Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikelAL93

[AC+R] Justice vs. Bridget

Discuss the matchup between Justice and Bridget here.

Matchup Summary

Justice's Tools

Bridget's response to them

Bridget's Tools

Justice's response to them

The verdict of this matchup

This match-up is really frustrating. Justice can't really 22X on Bridget unless she knocks him down first. At that, trying to put out more than one missile at a time is like asking Bridget "run in my face and bop me". Bridget's mobility (like Bridget's ability to fly in at awkward angles/fast movement speed) makes this MU super difficult; his pressure compounds this difficulty as Justice doesn't really have a good reversal (SBT is garbo lol).

In comparison, at least based on formative experience, Justice's buttons aren't nearly as good as Bridget's either. It never really felt "safe" to press anything. Roger Hug is honestly one of the worst parts of this MU too; you can't really throw out missiles when you're locked on to.

I think people (myself included) need to realize that in some matchups, missiles aren't really a thing you should be doing most of the time. This is true against Testament, Bridget, Faust, and Sol off the top of my head, and is probably the case with others too. Roll up your sleeves and learn to use your entire toolkit, especially your air normals. Matchups like this might not become easy, but I guarantee they'll become easier.

Missiles are pretty cool when they're working well, but they're a tool that is slow, predictable, and high-risk or high-meter-cost for Justice to throw out from a neutral situation. Start to think of missiles as an oki tool, and a thing you can abuse in certain matchups. They are not the core of your gameplan in high level play.