Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CP] Tsubaki Yayoi Video Compilation (Updated 4/1/14)

I don't really think it's fair to say "Oh, you're not a top player!" just because he made some questionable decisions.

I didn't say this. I just said I'm on the fence on whether he should be on the notable player list or not.

Edit: put him back there.

Arakune matches aren't the finest measuring stick anyway. :P

I wasn't measuring him based on that one match. A small scope of analysis like that really renders its validity. I just pointed out some things that you guys would want to acknowledge y'know. I have watched all of Pikuri's videos and my conclusion is this: He has nice combos and his pressure is decent. His hit confirms are also really good but he has a reliance on 3C which works for him sometimes. Ronitta was the only player iirc to properly punish him for the times he used it. Some of his DPs are questionable too but there is no doubt that he has gotten better overtime, with the Arkaune and Arc Revo matches being his best ones IMO. I have always been indecisive about where he stands. Like I said, I'm constantly on the fence, but I'm looking forward to more matches.

I didn't say this. I just said I'm on the fence on whether he should be on the notable player list or not.

I think you can save yourself a bit of a headache by remembering that "notable" is not the same as "super duper good". If there's something to be learned from this player, even if it's just combos, then they are 'notable'.

I think you can save yourself a bit of a headache by remembering that "notable" is not the same as "super duper good".

I am aware of this. After all, Spinoza is on the list.

If there's something to be learned from this player, even if it's just combos, then they are 'notable'.

The notable player list serves as a guide. People ask questions such as 'who are other players I should look out for besides X (Konan for example)? This is an example of where the notable player list comes in. It does not mean that players should not and can't watch other players. For example, Tomo is decent and it wouldn't hurt to watch him. You can learn stuff from most videos that are shown here, and because of that, with your logic it looks like to me that you can add most of the Tsubaki players to the notable player list, which would be silly! That means I should add: Kin Pika, Tomo, Norisuke, Tsubakichi and Purepure! You don't seem to understand so I'll say this. The players are not on the list for the simple reason that they are not as good as the 5 notable players. There's not even a lot of footage of these players so it wouldn't make any sense to have someone down who only has one video (or very very few). I thought this sort of thing was common knowledge, but anyway, I don't see much point to continue this. I will say no more.

It's like why would I watch Americans for Starcraft Brood War when I can watch Koreans!

Also not to be nitpicky but I think this has gotten kind of hand.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21826783

very interesting stuff in here

Youtube: Yukki (TS) vs Hazama

Nice to see Yukki. The main thing he does is the j.236A (> delay > j.214A) in the corner to create oki with the fireball. You can see the first glimpse at 2:59. At 10:40 he uses the setup into a crush trigger (which is a nice time to use it outside of combos btw), and at 14:48 he uses it into 6A. Kin pika used this setup in his video too but without the j.214x followup. You get an idea of the kind of mixup you can implement with this setup. The j.236A fireball has 16f of blockstun so if you want to opt for the command grab you'd probably have to wait a little longer (about 0.25 seconds - corrected), you can't use it immediately otherwise it'll become a purple grab.

At 6:08 he uses 5B > IAD j.214B > RC and return to the P2 side, hitting with 5C in the process. I bet if you RC'd a little later, you could remain on the same side, providing you with that kind of crossup mixup. He also uses j.214B > RC > IAD j.b > j.C mixup at 18:06 which was nice.

9/14 G-Com

Sugar (AM) vs Tsubaki

Tsubaki vs Ragna

Jin vs Tsubaki

Tsubaki vs Relius

There isn't anything to see in these matches unfortunately.

This Yukki guy has excellent setups but is seriously lacking on hit confirm. That's too bad because he plays really smart but his combos are bad.

9/14 Umejima Fantasy

Tahichi (AZ) vs Tsubaki - Nothing to really see here.

Tsubaki vs Jin - This Tsubaki could optimise some combos, for example @ 6:26 he used CH 22B > 5CC > 22D > Combo into 3k. He could've gotten 3.5k without the use of charge. Throw > OD > AH was nice at the end.

Tsubaki vs Tan (BA)

There isn't much to see here.

9/22 A-cho

Uma No Hone (VK) vs Konan (TS) - Valk :3. 7:04 - 623C deadzone is no surprise is it? Konan barely got the chance to inflict any pressure.

Makoto vs Konan (TS) - Bottom right corner. @ 2:23 He uses throw > DP whiff and was probably going to followup with 5C > 2C > 236B > 214B > 22B (Confirmed, shown at 5:22). He's using DP whiff > 2A > 2C too, since he's doing that I wonder why he doesn't use 5C instead.

Ciel (HK) vs Konan (TS) - To 17:24. | Part 2 Command grab > RC > 6A was an interesting route to go by. Konan also gets some 6A FC and 5C© hits here, but I wish we could've seen more from those confirms. Doesn't help when you can't see the damage dealt either haha. 23:49 he gets a 22D FC and nicely goes into OD using the regular 6C > CT > 6BB > stuff, but again I wonder if he could've done more.

Galileo (LI) vs Konan (TS) - This match does not last long so you can enjoy it for 46 seconds lol.

Lots of 236C, 3C and DPs, but it's real nice to see Konan. I wonder why he doesn't use the command grab more often.

I don't think that was a deadzone anyway. it's possible he might have been air grabbed if the valk had gone for it. but it's also possible the valk woulda been hit if he tried. the dp did end up being blocked I think, before the j214d even came out.

I don't think that was a deadzone anyway. it's possible he might have been air grabbed if the valk had gone for it. but it's also possible the valk woulda been hit if he tried. the dp did end up being blocked I think, before the j214d even came out.

It's really hard to say, since Valk was barrier blocking the whole time anyway, and the video quality is....not all that good. It doesn't -look- like his trajectory changed, which would've been the result of barrier blocking, but Valk was AWFUL close to the ground at that point, so maybe there wasn't time. And I can't really seem if there were any 'block effects' visible, since the video is so muddy.

Yeah, I mean, it is worth keeping in mind that air barrier reduces your hitbox size quite a bit. it's very possible that you can dodge an attack with air barrier that if you pressed a button, you'd get hit by. and 623c is hella active. it's very easy to get hit by it after you think it won't be active anymore.

Not sad, Tsu's DP is pretty decent and can be made semi-safe with some charges(which we have more of in general) and leads into decent damage and knockdown too. Not to mention blocking against Valk is impossible anyways, you're going to get hit either way so might as well DP a lot.

Most of his DPs don't even connect and he gets punish twice fairly easily (even with charges up)

From what i saw he just spams them mindlessly.

Awesome! I confess, I wasn't really prepared to watch the tiny little postage-stamp-sized minimized videos.