Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zeth07

[CP] Azrael - Gameplay Discussion (Pre-Console Release)

you quit because of a glitch that will be patched?

good shit.

Naaahhh, I'm just saying how I just can't really see why this was in there in the first place. Its that it seems just so weird when you think about it. Sorry for the confusion.

EDIT: What I tried to say was, "What happened at that segment was just incredibly surprising for me" It might not have come out in the way I intended DX

Naaahhh, I'm just saying how I just can't really see why this was in there in the first place. Its that it seems just so weird when you think about it. Sorry for the confusion.

EDIT: What I tried to say was, "What happened at that segment was just incredibly surprising for me" It might not have come out in the way I intended DX

i was joking lol.

but in all honesty azreal out of the entire cast has a really oddball system coupled with his specials and properties on his moves.

im not surprised there are glitches popping up again after his dash glitch. i think out of everyones playstyles his hasnt shown up in any other FG in recent history.

hes really new, it would feel a bit half done if there wasnt something wrong with him,

At least we have people who just figure out Azrael's many intricacies and finding out these hilarious glitches. I guess playing Azrael will be a treat, then

i was joking lol.

but in all honesty azreal out of the entire cast has a really oddball system coupled with his specials and properties on his moves.

im not surprised there are glitches popping up again after his dash glitch. i think out of everyones playstyles his hasnt shown up in any other FG in recent history.

hes really new, it would feel a bit half done if there wasnt something wrong with him,

I dunno, Amane feels much more fresh to me. When all is said and done, Azrael is just another rushdown character, with some Guilty Gear dust specials on the side. Which doesn't make him any less amazing or badass, of course.

if thats how you feel, i respect it.

i say Azreals fresh because Amane just feels like a girly reload Zato-One

Bullet is a strike grabber, 3rd strike had that.

though i ment the characters system as a whole, its so much bunched together in 1 character where as Bullet and Amane are like the rest of the cast minus bang.

they have a straight system (except bang, he has EVERYTHING). thats what i ment, and to somehow get it all to work right on the 1st try will leave him either, empty or the makers are god.

I hope this isn't Litchi-specific, but this set-up is kinda cool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ohdFeaK9ElU#t=285s

Azrael has so much style with that setup. So good

I really doubt that was a "setup", it probably happened unintentionally and wasn't expected which is why it "worked", and still loses to mashing.....Don't get too excited over simple stuff.

But almost everything Azrael does (for "oki", outside of meaties) loses to mashing, unless you're just ballsy enough to hold valiant/hornet on their wake-up.

Not that excited about it, just wanted to point out a highlight of something odd but beneficial. Idk, I had figured it was unintentional, but hey, it's an auto cross-under. Even if it's gimmicky, it's still a thing.

if thats how you feel, i respect it.

i say Azreals fresh because Amane just feels like a girly reload Zato-One

Bullet is a strike grabber, 3rd strike had that.

though i ment the characters system as a whole, its so much bunched together in 1 character where as Bullet and Amane are like the rest of the cast minus bang.

they have a straight system (except bang, he has EVERYTHING). thats what i ment, and to somehow get it all to work right on the 1st try will leave him either, empty or the makers are god.

So Azrael is unique because of the combinations of all his tools? I'm not sure I follow, can't the same be said about any character? None of them are exactly the same as some other characters from different games, so people have to explore their tools even if their gameplan is straightforward (like with Azrael himself).

And I don't see any similarities between Zato and Amane outside of "loldrills": the former is a pet-centric unblockable monster, while the latter is the first chip-oriented character in the whole genre. Though one might argue that these two gameplans are pretty similar.

So Azrael is unique because of the combinations of all his tools? I'm not sure I follow, can't the same be said about any character? None of them are exactly the same as some other characters from different games, so people have to explore their tools even if their gameplan is straightforward (like with Azrael himself).

And I don't see any similarities between Zato and Amane outside of "loldrills": the former is a pet-centric unblockable monster, while the latter is the first chip-oriented character in the whole genre. Though one might argue that these two gameplans are pretty similar.

his tools as a whole. out of every fighter ive played over the years i cant help but compare 1 character to another whenever i see them.

Meltyblood, street fighter, guilty gear, AH, VP, wanwan, AR, the fighting styles and tools they use start to become too similar to a degree. (obvious differences of course but still)

bullet is akin to Kouma from melty blood, except kouma is still (bias) superior in every way, shes also likeAlex from 3rd strike.

Amane is like Zato for the get them into the drill shit, but also like...fuck i cant remember that guys name in melty he had the same fighting style but instead of drills it was lightning balls that did roughly the same absurd chip damage, and there was another doujin fighter but he used weird...spikey multi hit things.

same style drag them into it, ruin their life.

Azreal i cant pin point any character that has close to the same skill mash up as he does. anti projectile, weak point aplication, absurd auto guard, a super the forces weak point application, teleportation, links, ground stagger, forced hard falls, ground bouncing, projectile stocking, a crazy comboing dash system.

he has...alot. its this strange mixture of abilities that makes him very unique to me, i cant find anyone who comes close enough, except maybe Vox from another doujin fighter.

EDIT: let me finalize this because this discussions getting a little derailed.

he has alot of varying abilities, unlike say ragna, ragna abilities simply compliment the style he was made for, jin is the same, amane is the same, he rakes you in and hurts you a little to alot. lets...not even talk about bullet.

Azreal (not trying to glorify or anything) its like he was designed to be able to handle most situations simply by existing, and force greater and greater damage.

he potentially has the same damage output as hakumen, with the same hp, and scare factor.

...hes basically hakumen with projectiles.

Azrael has large similarities to Slayer. He has his dashes, some of his combos are similar in nature, he even has the motherfucker's 6p, right down to trajectory.

his tools as a whole. out of every fighter ive played over the years i cant help but compare 1 character to another whenever i see them.

Meltyblood, street fighter, guilty gear, AH, VP, wanwan, AR, the fighting styles and tools they use start to become too similar to a degree. (obvious differences of course but still)

bullet is akin to Kouma from melty blood, except kouma is still (bias) superior in every way, shes also likeAlex from 3rd strike.

Amane is like Zato for the get them into the drill shit, but also like...fuck i cant remember that guys name in melty he had the same fighting style but instead of drills it was lightning balls that did roughly the same absurd chip damage, and there was another doujin fighter but he used weird...spikey multi hit things.

Azreal i cant pin point any character that has close to the same skill mash up as he does. anti projectile, weak point aplication, absurd auto guard, a super the forces weak point application, teleportation, links, ground stagger, forced hard falls, ground bouncing, projectile stocking, a crazy comboing dash system.

he has...alot. its this strange mixture of abilities that makes him very unique to me, i cant find anyone who comes close enough, except maybe Vox from another doujin fighter.

EDIT: let me finalize this because this discussions getting a little derailed.

he has alot of varying abilities, unlike say ragna, ragna abilities simply compliment the style he was made for, jin is the same, amane is the same, he rakes you in and hurts you a little to alot. lets...not even talk about bullet.

Azreal (not trying to glorify or anything) its like he was designed to be able to handle most situations simply by existing, and force greater and greater damage.

he potentially has the same damage output as hakumen, with the same hp, and scare factor.

...hes basically hakumen with projectiles.

Azrael is basically Slayer in playstyle, his Valiant combos are similar to HnK's boost, he has rekkas like Fei-Long or any rekka character ever, and he most definitely does NOT have a way to "handle most situations simply by existing", otherwise certain match-ups wouldn't be inherently tough like they are. And I don't see where he has "a lot of varying abilities" either, I think you're making him more complex than he really is as a character, if anything I'd say he is lacking in some departments.

His weakpoints are "unique" I guess, but that's his Drive and what makes every character unique in the game so you could say that for a lot of characters.

Azrael's biggest limitations are probably his mobility and his lack of long range tools. He pretty much has to get close to you, but lacks the tools to do so against characters who are strong at range (Hazama immediately comes to mind).

Azrael's biggest limitations are probably his mobility and his lack of long range tools. He pretty much has to get close to you, but lacks the tools to do so against characters who are strong at range (Hazama immediately comes to mind).

And he has nothing to force oki, which in a game like BB with the tech system hurts a lot. And has none of the extra "movement"/feint options that Slayer has with Dandy Step and Mappa feint, and no command throw which would greatly help for obvious reasons. And that fact that he needs the weakpoints to do the big damage, whereas Slayer can do it for free by comparison.

I think that covers my point enough at least.

Give Azrael AC Slayer's (not +R) 2H imoimoimo

On a serious note, I just think some of Azrael's normals are just funky. His 5C and 2B come to mind because they're both kinda slow but have good reach. During the start-up of both of those moves it looks like he's coiling back for a little bit before letting out a long range strike.

I think he also loses to people that have faster normals with similar range. Litchi and Amane both exhibit this in different ways.

Watching videos, I keep seeing him get counter-hit on start-up in neutral. He's really lacking a fast poke. And, as Zeth has said, his oki game is really weak for a character whose success relies on him staying in the opponent's face.

As for why he loses to Hazama, I think it's because he lacks good movement options moreso than ranged capabilites (i.e., Hazama wins vs other zoners but loses vs Tao and Valk).

@psycofang & SoWL Amane just seems like a really effeminate Axl to me. Just the way he controls space and has a really downgraded Axl bomber gives me that feeling.

Just noticed this: we chibi sprites now.

ahhh ok yeah im testing it out he does.

holy crap. out of all the GG characters ive played with i have never shined to slayer.

also sorry about the last 1, i should have reworded it better but i was rushing to get somewhere.

he feels imcomplete, but it feels like with all his tools mashed together they tried to make a...i dont know what to call him a spacing rush down character that isnt heavily weighted by other rush down characters limitations.

but i feel like im still not explaning it right so ima drop it.

That's something I wasn't aware of, so thanks for pointing that out.

As for why he loses to Hazama, I think it's because he lacks good movement options moreso than ranged capabilites (i.e., Hazama wins vs other zoners but loses vs Tao and Valk).

This is pretty much what I was saying. Azrael is best at close range, but his dash doesn't really do well in terms of closing distance, and he doesn't have any additional movement tools to make up for it. Against a character like Hazama, who has the ability to control his position from almost anywhere and also fights well at long range, this makes for a tough fight.