Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zeth07

[CP] Azrael - Gameplay Discussion (Pre-Console Release)

ive been watching Azrael vids and the az boards since he was announced.

i must say hes fleshed out fine.

good damage, interesting game play, LINKS. i think i finally found a legit sub.

Holy fuck this guy's damage output, I just watched the combo video. I'm glad there's someone else int eh cast that can barely break the 20 hit combo limit along with Hakumen lol.

How many times can you tell a nigga to eat a dick (dash kick) in valiant charge btw?

It usually depends on what you want to do afterwards but I think the maximum number of Valiant Charges is 6. So you can do 6 > 5C 6 times in a row but it probably ruins your damage so most people just do it 4 times.

If you do 6 > 5C 4 times, you can do 6 > 6C > 6 > j.C afterward and do some swag combo.

I'm interested in finding as many combos as possible that apply both weakpoints. Once this game comes out, I'm gonna go crazy. Sometimes you see one WP disappear long before the other one, but if they're applied in the same combo then it shouldn't be a problem. There's 2 or 3 combos like that towards the end of the video, including that super practical grab starter. Hopefully we can find something similar for other common starters, even if it requires one to start.

The wheels are turning.

I was wondering if you could apply both weakpoints in a single combo. That video pretty much answered that question and that you could do it off of a grab lol. This game needs to come out now.

Also, this has been bugging me for a bit but what does "gomikuzu" mean? Since he tells you to "die" a lot in his combos, I'm guessing it's something equally as violent.

Gomi Kuzu means "trash/garbage" in otherwords, he's calling you trash. Zeth should create a lexicon for Azrael. CT>Eat a dick x 4>5b.

Valiant Crash and Hornet Bunker look like they're going to be very strong lol. You can't block them ordinarily if you have the WP the corresponds to them right? If so Hakumen's counters could easily be punished by Azrael.

I doubt Valiant and Hornet are unblockable. The only comfirmed unblockable is BHS. If they are unblockable, that's great. If not, you can still combo into them easily.

Yeah theyre not unblockable, u can see them getting blocked in multiple vids. They were fully charged in some of the them as well

Also about The TC> valiant combo, is that a cancel like TCL or are they linking valiant after cobra's recovery?

It could be either. Though i never imagined Cobra would have such short recovery. Either one is fine really.

When i get my hands on this game. I swear to god im going to go berserk.

1) Practical Ways of applying both weak points

2) 5C FC Combos

3) Maximum GomiKuzu

Lol no im asking coz if its the latter it means Cobra's recovery is very quick and it can possibly be used a pressure tool on block ala Iori's rekkas.

Just spectating, especially that in one of the recent vids an Az was going 5BB> TC> 5A repeat as a block string and it didnt look like the opponent had enough time to punish, they never tried though (probably scared of the possible L follow-up) so i cant say for sure.

I've been wondering since I first read about Azrael's drive if he has to choose between applying a weak point at the end of a combo, or getting some form of oki.

Do stuff like j.D and 6D provide knockdown?

I've been wondering since I first read about Azrael's drive if he has to choose between applying a weak point at the end of a combo, or getting some form of oki.

Do stuff like j.D and 6D provide knockdown?

By BB standards, yes he still gets a "knockdown" from getting his weakpoints. Of course he has nothing to force people to actually block on wakeup so he doesn't get "real" oki.

So people can just disrespect Az all day? Doesn't he have any conditioning tools?

He can go for things like 3D if they try to not tech immediately which will apply the lower weakpoint and thus give him both almost instantly after any combo that ends in an aerial. And with both weakpoints, Azrael gets big damage.

Besides that he can still do things like dash through them which could mess up how they tech.

He just doesn't have the benefit of getting proper oki, but you still can't outright disrespect him all the time.

It sounds kinda scary not getting proper oki, but this character keeps looking more and more interesting by the day. Definitely adding him in my ball collection when the game gets ported

It sounds kinda scary not getting proper oki, but this character keeps looking more and more interesting by the day. Definitely adding him in my ball collection when the game gets ported

Here's an example of what I mean: http://youtu.be/d41-WaYm108?t=10m5s

After TCL, Azrael dashes forward and ends up being right next to the opponent after knockdown. But then the Valkenhayn just rolls right through him and Azrael doesn't get any "mix-up" off that oki. He still got pressure simply because he pressed buttons anyway that moved him forward and Valkenhayn didn't do anything.

So he still has to read how the opponent techs.

Here's another example: http://youtu.be/d41-WaYm108?t=10m54s

He gets the knockdown, dashes towards the opponent in the corner, puts himself in the corner as they are neutral teching and then dashes out of the corner. Then he tries to dash forward to get close to him and Valkenhayn just mashes 2A and beats Azrael's forward dash since it doesn't have good invincibility throughout it.

Then immediately after that he bursts and as Valkenhayn lays there Azrael tries to do 2B to pick him up, and then Valkenhayn techs and presses a button as Azrael does 5B and Valkenhayn gets CH.

Azrael is limited with his "oki". He needs to guess how the opponent is going to tech. Will they roll, wake-up DP, block, mash, ect.? There isn't a single option that forces the opponent to just sit there and respect you. Forget what we all learned in Persona. He is definitely not Chie.

I guess that's the best and laziest way I can explain what Zeth just did.

Forget what we all learned in Persona. He is definitely not Chie.

>Location: Greece

>Aksys localizing shit

But yeah I get it. I guess just having a weak point on would condition people to some extent, if they know how much damage they can take from a simple hit-confirm. If they don't, they'll learn the hard way.

He's probably gonna struggle against zoners though, I can't imagine him dealing with Nu easily.

Itll be like any other, she'll be a threat until you get in then its your ball game.

youll just have to learn how to work your way in, also i believe his teleport may prove useful in that regard.

also axe wheel leaves her open for quite a while so learning how to IB axe wheel setups can give you a massive advantage.