Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CP] Tsubaki Yayoi Video Compilation (Updated 4/1/14)

Tsubaki's actually one of the characters that can handle Noel's drives pretty well in Extend. 6A and 6C both have head, body, and foot property, so they both beat out 2D and 4D entirely. It's also easy to set up either of those moves as a meaty if you do 3CC as a combo ender.

BBCP Noel's 4D lost head invulnerability, so she doesn't have any options against meaty jump-ins anymore. Just have to adjust to losing 6A and 6C having all 3 properties (both are only body property now). 2D also lost a lot of its utility too, since it's slower and goes way higher so its use as a reversal is probably close to non-existent (which makes throwing Noel on her wakeup that much stronger now). Noel players will get most of their use out of 4D at neutral, or mashing out during predictable blockstrings. Both of which have a good solution: don't be predictable. On Noel's wakeup, doing meaty 5CC will actually beat 4D if you time it properly. The first 5C whiffs, then you just chain into 5CC and it hits 4D before its active frames. You really just have to get on in her, which isn't that terribly hard to do.

1. I don't like using 6a. if it doesn't hit quickly enough, 2d can end up dodging it.

2. throw already beats every drive on noel's wakeup, including 2d, good option for characters that have less ways of dealing with drives than tsubaki

3. don't be predictable is, well.. yeah. But you can only reduce how much you get hit, not eliminate it (of course, as it should be).

4. 5c>2c>6c OS to beat either for a big punish on either

7/21 a-cho

Tsubaki vs Litchi | Part 2

Tsubaki vs Bullet

Arakune vs Tsubaki | Part 2 - To End

Ragna vs Tsubaki | Part 2

I feel like this Tsubaki could've baited more DPs and punished accordingly, but it's not bad. At 57:58 the player uses an alternative combo to the 3CC FC combo I have listed. He uses: 3CC FC > 5C > 2CC > CT > 6CC > 214B > 5C > 2CC > j.C > dj.CC > j.214B which deals 4337 damage, but I suspect this one is easier than doing 6CC > IAD j.CC > 5C > 2C, so I'll list it. It would've helped if the player used the command grab more during pressure.

Woop~

Konan DP'ed like a crazy person and didn't get punished for it most of the time thanks to j.236D it seems.

The same would apply to the 236x use (valk is the exception). Great games. Konan could've have beaten Zekuso if he went for the IAD combo at 3:18, but Zekuso was a little too high when he was hit with the followup 5C.

i also wondered if he couldn't tack a DD on there. it's konan so I would assume he didn't because he couldn't? really, have we lost tacking on DDs? I didn't think so..

Same here. IAD combo > 236B > 214B > 22B (whiff) > DD would work.

i have noted kuresu not doing a tack-on DD in recent matches where I thought it would kill too though, soooooooooooo......

i have noted kuresu not doing a tack-on DD in recent matches where I thought it would kill too though, soooooooooooo......

It'd be REALLY weird if we lost the ability to tack on 236236D, since it's actually one of the fastest moves in the game. @_@ (In fact, offhand, I can't think of anything that's faster than 5 frames.)

Puzzling.

i know I've seen it

I've even seen ender > 6c> DD recently.

Which I've only seen once in CP I believe.

7/26 Tachikawa

Protos (NU) vs Kuresu

7/23

Miuchisen (TS) vs Tager | Part 2

Now, there are two other parts, but I'm not uploading them as there wasn't anything interesting there and the Tsubaki player pretty much plays the same. Overall the Tsubaki plays pretty risky against the Tager with those blockstrings. You can see how the player got thrown out of it a few times, but the Tager is quite committed in blocking so he didn't suffer too much. Part 1 also has no sound, that's how it was.

In part 2, things get a little more interesting. At 4:19 the Tsubaki player uses a standard combo into 236D, and then dash - command grab as the Tager techs. It's pretty standard stuff, remember how we could use throws or 6A after 236D? Well, the command grab is just another option after a 236D. At 4:27 the Tsubaki uses this corner combo: 5BB > 5CC > 22D > 6C > CT > 6BB > 22D max charge > 6C and then command grabs as the Tager techs and lands. It works because of the SMP inflicted by the use of 2 6Cs & 22Ds. Both these setups lose to no tech ofc. This setup actually gives a whole load of stuff that you can experiment with, like CT setups air unblockable setups (will need RC), and possibly even 22D FC setups.

The Tsubaki player is on the right track with some combos and seems a little gimmicky but that's all really.

Now that I think about it, would the use of the 2nd 6C force tech? If it does....

7/30 Ampira

Hazama vs Tsubaki

At 6:17, the Tsubaki player confirms that corner 2B > 5CC > 236B > 214B > 22B > 5D > 5C > 2CC > 236C > 5A > 5C > 2CC > j.C > dj.CC > j.214B works. That's real good because I didn't think that much could be done from a 2B starter, then again the P1 of 2B did increase from 80 - 90. However, it seems a little demanding with hitconfirm, because 2BB > 5CC may kill that combo.

At 13:47, the player uses the Blade Super into a CT setup. Simple enough, and the player was correct in following up with 6C because that seems like the best option after a guard crush.

18:16, not really sure how I feel about the 6B > CT blockstring. It doesn't have that much significance but it does seem like a good way to attempt to use CT since players tend to mash after a 6B, or even try to jump out. If they're in the corner and they try to jump out, and you catch them with CT, you'll be able to do things like 6C > full charge 22D.

The player is also making good use of the ....214B > 22B > 5D > 5C > 2CC > j.C > dj.CC > j.214B combos that were showcased in Araiki's combo movie Cinderella. You'll also notice that corner 5BB > 5CC > 236B > 214B > 22B > 5D > 5D > 2CC > 236C > 5A > 5C > 2CC > j.C > dj.CC > j.214B and corner back throw > 236B > 214B > 22B > 5D > 5C > 2CC > j.C > dj.CC > j.214B work. Unfortunately I can't see the damage very well.

Kiba, combo length isn't determined by proration values anymore. You can do the same combos off of 2B>5CC as you can 5B>5CC and 6A>5CC.

Kiba must of had a brain fart. Like Reptar said it's Starter and SMP that matter the length.

Kiba, combo length isn't determined by proration values anymore. You can do the same combos off of 2B>5CC as you can 5B>5CC and 6A>5CC.

So how about that 2bb > 5cc confirm then?

that is a long combo so 2bb will probably kill it anyway. are we really talking about it being hard to confirm off of 3 normal hits though,..

that is a long combo so 2bb will probably kill it anyway. are we really talking about it being hard to confirm off of 3 normal hits though,..

Allow me to clarify.

The combo is not hard to confirm from 3 hits as you stated. However, 2B > 5CC may prove to be a difficult hit confirm, just like 5B > 5CC. In Extend, if I could hitconfirm corner 5B > 5CC > 22C, then I'd always do it because it allows for 6CC, but I don't expect 5B to hit and I end up using 5B > 2B, 5BB etc. Now normally, you would not expect 2B to hit grounded opponents, but if it does, you may end up doing 2BB > 5CC, or even 2BB > 5BB, both of which would kill that outlined combo.

Of course I am not making a big deal out of this. If you did manage to do 2BB > 5CC then the followup ...214B > 22B > 5D > 5C > 2CC > air combo would suffice, but I am pointing out that a better combo can be achieved with a harder confirm.

I thought Tsubaki lost the 2B > 5B gatling in CP. That would be a no go.

WTF?

man those gatling tables also say that 2b>2c isn't possible

also in EX.

I'm gonna have to find a new way to punish rolls for tomorrow, what I was doing yesterday is not possible.

WTF?

man those gatling tables also say that 2b>2c isn't possible

also in EX.

...wow. Thank you for pointing that out. I've gotten round to it.

7/30 Ampira

Hazama vs Tsubaki

At 6:17, the Tsubaki player confirms that corner 2B > 5CC > 236B > 214B > 22B > 5D > 5C > 2CC > 236C > 5A > 5C > 2CC > j.C > dj.CC > j.214B works. That's real good because I didn't think that much could be done from a 2B starter, then again the P1 of 2B did increase from 80 - 90. However, it seems a little demanding with hitconfirm, because 2BB > 5CC may kill that combo.

At 13:47, the player uses the Blade Super into a CT setup. Simple enough, and the player was correct in following up with 6C because that seems like the best option after a guard crush.

18:16, not really sure how I feel about the 6B > CT blockstring. It doesn't have that much significance but it does seem like a good way to attempt to use CT since players tend to mash after a 6B, or even try to jump out. If they're in the corner and they try to jump out, and you catch them with CT, you'll be able to do things like 6C > full charge 22D.

The player is also making good use of the ....214B > 22B > 5D > 5C > 2CC > j.C > dj.CC > j.214B combos that were showcased in Araiki's combo movie Cinderella. You'll also notice that corner 5BB > 5CC > 236B > 214B > 22B > 5D > 5D > 2CC > 236C > 5A > 5C > 2CC > j.C > dj.CC > j.214B and corner back throw > 236B > 214B > 22B > 5D > 5C > 2CC > j.C > dj.CC > j.214B work. Unfortunately I can't see the damage very well.

that tsubaki played well learned some new things too though i kinda liked the idea of command throw RC into 2C though he didn't do much with it i think there's some potential setups with it he did it at this point just something to make her a bit more threatening