Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prototype909

[CP] Bullet Gameplay Discussion

You don't lose Heat-Up when hit, only when you spend it on follow-ups or after 10 seconds of acquiring it.

Choosing between damage and Heat-Up is going to be the major point of H1 combos, but we don't have much info about the differences between H1 and H2. Maybe it really isn't that important, and all combos are possible at H1.

Got it, thanks. I gotta say, I haven't been looking forward to a character this much in a long time. Relius comes close, but I think I'll like Bullet a lot more.

So anxious to hear her theme without all the sound effects.

Since 720A is a command throw, I'd expect it to be impossible to combo into, and would rather look for opportunities of using it in neutral game. Maybe it got some invuln frames? At the very least, it's possible to combo after it.

EDIT: Might as well ask you, since you can actually play the game: did you try comboing after Cutting Shear (623B)? And what are the exact traits of its follow-up?

All the followups put space in between Bullet and the opponent. Unless it's near a corner which may get you a wall bounce for followups. I can't remember exactly at this moment the exact follow up for Cutting Shear but I believe it's the one where she slams them into the ground and then throws them to the (opposite) side of the screen.

All the followups put space in between Bullet and the opponent. Unless it's near a corner which may get you a wall bounce for followups. I can't remember exactly at this moment the exact follow up for Cutting Shear but I believe it's the one where she slams them into the ground and then throws them to the (opposite) side of the screen.

Yeah, that's the one. Just saw it again in one of the new videos; apparently, you can even combo 5C into Cutting Shear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mml5rvNiHP4

However, I think I remember someone in the loketest vids canceling the part which throws the enemy to the opposite side, maybe with a special. Wonder if that feature is still in.

Can't really think of any follow-ups that put space between the two players; if anything, the regular versions seem to do that more.

EDIT: The last combo video shows that Cutting Shear is even more combo-friendly than I expected. I can't stop loving everything about Bullet.

Started filling out the combo section. Have to go prep for Thanksgiving dinner now, if someone could check to make sure I didn't list the same combos multiple times or mistype heat for heatless combos or vice versa I'd appreciate it. Obviously not finished yet.

Started filling out the combo section. Have to go prep for Thanksgiving dinner now, if someone could check to make sure I didn't list the same combos multiple times or mistype heat for heatless combos or vice versa I'd appreciate it. Obviously not finished yet.

I'll get to that in a minute.

Random fact of the day: entering OD in H1 gives you H2, which you retain after OD ends. Pretty obvious, but worth mentioning.

:BU:

Is it just me, or it's a bit bigger than Tager's?

Another random fact: 5DD has repeat proration, though the only way to link two of them in a single combo is by using OD, and you have better options there.

EDIT: What the hell happened here? Does Miquelet Capture has projectile invincibility?

Looks like it does, guess you gotta be careful about when you burst during Bullet combos.

Also Flint Shooter travels farther depending on whether you have Heat-Up or not; without it, the projectile travels a little less than half-screen, but with H2 I saw it go full-screen, and I think the same applies for H1.

And it happens again here, so I guess that confirms it. Now I wonder if it's going to be abused as much as Tager's Sledge. Probably not, since she can move forward with regular dashes, too.

Seeing so many players being so shy about using D follow-ups makes me wonder about other properties that H2 gives. I mean, it must be good enough to not do 4K combos that are opened by the follow-ups. I guess I should pay jBBS a visit in case they have anything about that.

And it does seem like Miquelet Capture can be blocked. Now I wonder about Snaphance Fist and Cutting Shear. I just want to have at least one proper command throw.

Thanks, now I don't have to double-post with all the stuff I found on jBBS!

I didn't find the exact list of properties your moves gain with Heat-Up, but what I did find is still pretty damn cool. First, Bullet's Persona palette is Yukino: you might've seen it in some vids already, but I, for one, just didn't recognize it.

Second, which is pretty big to go unnoticed for so long, is the so-called "Red Lock". If Bullet holds D long enough, the crosshair on the opponent becomes red. If it does, the Drive deals more damage, and Bullet is completely invincible during the dash. It takes less time to appear the higher your Heat-Up level is. For example, with H2, you can increase the damage of 5D in the 2C > 5D link by holding D for the red lock.

Lastly, some kind soul wrote down lots of info on most of Bullet's moves, which is pretty damn impressive. Do keep in mind that these are only tentative numbers, so they might be wrong in some places. I'm especially suspicious about the damage of some follow-ups...

Combo Rate: 65%

Name: Damage: P1: P2

5A: 300: 100%: 77%

5B: 700: 100%: 89%

5C: 800: 100%: 92%

2A: 300: 100%: 77%

2B: 500: 90%: 85%

2C(1): 400: 90%: 92:

2C(2): 400: 90%: 89%

jA: 300: 80%: 86%

jB: 500: 100%: 80%

jC: 700: 100%: 80%

6A: 800: 85%: 92%

6B: 700: 90%: 89%

6C: 1100: 90%: 92%

3C: 700: 95%: 89%

Back/Forward Throw (4/6B+C): 1400 (fixed): 100%: 60%

Air Throw (jB+C): 1400 (fixed): 100%: 60%

(j)5D(1): 300: 90%: 89%

(j)5D(2): 700: --: 100%

(j)5D (Charged) (1): 700: 90%: 94%

(j)5D (Charged) (2): 700: --: 100%

2/6D: 800: 90%: 89%

2/6D (Charged): 1000: 90%: 94%

Crush Trigger (A+B): 1000: 80%: 100% (100% minimum damage)

H1 Wadcut Engage (D follow-up): 1000: --: 84%

H2 Wadcut Engage (D follow-up): 3076: --: 84%

H0 Flint Shooter (236A): 350: 100%: 89%

H1 Flint Shooter (236A): 500: 100%: 89%

H2 Flint Shooter (236A): 700: 100%: 89%

Flint Shooter (Charged, 236[A]): 1200: 100%: 80%

Cutting Shear (623B): 1050: 90%: 75%

H1 Explode Engage (623B > 22D): 1600+100 (fixed): --: 40% (fixed damage included)

H2 Explode Engage (623B > 22D): 3200+100 (fixed): --: 40% (fixed damage included)

Miquelet Capture (41236C): 1000: 100%: 70%

H1 Piercing Engage (41236C > 236D): 800: --: 84%

H2 Piercing Engage (41236C > 236D): 3694: --: 84%

Snaphance Fist ((j)623C): 1700: 100%: 80%

H1 Flechette Engage ((j)623C > 623D): 900: --: 84%

H2 Flechette Engage ((j)623C > 623D): 3846: --: 84%

So this is where all the cool kids hang out these days?

On the same note, gosh that is a low combo rating.

Those 3k values on the H2 followups looks scary, but I guess they're prorated pretty heavily by that point.

We're reaching Tager tier proration here.

?

Looks about the same as typical characters... 65% is only 5% off from 70%

The wiki says that the average is 80%.

I was just checking out the Bullet alt color palettes. Is it just me or is one of them supposed to be Motoko from Ghost In The Shell?

Ya it seems like Bullet has trouble against zoners... Kinda has mobility problems to close up the gap between her and the zoning opponent, and it seems like its hard for her to get into heat mode from constantly getting hit trying to get into heat mode or can't get close enough. Also anyone know where I can see her color palettes?

The wiki says that the average is 80%.

See, I remember Tsubaki as being 70%, and thought somehow that that was the average.

Hak is 60

Tager is 40.

This place doesn't get many posts.

And it does seem like Miquelet Capture can be blocked.

Do you have footage of this? I remember seeing it grab people who were barrier blocking.

if so then wtf, is her mixup just bad without meter? low damage command grab, slow overheads..i guess that's the price of her good pressure..:/

edit: nevermind, found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0AByd67dmk#t=6m29s there goes a lot of my interest in bullet, so much for mobile grappler...

Miquelet Capture can only be "blocked" by crouching, and it doesn't appear to have an actual hitbox in this situation. This is why it's better to do the Knee Strike (Snaphance Fist) in block strings, since despite the aerial movement it will connect on crouchers.