Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zeth07

[CP] Azrael - Gameplay Discussion (Pre-Console Release)

Pretty sure that buttons beat it and that IIRC he doesnt have any "real" oki setups.
Aside from basic Oki tech roll traps. I think Az is going to be limited to serious Ghetto oki. Sucks in a way.

I'm thinking of contributing some more, so i'm going to post in the video thread, are there any rules/ways to format and organize that i should follow?

And when i do upload, i'm only going to upload jourdal2012 videos, in fact, i will be posting up all jourdal2012 vids that include Azrael, so i recommend that nobody uploads jourdal2012 videos as to cause less confusion and unnecessary clutter, and to save you the trouble and effort it takes to upload his videos.

5-10 minutes after this is posted, i will have already posted some videos already, so watch out for them.

EDIT: posted tons of videos in the video thread, will clean them up and delete certain videos later but you\re free to check them out.

If you are going to post videos in the video thread make sure you are starting from where I last linked videos in the most recent post, not the link in the 1st post of the video thread. That shows where I left off, and any videos after that you can link. I don't know what you mean by "upload jourdal2012 videos", but I hope you just mean link them. And you should be including ALL the Azrael videos, no matter who uploads them so not just jourdal, which is why you go by the general Video Thread and not just someone's subscription.

Please make sure none of the videos have already been posted before you do because I do not want to have to check and I should not have to if you're following along with where it was last updated (in the latest post, not 1st post).

EDIT: Also when you are "finished" updating, please put a link to the last post of where you stopped in the general video thread like I have been doing, that way I know where you left off.

Also, Azrael's front dash seems to have more than 5 frames of invincibility, because look here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh6wPTNxHIA&feature=player_detailpage#t=842s

Amane's 5B is definetly more than 5 frames, yet azrael's front dash passed right through it.

I'm also looking for a video i saw where Azrael's 6A wall-bounced on CH and the Azrael was able to combo from it as a starter mid-screen.

That was Amane's Counter Assault. You also have to consider active frames which I don't think you were referring to, ex. Bang's 5B's active frames are only 4. You also have to consider they can be throwing out multiple attacks (or mashing), so something like 5AAAAAA or 2AAAAA will most definitely hit him out of it. It does have some invincibility which we already know, but that doesn't mean it doesn't still lose to things on oki.

If you find a CH 6A video, please feel free to post the combo. Just update your other post as I mentioned and put it at the bottom away from the rest so I know it's newly added.

If you are going to post videos in the video thread make sure you are starting from where I last linked videos in the most recent post, not the link in the 1st post of the video thread. That shows where I left off, and any videos after that you can link. I don't know what you mean by "upload jourdal2012 videos", but I hope you just mean link them. And you should be including ALL the Azrael videos, no matter who uploads them so not just jourdal, which is why you go by the general Video Thread and not just someone's subscription.

Please make sure none of the videos have already been posted before you do because I do not want to have to check and I should not have to if you're following along with where it was last updated (in the latest post, not 1st post).

EDIT: Also when you are "finished" updating, please put a link to the last post of where you stopped in the general video thread like I have been doing, that way I know where you left off.[/quote/]

i'm not sure what you mean by this, but if you mean i have to link to the video posting thread, then i'm sorry, because those guys are extraordinarily slow in posting their uploaded videos and they barely upload Azrael videos, not to mention that i hand[ick the videos myself, if you want me to upload videos that aren't jourdal then i will do as you say though.

tl;dr: i do not link the videos that are in the video posting thread: i go through the most recent videos jourdal has and link the moments with azrael in them,I do not use the video posting thread so there is no need for me to put a link

i'm not sure what you mean by this, but if you mean i have to link to the video posting thread, then i'm sorry, because those guys are extraordinarily slow in posting their uploaded videos and they barely upload Azrael videos, not to mention that i hand[ick the videos myself, if you want me to upload videos that aren't jourdal then i will do as you say though.

tl;dr: i do not link the videos that are in the video posting thread: i go through the most recent videos jourdal has and link the moments with azrael in them,I do not use the video posting thread so there is no need for me to put a link

What I'm saying is if you're going to link videos into the Azrael video thread just go through the General video thread, start wherever I left off, then post wherever you left off so I know.

pktazn uploads plenty of Azrael videos, then there's GAMEacho and Kohatsu, and other people who happen to upload videos and put them in the thread. You shouldn't have to "upload" any videos so I'm not sure why you keep using that word, most of the videos available on nico do get uploaded by someone already, it's rare that they don't and we don't need multiple uploads of the same videos to go through.

There's no "handpicking" the videos, you just go through them, find any Azrael matches, post them with dates/player names and timestamped.

Please do NOT do this, go through the video posting thread. If you are only going through Jourdal's videos then it means missing any other videos in the video posting thread and that becomes a major pain trying to figure out what has been added and what hasn't. Please follow what I said to do, or please don't do it because it will otherwise be too much trouble.

Then what if i upload everybody's vids ?

and by that i mean pktzan and any other person,also, the video posting thread is pretty slow compared to what jourdal and pktzan upload from their channel, so to cause less trouble, i'm going to upload pktzan's and any other person's videos as well .

Also, you don't understand what i'm saying, what i'm saying is that i post the videos to the thread, and by handpick, i mean i search through every single video that comes through and find an azrael, then i timestamp the video. sorry, but english's not my first language and i can't describe everything to you over the internet.

EDIT: i cleaned up my post in the video thread, now i understand what you mean, zeth, okay then, i will only be uploading videos that are posted in the video posting thread, but can you please tell me how to link posts?

And my post contains ONLY videos that you didn't post, i updated my post with videos from the final post in the video posting thread so feel free to check them out, and in order to cause less confusion i'm going to stop posting in the video thread and make it less difficult for us both.

Yeah, lol, that's what the move is supposed to do, it's an anti-air (albeit inferior to 5B and 6A). The only other time you'll see that move used is for combo fodder in boost dash sequences. Hell, it was supposed to CH anyway because the other Az was throwing out j.B

For future reference to everyone,

I have added my "directions" from the above posts to the Azrael Video Thread for anyone else who plans to help keep the video thread updated. Please read it and follow the directions if you plan to do so. Hopefully there won't be anymore misunderstandings in that regard. Thank you.

---

I try to update the thread with the latest videos every few days. I don't update it as soon new videos are posted if there are only a few, so for example I just have a word document that I keep with the links in it until it's substantial enough to post. I'm saying this just so anyone who wants to help doesn't need to post updates for each individual time new Azrael matches are posted, just for it to be "updated". If you see I haven't done it in a while, and there a good number of "new" Azrael matches, please feel free to post them as stated.

I update the Video List itself less frequently for the simple fact that it is more of a "database" of videos and doesn't really need to be updated all that often.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=83tIUimOFGM#t=109s

HOLY BAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSS!

5K ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE SCREEN FROM UW IN THE CORNER FOR 50 HEAT!

It also re-applies the weakpoint at the end, fucking classy, plus it looks god-damn near unblockable online or after some good conditioning offline!

(Yeah I know online dosen't bear thinking about yet but ya gotta consider it sometime :P)

I'll go post it to the combo thread then~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=83tIUimOFGM#t=109s

HOLY BAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSS!

5K ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE SCREEN FROM UW IN THE CORNER FOR 50 HEAT!

It also re-applies the weakpoint at the end, fucking classy, plus it looks god-damn near unblockable online or after some good conditioning offline!

(Yeah I know online dosen't bear thinking about yet but ya gotta consider it sometime :P)

I'll go post it to the combo thread then~

There is this one already listed:

(50%) [uW] TCL > RC > 236D > ([6]>5C)*4 > 6A > 3C > 22C > 2C > 6D = 5168 DM

It is more or less the exact same combo.

Yeah, but without the dump for extra damage... which means he had to use 2A to get that perfect instead of just getting it cleanly with that combo.

Also, dashing to cross-up your opponent with rekkas is hella fast and really unexpected if you have your back to the corner. You won't have to do much "conditioning" at all to get something like that to hit.

Yo Zeth.

You have this listed in the opening post of the video thread:

'Use Ctrl+F to easily search for the player's matches that you want to watch.' Now that's fine, but people can't do that if you're using the collapse method unless they open each one. If they open each one they may as well search manually for it.

Yo Zeth.

You have this listed in the opening post of the video thread:

'Use Ctrl+F to easily search for the player's matches that you want to watch.' Now that's fine, but people can't do that if you're using the collapse method unless they open each one. If they open each one they may as well search manually for it.

Hmm.....that sucks, didn't know it'd do that.

I'd really prefer to keep them collapsed because it looks better, so that the thread doesn't just appear as a big list outright when someone is trying to look through it.

There are a lot of good players so searching for one particular player probably isn't needed, but I did like the function of being able to do it. Guess I'll think about how I want it after all.

Understandable, but perhaps this would help.

If you manage to make a small list of notable players it may help in allowing people to watch out for more players rather than searching for one in particular (which admittedly was what I was doing). That way you could still keep the matches collapsed.

Example: let's say you have Uma no Hone and Saki as notable players. I could open up the Carl matches and be like, 'oh aren't Uma no Hone and Saki notable players? Lemme check 'em out', and it could proceed from there.

Understandable, but perhaps this would help.

If you manage to make a small list of notable players it may help in allowing people to watch out for more players rather than searching for one in particular (which admittedly was what I was doing before you collasped it). That way you could still keep the matches collasped.

Yea I just started looking at how all the other character forums are handling their video threads for reference. Some have them just collapsed like I did now, others have notable players with a list of videos, etc. I honestly have not looked at any other character forums up until just now after the fact (after I collapsed them) to know what everyone else is doing with the threads.

I'll be going back through the Video Thread at some point, probably cutting it down and restructuring it to resemble some of the other threads.

I just checked the video thread:

Though I like your idea of using Ctrl+F I think that the player list(ranking) takes way too much space until you actually get to the video part. I like navigating through a list better rather than having them collapsed but I guess that's a matter of preference. Just my two cents.

I just checked the video thread:

Though I like your idea of using Ctrl+F I think that the player list(ranking) takes way too much space until you actually get to the video part. I like navigating through a list better rather than having them collapsed but I guess that's a matter of preference. Just my two cents.

Noted. As I mentioned I will be cutting the thread down anyway, so it shouldn't be an issue later.

Updated my post in the combo and video threads with new combos/videos, not much but you can check them out for now, gonna add some more later.

I'm also going to post a list of things i noticed in matches, most notably the effects of moves on CH and what they're able to cancel into, basically things i think should be added to the wiki and/or the character overview .

i checked the video thread and the combo thread, i actually like your idea, it makes it much easier to surf and go through specific combo routes in the combo thread, but it's probably not as good in the video thread.

I have also subscribed to the video posting thread, any new post that comes out i will check and post the videos on that post with Azrael so you don't have to worry about constantly updating the thread.

Unfortunately, some of the buttons on my keyboard are broken so i can't follow the same style you do in the combo thread when i post my combos, so i'm going to have to replace the signs with commas.

When CP drops I think I'm going to go in so hard with Azrael (Hah). I NEVER played regular ranked matches in CS1/2/EX, through my entire time I think I played less than 30 throughout all 3. Gonna see if I can conquer Europe first, then za warudo

When CP drops I think I'm going to go in so hard with Azrael (Hah). I NEVER played regular ranked matches in CS1/2/EX, through my entire time I think I played less than 30 throughout all 3. Gonna see if I can conquer Europe first, then za warudo

Playing online with Azrael is going to be the most beautiful thing, considering he is a links character and online is laggy as fuck at times. Then again, I don't live in one of the main countries, so maybe I just have bad luck.