Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zeth07

[CP] Azrael - Gameplay Discussion (Pre-Console Release)

Sorry if this question has been posted before>

Will Azrael be a able to perform 236B after performing 214B against a hybrid move that just happens to have projectile properties like Hakumen's Agito?

To my knowledge yes. I believe another example would be some of Noel's D moves, and I'm pretty sure I've seen it absorb those.

While absorbing projectiles he is gains invincibility

Is this true that he gains full invincibilty or is it only projectile invincibility? Or is it even because of the fact that he gains a hitbox you just can't touch.

Is this true that he gains full invincibilty or is it only projectile invincibility? Or is it even because of the fact that he gains a hitbox you just can't touch.

I was going to show you a clip as an example, but unfortunately it was lost with Jourdal's channel. Take my word for it, he gains full invincibility. There's been plenty of times when Rachel used George and Growler completely absorbed it. While this was going on, rachel wiffed several moves right through Azrael. This sort of thing happens a lot with Jin's 25 meter ice swords as well. Typically, after someone tries to pressure Azrael but instead ends up wiffing, Azrael can punish with a reverse grab for 3.6kish and put them into the corner.

That sounds sweet, thanks for clarification. I had to ask because I have yet to see anyone trying to hit(non-projectile) Azrael during Growler.

I realize that I might need to clarify, he only gains invincibility while he absorbs projectiles. During long-multi hit projectiles like George and Amane's drill setups Azrael will remain invincible until it ends, as well as gain up to 3 projectiles for himself.

Just in case someone read my last post without reading anything beforehand.

Upper Weakpoint grabs seem ridiculous. Full Carry + 4K from Dash-through grab.

Azrael confirmed scrub killer.

I would say a little bit better in some situations. We certainly get more off grabs than she did.

I am not sure if anyone can top Mu's situational damage in extend, seeing that she gets almost 4k damage from anti-airs and around 3-4k from air to air hits, 3k+ corner damage with weak starters, 5k with decent starters in the corner and way over 6k damage from a 6c FC in the corner and all without spending meter.

But Azreal does have comparable high damage , because the overall combo damage is lowered for most of the older characters in CP

So.

We basically got EX Mu's damage, yeah?

Pardon if I'm a bit skeptical, but those numbers are pretty incontestable.

I am not sure if anyone can top Mu's situational damage in extend, seeing that she gets almost 4k damage from anti-airs and around 3-4k from air to air hits, 3k+ corner damage with weak starters, 5k with decent starters in the corner and way over 6k damage from a 6c FC in the corner and all without spending meter.

Antiair 5a is 5k, 6a/2c leads to 6.2k

Air to air j.c is 7.2k

low corner starter is 4.3k

good corner starter is 6.5k

6c fatal is 10k meterless

Scrubs mash, and Az loses to mashing outside of guard point and GURAURA imo.

edit: Idk why people freak out about Az's damage when it's not really that high. Hakumen with meter (that he gets for free), Hazama, Jin, Tao, Noel with meter, Mu, Bullet, Tager, Amane.... at least all those characters off the top of my head I've seen do more damage very easily. I think Az's real strength is in his neutral and mix-up (and rewards thereof). The way his oki works, at least after a weak-point ender, is very fast and he has a number of options he can perform. Most commonly, you see him do something like 6D (opponent rolls back or forward) > 3D or Az forward dash into 5A/2A/5B/grab. The other thing is that Az combos at least look like they're virtually undroppable, which is great. If you're ever in doubt, all you have to do is mash rekka or buster.

Pardon if I'm a bit skeptical, but those numbers are pretty incontestable.

Air to air j.c is 7.2k

I meant those examples without putting someone in the corner and without spending meter.

Don't you need to spend meter to get that damage in the corner?

I meant those examples without putting someone in the corner and without spending meter.

Don't you need to spend meter to get that damage in the corner?

Every single one of those combos builds at least 50 meter and carries the opponent across the entire stage into the corner. If she's >3/4 of the stage away from the corner, you just do the sideswitch combo.

Air to air j.c is 7.2k

6c fatal is 10k meterless

jesus christ

Why are you freaking out about this? If anything, this should be a testament to how fucking stupid meter gain and damage has worked in BB for the past 4 iterations since its genesis.

It's not like Arakune, Tao, Valk, Hazama, BK Ragna, or Hakumen don't get similar levels of stupid damage.

Azrael has the highest damage output in CP. Okay, comparing him to EX Mu is silly, but Azrael is still incredibly new. I expect a lot of new technology to arise, especially when we get a hold of it.

Meter gain and damage were nerfed through the whole cast (Sept Hazama fuck that ass character ban plz) But he still hits as hard as someone in EX.

I have ideas for situational damage that could easily break 10k if they worked, granted it would never happen in a match. We haven't even scratched the surface, in fact we haven't even touched it yet. Until we can play for ourselves, we've only been looking through the glass.

There's no doubt that he has probably the highest consistent damage output in the game. The only exception would be standing confirms without meter or weak points.

Oh ya, and screw Mu. I picked her up for the first time like 2 days ago for only an hour. I broke 7k meterless without looking anything up or going into challenge. DERP MUCH?!?

Don't worry, Mu looks like she has lower damage in CP but also looks far more autopilot, or at least has the capability of doing so without sacrificing much.

She only seems to have lower damage because people tend to use her new kick special Ikutachi in her combo's quite early due to it's easy usage, but at the same time it lowers her damage due to it's low p2 of 82. As such, like Azreal i am guessing that her damage potential will be higher if more stuff are discovered , but still her damage might be overall lowered compared to extend because of her 6c nerf in CP.

lol, the combos are still like 3.2-4.0k midscreen (starter dependent) and end with stein oki.

Also, I should probably clear this up right now before anyone asks me: I don't play characters based on win-ability, tier, playstyle, or anything that's actually game-related. I only play characters that are very stereo-typical chuunibyou type designs.

lol, the combos are still like 3.2-4.0k midscreen (starter dependent) and end with stein oki.

Also, I should probably clear this up right now before anyone asks me: I don't play characters based on win-ability, tier, playstyle, or anything that's actually game-related. I only play characters that are very stereo-typical chuunibyou type designs.

Mu is very chuuni, more than Azreal :p

Don't worry, Mu looks like she has lower damage in CP but also looks far more autopilot, or at least has the capability of doing so without sacrificing much.

What really? I don't think it's possible to be 'far more autopilot' than she already is?

What really? I don't think it's possible to be 'far more autopilot' than she already is?

Actually i think she is less of a auto pilot character because of her zoning tools have drastically changed and has become more an agressive rushdown character with some zoning tools as backup. But i am drifting too much away fom the original topic, so i will be only talking about Mu if Azreal is also involved :p