Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CP] Iron Tager Video Thread

One good thing for Tager is that it appears that we can sledge through all of Amanes drills including those drills still connected to his body.

I was gonna bring this up but I thought it was common knowledge. :3

I really hate fighting Amane.

In case anyone was wondering, LOVEMAX's full name reads Aino Tager (after Aino Heart, an Arcana Heart character. 'LOVE MAX!!' also fits this theme.)

That easily-readable subtitle won't be there forever (he changes it off and on), so if nothing else remember the name and the combination of complex kanji, jagged kanji and then ていがぁ/Tager.

Thanks, I think I am gonna keep LOVEMAX the same since he changes his name...that and I it's a pain remembering the complex Kanji's appearance.

I was gonna bring this up but I thought it was common knowledge. :3

I really hate fighting Amane.

I wasn't sure if you can sledge the drills attacked to his body, this makes me feel a bit better now.

Since the release of CP I haven't seen any of Akira's matches

Is he still playing?

With the exception of yumura, all of the veteran pro EX Tager players are probably trying to figure out everything new about CP Tager off camera first before they go public. All of the other tagers seen so far have seem to have been all new/beginner players.

I don't he has a bigger hit box on either. With 5b azrael was doing a move that extends his hurt box so yeah he got hit by the foot. Now if this were say Jin or litchi then I'd be like whoa...it hit that far. In case I ammistaken though.....that does sound exciting.

I was shocked in a recent match vs Litchi I saw. She was pretty damn high in the air after being juggled by 5B, and 5C still connected. So the box might have been extended upward, at least.

I was shocked in a recent match vs Litchi I saw. She was pretty damn high in the air after being juggled by 5B, and 5C still connected. So the box might have been extended upward, at least.

Litchi's hitbox is weird in the air, I seem to remember there was some weird things you could do in most games against her.

I admire that guy's ability to block all that shit and not rage 720.

Yeah I agree. He plays almost exactly the same as I USED to before I stopped playing and became just another bad habit Tager. T_T Now I can't even block a simple mixup anymore.

Hey guys remember those GF > RC > (AC) barely abused during CS-EX, how about if they were 5 times easier (or more interesting)?

BBCP Tager's New Catapult Gimmicks Uploaded by Heartlessprinny

Original source:http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19771264

::nosebleed::

Did the old AC trick throw them up THAT high? I don't remember if they went up high enough to where they couldn't even see you.

Obviously AC flinger didn't give us that many options as to which direction we fling them. This is magnificent.

Imagine just wasting a bunch of time on purpose, jumping up and pulling them back into the air constantly.

::nosebleed::

Did the old AC trick throw them up THAT high? I don't remember if they went up high enough to where they couldn't even see you.

Obviously AC flinger didn't give us that many options as to which direction we fling them. This is magnificent.

Imagine just wasting a bunch of time on purpose, jumping up and pulling them back into the air constantly.

They could, but if you did the minimum on mag sometimes they floated a lot lower. Higher was preferred because it gave ambiguous cross ups.

Bet you a dollar that you can't waste that much time because of landing recovery and downward momentum being to great to get relaunches reliably.

AC didn't give more options, it just gave 1 that so far seems to be better than all of these unless there's something in that moonspeak that is really cool.

AC didn't give more options, it just gave 1 that so far seems to be better than all of these unless there's something in that moonspeak that is really cool.
Looks to me like this is a lot easier to not screw up and accidentally make the flinging move combo, which puts it above the Collider version for me already. That and if you do combo it you get a Buster which will probably get air teched into another air Buster pull attempt, which seems better than 200 dmg and the free escape that accidentally messing up Collider got you.

On top of that, you can jump in different directions, getting you different trajectories off the air driver pull. Maybe they all boil down to the same mixup/crossup once they land, but honestly anything that makes your opponent wonder harder about what the hell you're doing is a plus in my book. Also positioning options might be important in certain cases.

I don't think difficulty is something you measure with so much priority when looking at the quality of something, unless you don't aspire to be very good. Nerfing any aspect of Tager in order to make him easier to play is moving in the wrong direction.

They don't have to worry about anything till they touch the ground (except purple throws which are y'know purple throws) and they get to see Everything you are doing until they get there.

It is pretty much just resetting the GF mix up half the time. I think it is a little suspicious to imply that 2B is an acceptable mix up to a non purple 360B in those situations as well. Barring any changes in hittable/throwable properties, that should be a higher risk mix up than GF is. Some of them might be neat to get 2B as a low with better proration than 5A, but that's 50 heat for a slightly different mix up that can't get That much more damage.

Sure it'll drive people nuts for a month and you'll bust up Even More scrubs and new players, but that isn't the kind of Tech Tager needs.