Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CP] Iron Tager Video Thread

I heard CT can be used in combos after 2C, which would be great, cause colider kinda sucks now, unless you are with your back towards the corner. I have seen some Tagers use CT outside of combos, to get a free 360 on guard crushed opponents.

Alright, cool. I was thinking 6A (with its seemingly faster armor startup) might be a nice reaction to Bullets who like to hop in the air and threaten with their circle-o-pain. I'd kinda feel like a chump if that always just forced me to go on the defensive.

Im guessing it really is faster now since all of a sudden Yummura is using 6A by itself alot now in his newest videos, when it was hardly ever used before cuz it was so slow.

I've seen Tager combo with CT, did like 3.5-4k midscreen and added magnetism midway.

Here's to hoping that in exchange for faster startup that they didn't increase the frame at which SA is active to so called balance things out.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that the faster startup can only mean that the super armor also acitvates faster. It certainly looks that way, from everything I've seen so far.

6A might actually be a legit tool outisde of combos now. Not perfect, but definitely moreso than before.

That RC Collider combo was beautiful, 3.8K + lots of magnetism for 50 heat, I think that's great.

The buffed 6A is a godsend, imo. Faster start-up, SA frames activate earlier *and* its attack level has been increased? This move does everything now. The mix up after it is incredibly strong now as well, between cancelling it into 360+A or going for a high low mix up with 6B/3C. Or you can just make it safe with 4D, which is probably a true string now with the increased attack level on 6A. Yumura even showed how if you space it properly, you can use to make your opponent's Counter Assault whiff. CP Tager is the best interation of the character.

is 6A jump cancellable now? i remember hearing about it some times ago, but never got an official information on it. i don't remember seeing it in action, so i'm thinking it's not, but a man can dream.

is 6A jump cancellable now? i remember hearing about it some times ago, but never got an official information on it. i don't remember seeing it in action, so i'm thinking it's not, but a man can dream.

It's legit. There seems to be a general preference towards 6B jump cancels though when you can do them.

Here's to hoping that in exchange for faster startup that they didn't increase the frame at which SA is active to so called balance things out.
I think it is worth reminding people that it currently (in extend) an unheld 6A doesn't get armor until it can hit them, so it would be really really weird to speed up the move and put the armor in the middle of the active frames of the move.

6A's armor is kinda a joke because it takes super long to show up and loses to way too many things even when it is there. Certainly a far cry from hammer fall. (I normally hate comparing to Potemkin, but GG is like all I'm playing these days)

I'm so happy that 6A has jump cancel again that I don't even give a fuck about the super armor.

6A jump cancel? I thought they removed it during loctesting.

I never seen the jump cancel used either.

Changed first post...boom now it is like how the rest of dustloop should look.

Jump canceling 6A would be pretty strong imo. I know we could use more tools, but i don't think arcsys want to give Tager too much tools, considering they don't want him to be too strong.

It's not too strong by itself but he has super armor on it still.
I know this is video posting only, but I gotta disagree. JC on 6A was amazing even before he had any armor. I thought about it as equivalent to JC on Pot's close and far Slash, it let you decide really far into a blockstring that you wanted to stop. It also made the mixup lots better because you could use the JC to special cancel super late.

What Mike Z said.

In CS1 when 6A could go into both JC and 4D, JC was (IMO) the better option for ending a blockstring. While 6A > 4D has value as an airtight blockstring and being +0, it doesn't give Tager any way of baiting reversals with 6A. To elaborate, 4D is +0 on both block and hit, and it magnetizes either way. The only difference in a non-CH 4D is a little bit of damage. 6A > 4D can't ever CH someone even when they're mashing, because it doesn't allow any moves to come out. What this meant for characters like Ragna/Makoto/Mu/etc. was that they could get out of every 6A > mixup attempt by mashing DP. If the Tager did 6A > 4D instead, they ate the 4D. If Tager tried to go for mixup, he ate the DP. Therefore, there is almost no reason for them NOT to mash DP, because the only consequence is a little bit of damage from a non-CH 4D. (I remember talking about all of this in another thread a while back, but I can't be bothered to find it.)

Jump cancel on 6A was the only way to keep these characters honest. Losing that meant losing mixups off 6A.

Touche.

I forgot how good it really was, then again I had some annoying experiences with jump cancels so I saw less value in than I should have.

In case anyone was wondering, LOVEMAX's full name reads Aino Tager (after Aino Heart, an Arcana Heart character. 'LOVE MAX!!' also fits this theme.)

That easily-readable subtitle won't be there forever (he changes it off and on), so if nothing else remember the name and the combination of complex kanji, jagged kanji and then ていがぁ/Tager.

Finished updating the thread.

Ragna, Jin, Tager, Mu, Tao, Bang, Bullet, Azrael,Amane, Platinum, and relius done.

One good thing for Tager is that it appears that we can sledge through all of Amanes drills including those drills still connected to his body.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=11WAIaSd8Dk#t=8m47s

I miss jump cancel 6A a lot, but I just jump cancel 5B now to continue pressure, although the gap is bigger now obviously.

well you at least can jump cancel 6B now

Yeah I was really happy about that.

Also changed thread again so vids are in order of newest being at the top in the collapse code.

I will add new next time I update (Kinda screwed up not adding them before) since Chariot likes to update videos really late.

A few vids got player name updates too.

I also am sure I missed a few matches too but I can't find them and I am too tired to as well.