Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zeth07

[CP] Azrael - Gameplay Discussion (Pre-Console Release)

Mu is very chuuni, more than Azreal :p

The silliness... it never stops...

To be fair, the entire cast of BB is chuuni as fuck outside of like, Taokaka. Azrael's pretty goddamn chuuni though just because of his:

- wearing jacket on his shoulders

- has 'limiters'

- moves named in engrish

- "特別に見せてやろ。。。これが「力」だ!!"

Though all of these things could easily be swapped for why he's so gay.

The silliness... it never stops...

To be fair, the entire cast of BB is chuuni as fuck outside of like, Taokaka. Azrael's pretty goddamn chuuni though just because of his:

- wearing jacket on his shoulders

- has 'limiters'

- moves named in engrish

- "特別に見せてやろ。。。これが「力」だ!!"

Though all of these things could easily be swapped for why he's so gay.

I don't think that is enough to beat Mu.

We have Noel who *turns into a godslaying sword*(she actually has an alter ego with some nice cosplay to boot) and who claims to have the power to destroy the world (in extend), and also says things like "this is the power of the god slayer" (in CP) plus all of her moves are named after things from the japanese mythology

What really? I don't think it's possible to be 'far more autopilot' than she already is?
Mu has never been Autopilot. People just never learned to stop walking into CH's.

Mu definitely has a lot of auto-pilot potential. Characters with such solid neutral game tend to be that way, especially when they're easy as a mario game.

Is it strange to see footage of a character that you've never played and think, "I could do better"? Whenever I see anyone combo with Azrael, I can't help it.

3man5u

go home f4g

It's perfectly normal, just know that you are wrong and you should feel wrong.

I'm going to ask both of you (EDIT: and anyone else) to end this conversation because this is not the thread for that kind of discussion.

Mu definitely has a lot of auto-pilot potential. Characters with such solid neutral game tend to be that way, especially when they're easy as a mario game.

Is it strange to see footage of a character that you've never played and think, "I could do better"? Whenever I see anyone combo with Azrael, I can't help it.

I think Mato has been using better combos than most Azrael's even if he isn't that high ranked. I know what you mean though, I have so much shit in my head I want to test for Amane I'm going nuts.

hes getting alot of potential unlocked.

i honestly hope is damage is very high in CP.

itll be nice to do high damage without the need for meter to do it with.

he seems very link heavy as well which i enjoy.

hes coming around nicely.

Also cant find the post that asks if azreals 214b absords hakumens agito.

it doesnt. he got CH'd out of it and lost vs hakumen.

I must've been mistaken about it absorbing Noel's D moves at some point as I went back and watched recent ones to look and all the Azraels were getting bodied and it never happened in those at least.

But I also remember seeing one of Rachel's attacks get absorbed and actually found the example of that:

http://youtu.be/rk6ty_yduNE?t=1m

Rachel's 5A clashes then 5B gets absorbed. Rachel's 5B apparently has Head, Body, and Projectile attributes.

So at least to some degree, mixed attribute attacks will get absorbed, maybe even some of Noel's D moves as I mentioned.

Why Hakumen's Agito didn't, who knows. Maybe the "projectile" part wasn't the only portion that touched Azrael so the physical sword part hit him out of it after the fact?

its something im unsure of, agito at all ranges can hit yukikaze and because of this he can jump out of it.

if yukikaze catches any depth of agito hakumen isnt stuck because of the projectile property.

from the look of that vid hakumen hit him with the near tip of agito.

You know, reflecting on my shitposting spree earlier, I realize I need to apologize to LegendaryRath.

I get what he's saying. There's a lot of unexplored hitconfirms with Azrael, especially the seemingly obvious ones off fatal counters. Or even if they are explored, it's definitely not showing up in a majority of match videos. Being able to react to his big potential damage and capitalizing from it will be pivotal in being a successful Azrael player, in my honest opinion.

Well it makes sense, u can practically fart and it'll combo into it so there's no reason it should ever be blocked

But what if you only know how to impractically fart?

So wait.... is Scud essentially a mini-install that you have to hit with in order to get the effect? There's probably a whole assload of tech needing to be discovered with that move...

So wait.... is Scud essentially a mini-install that you have to hit with in order to get the effect? There's probably a whole assload of tech needing to be discovered with that move...

More or less. And as for "tech", it is already there.

Just how fast is TCL for people to choose teleport > TCL over teleport > 5A/2A? Is any part of the rekkas safe on block?

It seems really dangerous to me, yet I keep seeing players do that.

Just how fast is TCL for people to choose teleport > TCL over teleport > 5A/2A? Is any part of the rekkas safe on block?

It seems really dangerous to me, yet I keep seeing players do that.

The dashes are special cancelable, whereas they are not cancelable by normals such as 5a. Dashthrough 5a is more often than not very vunerable to mash, while dash > special cancel rekka will catch mashers.

j.2C RC Shenanigans look pretty good. Shit would be cool if we could dash under. It would make escaping the corner really worthwhile. You'd be close enough to TCL pickup and apply a weakpoint.

I'm sure there will be someway to crossunder pickup.