Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zeth07

[CP] Azrael - Gameplay Discussion (Pre-Console Release)

Does he keep the invincibility from his forward dash when he does the Slayer special cancel???

Apparently his forward dash has almost no invincibility anyway. So if you had an attack out, you would probably hit him out of it before the special could startup, at least that's my guess.

I guess it would still help him with footsies since you could suddenly go into a special after the dash and it could be kinda unexpected. Or maybe it'd be used in a gimmicky mixup of crossing through the opponent with a forward dash and still jump special cancelling on the other side but I don't know if that would be possible due to frames.

Damn son, it's like they build him in Guilty Gear and moved him to Blazblue with the same frame data.

Thanks for the info.

So what I gathered from Nokita's post was:

• slightly less godlike Slayer 6P
  • 90% combo rate
  • Phalanx is level infinity projectile
  • Forward Dash Cancel
  • All dat + on block

And on top of that he has projectile-absorbing, guard-point boost dash overhead, ground (conditionally) unblockable super, and a trick low?

I guess the only thing holding Azunyan back is that he's not Taokaka.

Well, at least you can IB Gustaf to punish it, right guys? Guys?

Nope, best case scenario, Gustav is only +1 on block if spaced perfectly. So that would mean that it would be -2 on IB.

However, that best case scenario is me being optimistic. Shit might be +1 point blank and like +6 if spaced correctly lol.

...why would Azrael not have a universal game mechanic? They just don't use/need it.

Well even looking at the data we have no damage value for it though I guess p1/p2 for it is universal. It just seems strange to me that I've never seen it used by any Azrael regardless of skill/style. Even when we had the imgur album for the moves uploaded I don't think his CT was pictured.

...why would Azrael not have a universal game mechanic? They just don't use/need it.

It's possible. I mean, Tager lacks otherwise universal movement mechanics. Maybe Arc figured giving Azrael a 25 meter un-normal-blockable move was too much considering his other buttons and 50 meter can-be-made-un-ground-blockable move.

It's possible. I mean, Tager lacks otherwise universal movement mechanics. Maybe Arc figured giving Azrael a 25 meter un-normal-blockable move was too much considering his other buttons and 50 meter can-be-made-un-ground-blockable move.

See now that's what I'm thinking; With all the set-ups he can get from weak-points and what not, what reason would there be to never use it?

Well even looking at the data we have no damage value for it though I guess p1/p2 for it is universal. It just seems strange to me that I've never seen it used by any Azrael regardless of skill/style. Even when we had the imgur album for the moves uploaded I don't think his CT was pictured.

Azrael's CT doesn't appear to have a unique animation like most(if not all, haven't seen all of them) CTs. I've seen it used like 3 times and It was the same animation as his Cobra Strike and I could only tell it was his CT cause of quick white flash before it hits and the Cobra Strike being done without Tiger Magnum being thrown first.

Azrael's CT doesn't appear to have a unique animation like most(if not all, haven't seen all of them) CTs. I've seen it used like 3 times and It was the same animation as his Cobra Strike and I could only tell it was his CT cause of quick white flash before it hits and the Cobra Strike being done without Tiger Magnum being thrown first.

Oh so that's what that is? I always figured it was just him chaining into cobra strike from tiger magnum whiff. I guess it's just a white shiny cobra strike then.

5BB looks like one of Azrael's best moves. I've watched more or less every single Az video in existence and the mileage that move gets is just crazy. For example:

+ on Block

Good Anti Air (Will lose to dominating jump attacks)

Fast

Leads to good damage

Gatlings into tons of shit

I think 5BB is going to be my crutch.

Holy Crap, growler field works pretty great if you're in the corner. I bet it could be used to completely nullify Makoto's orb and Rachel's George oki too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=562F2J27fQA#t=323s

It actually looks like Jin's moves whiffed right through Azrael here for the entire duration of the move. Gonna feel pretty good to just say "fuck you" to everybody's corner oki.

Gonna feel pretty good to just say "fuck you" to everybody's corner oki.

Except Plat's since her oki's main purpose is to prevent rolls and it doesn't actually make contact with your character (unless you roll or jump towards it) lol.

Anyways, dropping by to confirm that Azrael's 6C is NOT an overhead :kitty:

I noticed that myself a few days ago. Don't know how much of a loss it is though. It was never that fast or hard to see, and not being an overhead makes it a good excuse for good frame advantage or other cool properties it might have.

Valk's 6C (OH) is easy to see coming, has frame advantage, and it still hits people most of the time lol.

lol, he got the short end of the stick with his 6C. It looks like an OH, yet it's not, just like Jin's 6B.

By the way, does anyone know just how exactly Growler Field works when absorbing projectiles? Do you just time it or do you have the option to "hold it" like Yukiko's Dia? If it's the former and it has a set amount of "absorption time", then at least we can try and use a meaty high/low/throw or an empty jump as he recovers from the move. That way projectile oki won't be completely wasted.

You can hold it and it will continue to absorb projectiles as long as it's held up to 14 I think, and then 3 of those will be stored for Phalanx Cannon.

Damn, there goes my meaty/empty jump attempts lol.

If you're doing an empty jump why would you lose to a DP? It specifically means you aren't pressing a button.....