Azrael.

Even if lower weakpoints weren't practical, I want to be the guy that uses them. Who cares about doing what's considered "best", I want to swag all over people.

Then wouldn't you be doing Valiant combos instead anyway?

As for why you don't see them typically go for lower weakpoints and instead almost always use upper weakpoints, the answer is probably the same. Valiant combos. You get almost a fullscreen corner carry and tons of damage off it. If you had to choose you should probably pick Valiant over Hornet, which is why you see them always do j.D enders instead of j.2D.

You could always purposely try and get BOTH weakpoints so you can do massive damage and go for the unblockable so it isn't like anyone should completely ignore the lower weakpoints entirely.

So if you end your air combo with j.D, you get the upper weakpoint. Then in your next combo if you can't go into a Valiant combo for whatever reason, you would probably go into j.D, which means you use up the upper weakpoint and extend that combo then probably end with another j.D to get that upper weakpoint again. Otherwise if you end your first combo with j.D for upper weakpoint, if for whatever reason you can't do a Valiant combo for the 2nd, you could probably choose to end with j.2D to apply both. After that your 3rd combo should do tons of meterless damage with both weakpoints applied, but you'd have to be quick because the upper one would be wearing off.

The other thing I see them do is end with j.D, then try and do 3D or 2D to "punish" the opponent for not neutral teching immediately, then you now have both weakpoints applied already for the next combo.

So much shit I want to try out with Azrael. Strongest of the 3 new characters IMO. *THEEEORRRYYYYY*

I think this is OP worthy. And make sure your listening to his theme while you read this.

http://gyazo.com/dac9ab767d479b2704941174fd935ffb.png?1356176334

http://gyazo.com/230f51ee3849befe25bedcd37e963a45.png?1356176358

*Someone* will be maining him on console release day 1 lol.

I think this is OP worthy. And make sure your listening to his theme while you read this.

http://gyazo.com/dac9ab767d479b2704941174fd935ffb.png?1356176334

http://gyazo.com/230f51ee3849befe25bedcd37e963a45.png?1356176358

Not enough PATRIOT APOCALYPSE here.

That.. sounds fraudulent

I admit I had to google what that word meant lol

It is not fail proof nor spammable as far I know. There are still a lot of attacks it doesn't beats as well, so it's rather high risk if you ask me.

@zeakikung Body INV it is then? Alright then, thanks.

Slayer 6P doesn't beat a lot of attacks but that move is still fucking broken, and Azrael's 6A has a conspicuously similar animation + properties. It can definitely be used as an anti-air, just situationally.