Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zeth07

[CP] Azrael - Gameplay Discussion (Pre-Console Release)

What are the OD property changes to BHS, besides glowing in his menacing aura and a sliding effect? I remember reading something here about it having projectile invincibility no?

Can you follow up OD BHS' sliding effect in the corner? What are the property changes to OD SP? I think I read something about autoguard in start up, or was that BSH as well :/

I meant to get a combo afterwards.

Didn't we already discuss this?

"OD BHS:

*OD version of BHS has full body GP during start up.

Can follow up with 2C on CH close to the corner.(character specific)

22C and phalanx work,too.

*Leads to about 9K for a weak hit confirm by the time OD runs out.

OD BHS CH>OD BHS does about 5.7k damage."

Thought I already added that stuff to the first post but apparently not, it's there now. We discussed it ~10 pages ago when Nokita posted it from the jbbs.

It was definitely the guard point, you can see a "blue shield" appearing. I wouldn't say bursts whiff for no reason but more like because they're coming out real fast, I guess this could be avoided with more active frames which again is not up to us.

I'm surprised no one noted how his moves with super armor, unlike tager, can absorb bursts as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Dlb_oJpCsDg#t=1394s

That sounds potentially scary.

Most moves with guard point have different block/weak attributes, if you're referring to sledge not shielding bursts, that's due to bursts not being calculated as very normal projectiles.

It's likely that his combos will simply have auto burstbait sections, similar to Hakumen's like, 80% uptime on auto burstbait in his combos.

If wonder if thats actually guard point or the burst just whiffing. Bursts whiff a lot for no reason in BBCP it seems.

There clear indication that the burst hit, as the graphic for guard point appeared on Azrael when the burst contacted him.

Everything he said is common knowledge to those to play fighters if not ArcSys fighters. Anyways the super armor ability to absorb bursts can become great burst baits.

This character...

Guard Point is hilarious in neutral too. If you time it right and hold it long enough, there's so much shit you can counter. For example, you can absorb Haz j.6D~D > j.B with Valiant/Hornet and then release D afterwards to get CH.

Everything he said is common knowledge to those to play fighters if not ArcSys fighters. Anyways the super armor ability to absorb bursts can become great burst baits.

This character...

Don't expect to see it that often. His combos have a fairly linear route of what you can do at least in regards to using Valiant and Hornet. So there's only going to be specific instances where you'll do it, in which case the opponent just has to know not to burst there. Unless you plan to go completely out of your way to try and bait burst with it, otherwise it is just going to be a coincidence when it happens just like it was in that example (which he got nothing from it anyway).

I've been gone for a while. Letting you all know I'm not dead.

Got a feeling Azrael is going to be hated by the mature DL community. No idea why.

Probably because he's going to be the typical character that 13-year-old chuunis go after like Ragna and Hazama. "Kakkoi" characters tend to be like that. Oh yeah, and those same people will probably use the netplay black color.

Probably because he's going to be the typical character that 13-year-old chuunis go after like Ragna and Hazama. "Kakkoi" characters tend to be like that. Oh yeah, and those same people will probably use the netplay black color.

Who cares. God forbid people have different taste than you.

I don't care what anyone thinks of my character preferences. He's badass, that's all I need. It's like how my good friend only plays characters that he says are "beautiful men"... That's why he's going to play Amane.

Does 5C and 6C FC allow 3C to connect on standing opponents?

This combo made me wonder about it, it's just too hype to ignore. And I guess it can be improved by replacing some chestkicks with 6C or something :8/:

god this character

For 6C, I would imagine so, since it moves him forward anyway and it doesn't have that much landing recovery. With 5C, it could be distance/character dependent. If you FC 5C from max range, it might not connect.

I'm actually not referring to FC > 3C, but FC > normals > 3C, just like the combo I posted.

Pretty much like how Jin's and Ragna's 6C in CS connected only on crouchers, right after a CH or in a FC combo even after various normals.