Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gamester

[CP] Rachel Video Thread

N-O is love, N-O is life.

Yeah, no other Rachel player really compares to him. It's kind of unfair, lol.

Also, seems like Tetsuwo is going to stick it out with Rachel. Gooooood, gooood. Leave the Fabside and join the Teaside.

EDIT : after watching the whole set, I can only say one thing.... N-O is love, N-O is life.

I'm new to this Rachel stuff.. but after watching the set Between N-O and that Hakumen.. and this...

How can a 17-dan Rachel's combo choices seem so different and so much worse? N-O must kill in like 1 or 2 less combos on average, and felt like he never missed a confirm and the confirms always went into corner carry and oki. I think in the entire set, he never ran out of wind pressuring. The contrast is so huge....

That's a bit ridiculous though. Is it Rin-hime? the second best one or whatever. He's legit.

No one is going to be on NO's level, so there's no reason you should limit yourself just to him. You'd only frustrate yourself trying to compare, probably.

You're going to learn the most from N-O though.

Any of the players that gamester has listed on the front page are good to watch, but if you want good, consistent gameplay to learn from, N-O is clearly the best choice for this since no one else compares to him.

I do enjoy watching the other Rachel players play, like Rin-hime, Momoiro, and Zero.

Most other Rachel's are subpar. It's not just that no is really good, it's that the rest aren't that great either. This is not to take credit from tetsuwo or rin who are top Rachel's behind no, they are good, but their 'good' simply does not cut it compared to him right now. The point I'm trying to make is that there is a certain standard that some people are looking for when they are analyzing videos that no is above right now and no one else is. We all watch the videos I'm sure, and the general consensus is that no right now is the only one worth seriously considering. Good is not great. Great wins tournaments. Some of us are looking for great.

Personally, will I continue to watch everyone? Yes. Do I still consider no to be the highest quality of rachel right now? Yes.

tl;dr what tofurr said

Personally I watch everyone, there are stuff other Rachel's do that N-Otoko doesn't, it usually involve ways of approach or few combos routes. N-Otoko would almost always get the optimum combo, but not involve CT or some other stuff.

Seeing the other less popular Rachels (Aruken, you) try other stuff when not in a favorable position or not getting a desired starter helps finding out new stuff for Rachel.

The main difference I see between N-O and the rest (besides execution) is that N-O never chokes. It feels like he is never afraid and when he commits to a decision, even if it fails, it was a legit guess. And he doesn't press buttons for no reason compared to others who succumb to pressure.

Now I'm just gonna be repeating what has been said but it's not like Rin-Hime, Zero, Kinoko and the rest are bad per say (except Momoiro, I actually think he's kind of ass lol), they're just inferior players. It's one thing to know your character's options, mixups and gimmicks ; it's another to be smart/skilled enough to defeat another smart human being consistently. To know exactly what should be done in any given situation without autopiloting. Only N-O has proven to be able to do that so far.

Like I often say to Samthegreat, everyone else but N-O seem like mere humans, lol

I only got to check out the first match but I think you did quite well. I mean you haven't played CP Rachel before but you managed to do some things I've seen throughout some of the videos :)

Sorting through what videos I can. I'm a bit slow these last couple of days, apologies there.

^^^Everything is currently up to date above this post^^^

Edit:

From Post #483:

Waiting for "Amipara Technoland" to be put up on YT. No Rachel so far.

Checked up to Post #486 on the CP Video Posting Thread.

From Post #487:

[07/09/13] JN Vs RC (N-O)

[07/09/13] TB Vs RC (N-O) x2

[07/09/13] RL Vs RC (N-O)

[07/09/13] LT Vs RC (N-O) x2

[07/09/13] RL Vs RC (N-O) x5

[07/09/13] AM Vs RC (N-O)

[07/09/13] RL Vs RC (N-O) x2

[07/09/13] MK Vs RC (N-O)

[07/09/13] TB Vs RC (N-O)

[07/09/13] MK Vs RC (N-O) x3

[07/09/13] TB Vs RC (N-O)

[07/09/13] MK Vs RC (N-O) x2

[07/09/13] LT Vs RC (N-O) x10

From Post #488:

[07/11/13] LT (Galileo) Vs RC (N-O) x11 (Sorted)

From Post #490:

[07/12/13] MK (Takeyama) Vs RC (Minoru)

[07/12/13] TK (Yuuto) Vs RC (Minoru)

We are now onto Page 50 of the BBCP Video Posting Thread.

THIS POST IS UP TO DATE (I DECIDED TO USE CAPTIAL LETTERS FOR A CHANGE. APOLOGIES THERE)

From Post #487:

[07/11/13] LT Vs RC (N-O) x (Whole video, need to count)

There were 11 I believe and

N-O won 6-5

Is that Litchi player Galileo?

If you think it's 11 and I counted 11. I think it's 11 then xD

I think it's Galileo but I'm not confident in naming. I try not to rush putting fresh links into the main posts just in case there is any info to add or corrections to be made :)

Those 30-40 min character match-up videos GAMEacho upload are called 11 match lol

Yeah it's Galileo

I'm just going to say I can't read Japanese and leave it at that xD Thanks for the clarification :) I'll also add in Galileo's name.

Notable Japanese Rachel Player Ranking has been updated for this week (GMT+1 18:28 07/14/13)

We are now onto Page 50 of the BBCP Video Posting Thread.

Everything above this post is up to date and added to the main posts.

YAY. Post 30 of the CP Rachel Video Posting Thread. Thought I'd double post to start fresh as we are now onto Page 50 of the CP Video Posting for the latest videos :)

From Post #492:

A-Cho tourney I read...

[07/11/13] LT (Kikuchiyo) Vs RC (N-O)

[07/11/13] HZ Vs RC (N-O)

[07/11/13] AR (Zagi) Vs RC (N-O)

[07/11/13] LT (Galileo) Vs RC (N-O) Did I get the name right on the right Litchi xD I used a previous video for reference. (Edit: I was right. YAY!)

The CP Video Posting Thread has been checked up to Post #493.

^^^All the videos above have been added to the main Match Ups Post^^^

YAY! I'll be sure to add the others now and get the videos added to the main match ups post.

NOTE: If you see the mark "X" next to video links, they are still ok to watch, it's just a note to myself to say what I've added and not added to the main posts.

From Post #494:

[07/13/13] VK (Kasu) Vs RC (Hanyo) X

[07/13/13] JN (Yanma) Vs RC (Hanyo) X

[07/13/13] NO (Dango) Vs RC (Hanyo) X

Notable Japanese Rachel Player Ranking for this week is up to date (GMT+1: 18:21 07/21/13)

From Post #503:

[07/16/13] RC Vs BA X

[07/16/13] HA Vs RC (N-O) X

[07/16/13] LT Vs RC (N-O) x10 X

[07/16/13] RL Vs RC (N-O) X

[07/16/13] LT Vs RC (N-O) X

[07/16/13] RL Vs RC (N-O) x3 X

[07/16/13] LT Vs RC (N-O) x3 X

Waiting on:

"7/19 GIGAMAC" to get YT links.

From Post #504:

[06/20/13] HA (JUN) Vs RC (Nimu) X

[06/20/13] HZ (Alex) Vs RC (Nimu) X

[06/20/13] NO (Machiya) Vs RC (Nimu) X

[06/20/13] TG (Mato) Vs RC (Nimu) X

[07/20/13] JN (Gocchiman) Vs RC (Bob) X

[07/20/13] AM (Aoi) Vs RC (Bob) X

[07/20/13] HZ (Nanaji) Vs RC (Bob) X

[07/20/13] BA (Peach) Vs RC (Masa) X

[07/20/13] HA (Niiyama) Vs RC (Bob) X

[07/20/13] HA (Niiyama) Vs RC (Masa) X

[07/20/13] BA (Peach) Vs RC (Bob) X

From Post #506:

[?/?/13] HZ Vs RC (Jager) X

From Post #509: (Still waiting)

[06/22/13] NO (Kouya) Vs RC (Tetsuwo) X

[06/22/13] JN (Minami) Vs RC (Tetsuwo) X

[06/22/13] VK (Suya) Vs RC (Kureha) X

[06/22/13] VK (Shiro) Vs RC (Tetsuwo) X

[06/22/13] JN (Ronitta) Vs RC (Tetsuwo) X

Waiting on 2 more Video Parts to check through from Post #509. I will have to keep an eye on these.

From Post #510:

[07/23/13] NO Vs RC (N-O) x2 X

[07/23/13] RL Vs RC (N-O) x2 X

[07/23/13] RG Vs RC (N-O) X

[07/23/13] RL Vs RC (N-O) x6 X

Page 52 onwards of the BBCP Video Posting thread for the latest videos:

NOTE: If you see the mark "X" next to video links, they are still ok to watch, it's just a note to myself to say what I've added and not added to the main posts.

From Post #511:

[07/20/13] TK (Shie) Vs RC (Zero) X

[07/20/13] HZ (Naoya) Vs RC (Zero) X

[07/20/13] HA (Hikage) Vs RC (Zero) X

[07/20/13] BA (Ikegami) Vs RC (Zero) X

[07/20/13] TK (Tamai San) Vs RC (Zero) X

[07/20/13] HA (Ciel) Vs RC (Zero) X

[07/20/13] CA (Kami Ninja) Vs RC (Zero) X

From Post #512:

Waiting on:

"7/27 Sasashima" to get YT links.

Checked up to Post #514 of the BBCP Video Posting Thread.

Lol, those are all like sad versions of CSE fatal combos. I'm hoping the video was made to troll people. :v:

That's why I didn't post it yesterday when I saw it on nico. Her new practical combos are amazing but the swag combos are CS1 tier.

I'll add it to the combo video section anyway. Then it's somewhere for people to look at/back on if they wish to. Still think they could've used the Shinku pallet at least. (edit: added)

I'm not giving up hope. I'm sure there's some trippy swag combos yet to be discovered. Those were cute anyway; they were just hella wind-heavy >_> the last one was sexy up until the grab