Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaiAndOh

Guilty Madness - High Stakes Guilty Gear Results!

DaiAndOh, thank you sir for running this tournament and starting the pot bonus hype train. You put a ton of time and money in this and I as well as the rest of NE appreciate it.

Drew: GGs taking me out in tourney and MM

Steve H.: You're Ky is too good.

Iora: GGs. Basic Baiken advice: Heavyslash moves are dangerous in pressure strings. Baikens are made for throwing.

Greek: Nice to meet you. I thought I had you in the 3rd game but you did a wonderful job adapting and almost ran it back. Baikens are made for throwing.

RIl: Good to see you again. I enjoyed watching your casuals vs Steve H. Millia mixups are mighty fine.

Also shoutouts to all the peeps I haven't seen in years and to Vyers for having one of the most epic matches EVER with me on stream (shoutouts to 3/5 btw :-p), can't wait to play you again soon at NEC man. Too strong.

I have this bad habit of losing the count when I get too focused, apologies if I came across as trying to sneak an ill-gotten victory. Our match was a lot of fun. I value your commitment to Ino, for she is a character so rarely seen.

A3Religion: GGs. I need to get my TK youzansen, and anti-tick skills back.

Asian Dave/ Dave Chen: I didn't think you were coming, glad you made it!

Ensenga: I havn't seen you in forever. You might find it amusing that my Trenchcoat is actually a remnant of an old Johnny Cosplay. Maybe some tourney I'll bring it back.

Star Demon: I hope you found our conversation insightful. If you have any questions about Baiken stuff drop me a pm and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

St!ickBuG: Holy fuck did you level up.

Mahouko: You're Bridget was the hypest part of this tournament. I regret that we didn't play. Bring back the cosplay.

Thanks to DaiAndOh Brokentier Nazgul and Sogos for building the giant pot snowball.

I think we had a record number of Johnny's at GM, saw at least 4. I bet you're all pumped for the fixes in AC R.

I'm very glad to see so many people getting into/ back into GG now that the new ports are out, but I'm sad at the problems they present. It feels like there is a speed/lag difference between PS2/PS3/360 versions. I wish there was only one system used like in the previous generation. Also, fuck Sony of America.

Apologies to everyone (mostly NE) exposed to Vyers' brand salt.

Star Demon: I hope you found our conversation insightful. If you have any questions about Baiken stuff drop me a pm and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

TBH - It was a lot to absorb that day and I think I've forgotten most of the details. (Arcade impossible to have a discussion in) I had fought a good spread of people waaay better than me that day, and a lot of things I've never been exposed to.

For myself, between february this year when I first went to NL and September I wanted as many new tools as possible, and it's helped a lot, but after seeing and playing some people at full power level I think I need to go back and work on execution and get a lot of experience, because it's killing me. There's so much knowledge in this game, and I can see the execution barrier is getting close to KOF now. The more I play the game, the more I realize how little I have a handle on.

PSN release can't come soon enough. I really need to constantly play good people, even if it's only netplay.

I appreciate you talking with me, though. I'll definitely send you PMs when I have questions.

Hey guys! Me and drew had a good time, thanks to all the rad people we met!

Quick question, do we know what tv's/how much lag ect is on the tv, and how to get a good tv for this game? We were both missing RC's!, so I think we have a serious TV lag issue back at our place. Is there a guide for this sorta thing. Thanks again everyone!

Hey guys! Me and drew had a good time, thanks to all the rad people we met!

Quick question, do we know what tv's/how much lag ect is on the tv, and how to get a good tv for this game? We were both missing RC's!, so I think we have a serious TV lag issue back at our place. Is there a guide for this sorta thing. Thanks again everyone!

Hey Destin good seeing you again man! For lagless tv's we use ASUS brand monitors. The standard for tournaments is model VH236H. Like $169.99 from Amazon. It's 1080p plus completely lag-free. Only downside is that they don't come larger than 24'', but it is a no brainier for competitive gaming.

Hey Destin good seeing you again man! For lagless tv's we use ASUS brand monitors. The standard for tournaments is model VH236H. Like $169.99 from Amazon. It's 1080p plus completely lag-free. Only downside is that they don't come larger than 24'', but it is a no brainier for competitive gaming.

Perfect! Thanks for the update!

GG Community is the best; sorry I couldn't enter, but next time I will for sure.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand..........

Shoutouts to A2........................GOLD

:vbang: GGs, especially Rolling mirrors.

I feel that a tournament like this was really needed, and I'm glad to have been a part of it. It was really refreshing to have a tournament dedicated to Guilty Gear. I've really missed there being competition like that for this game.

Thanks to everyone who showed up, to Min and Team Sp00ky for providing the stream, to everyone who helped commentate, to DaiAndOh and everyone who helped to run the tournament, to Next Level for providing a great space for the event, and to all those who donated to the pot bonus.

It was good to see so many players that I haven't run into in so long, and to meet some new ones as well. I hope to see you at NEC!

<3 Guilty Gear!

Hollllly shit chaz. Drew just got a low lag monitor, the difference is Unbelievable! Good call! It's like a different game. We were practicing on molasses.

Haha it seems a lot of veteran players came out for this (most of who I'm clueless about). Decided to go full-fledged GG head once +R becomes available all thanks to this event.

Anyhow

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxd-2FxFQ75rGHFsT5Soa1YeR0T3RHxr3&feature=plcp

^^ TeamSpooky stream playlist for anyone who wants to watch themselves pop-off/get blown up/put others on blast.

Haha it seems a lot of veteran players came out for this (most of who I'm clueless about). Decided to go full-fledged GG head once +R becomes available all thanks to this event.

Anyhow

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxd-2FxFQ75rGHFsT5Soa1YeR0T3RHxr3&feature=plcp

^^ TeamSpooky stream playlist for anyone who wants to watch themselves pop-off/get blown up/put others on blast.

Holy crap it actually worked. We got a new player! kinda.

Make it three. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped make the event awesome. I was the ABA player with the green beanie and the orange shirt. This was my first tournament and even though i got blown up it was a lot of fun. i'm definitely gonna make it out anytime you guys have events. Gonna keep leveling up and next time i'll make a better effort to say whats good and get more games in!

Sweet NEWBLOOD!!!!!!!

I am finally not the new guy?

In other news some of my friend want to pick up guilty now?? oh my goodness