Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gamester

[CP] Rachel Video Thread

it could be a few reasons. sesu wasn't using all hits of 3c. getting all 3 hits to hit gives you the most untechable time. l think there was a chart explaining every scenario involving 3c summon oki somewhere in jp. :v:

it could be the gravity change as well. everyone falls faster in this game, which would further emphasise my point above or, hopefully not, make 3c from rollable outside of specific spacing/frame advantage.

3c pumpkin still looks good at least.

I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to happen, I've seen rolls caught with 2A from 3c george a lot before. I think it's the first reason (number of hits on 3C). Also why isn't 5CC oki possible anymore? they tech on the ground afaik.

Sorry I've been gone for a few days. All sorts and whatnot. Anyway it's Sunday and I said I'll try my best to update the Notable Japanese Rachel Player rankings. Also...

[12/27/2012] Ragna (HARA) Vs Rachel (Momoiro)

[12/27/2012] Hakumen (Chibaken) Vs Rachel (Momoiro)

So far... Just waiting on some other nico videos to be put on YT. I'm no good with Nico stuff.

EDIT: I have updated the Notable Japanese Rachel Player rankings, I'll update them every Sunday. Hopefully I have managed to piece the parts together and form the ranking correctly (as of 20:36 GMT+1 time I checked and updated)

I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to happen, I've seen rolls caught with 2A from 3c george a lot before. I think it's the first reason (number of hits on 3C). Also why isn't 5CC oki possible anymore? they tech on the ground afaik.

I feel like I've seen some players use 5CC oki, but it would appear that in most cases, you can follow 5CC with an extra couple hits and end with 3C oki instead.

And the failure to stop Nu's roll looks like it was bad timing/misinput/etc., not a change to Rachel's moves. I wasn't aware that cancelling before the 3rd move was actually a bad thing, either. As far as I knew (or assumed, I suppose), the main downside to cancelling prior to the third move was the potential to cancel late, which would give the opponent enough time to roll tech. Always thought cancelling as soon as any part of 3C hit would afford you the same amount of oki.

I'd investigate that more, but I don't really have time until after New Year's at earliest, and it sounds like the JP players have already done it?

So far... Just waiting on some other nico videos to be put on YT. I'm no good with Nico stuff.

EDIT: I have updated the Notable Japanese Rachel Player rankings, I'll update them every Sunday. Hopefully I have managed to piece the parts together and form the ranking correctly (as of 20:36 GMT+1 time I checked and updated)

Thanks for keeping that updated. :)

Are there any Nico vids in particular that you want pulled and uploaded, or are you just waiting for vids to show up on Youtube?

3C giving less downtime on any hit earlier than the 3rd is surely a hoax. That would make no sense at all.

Oh wait... BlazBlue :9

I believe Nu's forward roll is just that good. I'm sure he could've still catched her with 2A but she would've gotten out of the corner nonetheless (just with some extra damage and potential crossup into the frog afterwards).

Round 2 ending against Nu was so satisfying to watch, I wished barrier wasn't so stupid in BB.

EDIT: My apologies for my late reply Tari though, I'm mainly waiting for videos to be show up on YT than waiting on anything in particular :)

I'll be sure to mention something here if I can't access something Nico related though.

Page 17 stuff

[12/22/2012] Azrael (Yamada) Vs Rachel (Tamio)

[12/22/2012] Platinum (Nanaki) Vs Rachel (Tamio)

[12/15/2012] Rachel (Akuzan) Vs Noel (Mare)

[12/26/2012] Bullet (BloodRayne) Vs Rachel (Momyori)

[12/26/2012] Platinum Vs Rachel (Momyori)

Page 18 stuff onwards:

[12/22/2012] Hakumen (Camellia) Vs Rachel (Namahamu)

There might be something to the idea that frog oki is different since I saw the Haku in that video try to wakeup 3C during frog oki, which nobody in their right mind would normally do unless he thought he could hit her somehow. This one that is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnx16T5pOow&feature=youtu.be

1:15

EDIT: My apologies for my late reply Tari though, I'm mainly waiting for videos to be show up on YT than waiting on anything in particular :)

I'll be sure to mention something here if I can't access something Nico related though.

Alright, just making sure. :P

There might be something to the idea that frog oki is different since I saw the Haku in that video try to wakeup 3C during frog oki, which nobody in their right mind would normally do unless he thought he could hit her somehow. This one that is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnx16T5pOow&feature=youtu.be

1:15

Honestly, I'm thinking the Haku was just making silly mistakes. Maybe he meant to counter instead of slash or something? The Haku player teched in the middle of George trying to electrocute him. There's absolutely no way you'd be able to 3C there.

Speaking of things not making sense, why the fuck does Haku's counter still work on Sword Iris/projectiles? =.=

Speaking of things not making sense, why the fuck does Haku's counter still work on Sword Iris/projectiles? =.=

im not understanding your confusion.

Hakumens drive is just blockable it never lost the ability to counter projectiles and the like.

[??/??/??] Rachel Vs Izayoi

[??/??/??] Rachel Vs Nu-13

[12/22/2012] Rachel (Momoiro) Vs Ragna (HARA)

[12/21/2012] Rachel (ARiSA) Vs Hakumen (Fuwahiyo)

[12/21/2012] Rachel (ARiSA) Vs Bullet (Jamuwo)

[12/21/2012] Rachel (ARiSA) Vs Tager (Yumura)

[12/31/2012] Rachel (Sumairi) Vs Tager (Ruta)

[12/31/2012] Tsubaki (Asuyama) Vs Rachel (Jager)

[12/31/2012] Azrael (Reisuke) Vs Rachel (Jager)

[12/31/2012] Ragna (?) Vs Rachel (Jager)

The above is from Page 18 of the CP Video Posting Thread.

Onto Page 19 of the CP Video Posting Thread next. --

Nice combo video there. I was also wondering why it was taking forever for Rachel to get one xD

[01/01/2013] Hakumen Vs Rachel (Tenkyo?) Note: I am sure I heard the commentator say Tenkyo so I put in the question mark just to show I ain't got a clue about Japanese xD I am sure about the date though.

[01/01/2013] Hakumen Vs Rachel (Tenkyo?)

I'll update those Notable Japanese Player rankings if the site isn't down to maintenance...

EDIT: I have updated the Notable Japanese Rachel Player Rankings for this week. (01/06/2013 and the time of update was GMT+1 20:10)

(I swear I'm going to end up doing DD/MM/YY at some point by accidently, got to keep double and triple checking what I've typed xD

I'm getting my years mixed up with my days and my days mixed up with my months and the same can be said about the months themselves for both years and days.)

Hopefully more videos soon anyway :)

[01/06/2013] Rachel (Rin Hime) Vs Takeyama (Noel)

[01/06/2013] Rachel (Rin Hime) Vs Ryuusei (Jin) No Carl :(

[01/06/2013] Rachel (Rin Hime) Vs Hikaru (Hakumen)

[01/06/2013] Rachel (Rin Hime) Vs Satoru (Ragna)

[01/06/2013] Rachel (Rin Hime) Vs Yuuto (Taokaka)

Edit: Sorry for multiple edits, I was trying to get time stamps working.

No problem with multiple editing :)

[01/04/2013] Rachel (Ebihara) Vs Tsubaki

[01/04/2013] Hakumen Vs Rachel (Ebihara) (Continued)

[01/04/2013] Jin (GOLD) Vs Rachel (Ebihara)

[01/05/2013] Rachel (Short-Sighted) Vs Mu Note: Part Match

[01/05/2013] Makoto Vs Rachel

EDIT: All of the above has now been included.

Page 20 stuff onwards next:

That is some godlike keepaway. BTW Rachel matches start at 1:34:17 until the end of the video mostly vs Hakumen and some Litchi at the end.