Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CP] Iron Tager Video Thread

You claim that AC flinger's single effect is better than all the driver flinger options, but I'm not really sure I see how that is. Like I said, they all end with them landing and you doing a mixup. What's the difference there?

Also, in almost every example in that video, they flew up so far that they couldn't see what Tager was doing. Sure I guess they can make some guesses based on the camera movement, but they certainly couldn't see everything he was doing.

You claim that AC flinger's single effect is better than all the driver flinger options, but I'm not really sure I see how that is. Like I said, they all end with them landing and you doing a mixup. What's the difference there?

Also, in almost every example in that video, they flew up so far that they couldn't see what Tager was doing. Sure I guess they can make some guesses based on the camera movement, but they certainly couldn't see everything he was doing.

The difference was that AC fling was Super ambiguous because they land on top of you and pick a side really late in the fall.

The reason I think it isn't as good is because with the sound off and without particularly trying I was able to tell, before landing, which side Tager would be on for the entire video. The only ones that were kinda close were the bsledge ones ('m not convinced the non-cross up option is as good as with AC), and the one on rachel, which seems to be rachel specific.

Just sayin' first glance I don't see how it could be better than a super ambiguous cross up.

It is pretty much just resetting the GF mix up half the time.

This is completely wrong. Don't be so quick to write off tech you haven't personally tried, it sounds like you didn't even watch the whole video :rolleyes:

Driver flinger gives Tager a five-way mix up that puts you firmly in control. Since every fling is uniform in length, you can devise frame perfect set-ups for cross-ups, empty jump lows, etc. If you've played SF4 Zangief, you know how strong his options are off 360+K. Look at the B-Buster at 6:10. Who's going to avoid that if you train your opponent to expect safe jump cross-ups? This is classic grappler oki. Classic grappler oki will never be bad, in the same way Ryu fireball traps from 1991 are still winning tournaments today.

Has decent corner carry too, lol.

That's an excellent observation, it seems obvious but I hadn't thought of driver flinger in that way.

Also keep in mind that Gadget Finger had its heat gain buffed to 10 (from 5 IIRC), and Tager's heat gain in general is very high. He'll be able to driver fling quite often.

I think that's down to player execution...

You're right, you need a particular kind of driver fling, and you need to be very precise. If your timing is off and there's a gap in your set-up, your opponent will be able to DP their way out of the mix-up. This is something I'm very used to as an SF4 player; grinding out hours in training mode, perfecting my set ups. I think that's what it'll take to play Tager at high level in CP. He has so many gaps in his game, as all Tager players can attest to, and having true oki in a game without oki is worth practicing.

DPs aren't active on the first frame; Ragna's DP has 7F of start up, and becomes active on the eigth. If your opponent is knocked down and you jump in on them, timing your attack so that it hits them during this 7F window, you will land and block their reversal safely. If they choose to wake up blocking, your j.B will connect with their guard. They could escape with DP > RC, but you still win that exchange because you force your opponent to burn 50 Heat. Many players quickly realize it's not worth the risk of a wake up DP when you prove to them your safe jumps are consistent. They do require tight timing, but I plan on grinding them out until they become second nature.

In a safe jump situation, you can beat DP RC with a simple OS, do your safe jump with jB~44~5A~anything. If they try to go for DP, you'll backdash and the DP will whiff so they won't be able to RC it, if they block the jB 5A comes out and you go on from there.

In a safe jump situation, you can beat DP RC with a simple OS, do your safe jump with jB~44~5A~anything. If they try to go for DP, you'll backdash and the DP will whiff so they won't be able to RC it, if they block the jB 5A comes out and you go on from there.

How would you go about buffering that? Do you buffer the backdash during the j.b or just string it all together?

How would you go about buffering that? Do you buffer the backdash during the j.b or just string it all together?

During the j.B if i've understood correctly, the hitstop of the j.b will stop the backdash since you won't have landed by then, but if it whiffs through the invuln on a dp then the backdash happens. The timing seems awfully tight though.

You're right the timing is quite tight against Ragna but i think learning it can be very usefull, especially as in CP it looks like you can get some new safejump setups.

So like you said you do 44 during the jB animation right before landing when jB whiffs, it takes a little practice as if you do it too soon the backdash won't come out, and if they block the jB hitstop will delay your landing and then 5A will come out instead of backdash.

Well overdrive is probably fast enough to recover before the backdash, but i think the backdash wouldn't come out thanks to the screen freeze of the overdrive that will delay your landing even more than jB hitstop, actually the buffered move shouldn't even come out i think looking how long the freeze is.

Well overdrive is probably fast enough to recover before the backdash, but i think the backdash wouldn't come out thanks to the screen freeze of the overdrive that will delay your landing even more than jB hitstop, actually the buffered move shouldn't even come out i think looking how long the freeze is.
I mean, they get the super flash, see the backdash and then punish the backdash.

He hypothesizes that the Overdrive's super flash would be too long to even trigger the OS, but at this point we can't know for sure. Either one of you could be right, both of you are making plausible arguments.

some great play from tiku and yumura

tiku wins the tournament

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYTQWIjXQfI&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaUQEbxVCNI&feature=youtu.be

yumura running a train on everyone in casuals http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ8uUlDK8Os&feature=youtu.be

yumura defeats NU and MU to win latest chariot tournament http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJobRo4c8fU&feature=youtu.be

highlights from yumura include many airbuster tech traps, Gadget Air Flinger in action, and hakumans counter dont work against 5C anymore lol. Also i forgot to mention yummura does some of the greatest runbacks i have ever seen!

Tournament of Tager beats everyone! Yumura and Akizuki team defeats the team of Buppa hazama and Shadow Azreal to win the Kasunagi 2on2 Tournament

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4KDs5w8uUQ&feature=youtu.be

Tager has been winning so many tournament or ranked battles lately.

Also two great matches from Grandia. Great use of air driver against Tao and gets a really nice combo with a perfect on ragna

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg3PIe8RFYo&feature=youtu.be#t=3:14