Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CP] Tsubaki Yayoi Video Compilation (Updated 4/1/14)

Makes sense. Although using j.C early from a jump in can allow me to get CHs against him, it can also whiff on Hazama's crouching hitbox. Eventually, rather than going for 5A, he has enough time to go for a 2C AA instead, resulting in more damage (and I'm not a fan of Hazama's j.C loops at all). I would be back to square one. I have figured out some other methods I can use to try and discourage him from mashing 5A like that, but they're not 100% effective (and kinda silly). More annoyingly, he doesn't only do this as Hazama. He does it with Ragna and Jin and I can't seem to find a way around it. Maybe I should be more silly...but I don't like the idea of going that dark path.

Regardless, thank you for the input!

Makes sense. Although using j.C early from a jump in can allow me to get CHs against him, it can also whiff on Hazama's crouching hitbox. Eventually, rather than going for 5A, he has enough time to go for a 2C AA instead, resulting in more damage (and I'm not a fan of Hazama's j.C loops at all). I would be back to square one. I have figured out some other methods I can use to try and discourage him from mashing 5A like that, but they're not 100% effective (and kinda silly). More annoyingly, he doesn't only do this as Hazama. He does it with Ragna and Jin and I can't seem to find a way around it. Maybe I should be more silly...but I don't like the idea of going that dark path.

Regardless, thank you for the input!

j.CC might help on whiff? Dunno. It's super annoying and part of why I can't STAND 5A anti-airs.

This is our November mashfest tournament that we put it in Montreal. A lot of SALT coming from my friends, lol.

The video that I'm showing is how I do to Tsubaki.

I know there are some combos that I can do better, but I want to do the basics + some random stuffs because this is how I feel.

Win or lose, people still hate me because of how I play "normally". I mean, I'm from Montreal, but sometimes, they want me to lose... (True sad face)

Bibiquadium (MA) vs Level5-Chan (TS)

DerQ (AM) vs Level5-Chan (TS)

Pochp (MU) vs Level5-Chan (TS)

FAKKU|Brice (TG) vs Level5-Chan (TS)

Psykotik (CA) vs Level5-Chan (TS)

Kirbster (RA) vs Level5-Chan (TS)

Enjoy!

*Note: Why do I always have that stupid sly smile on my face?...

Kiba (TS) vs Skyll (RG)

Again I know what I'm doing wrong but I couldn't do much.

-Dropped combos. The one at the end of the 2nd match hit me the hardest.

-Can't block GH online lol

-Pressure. Normal 5BB > 22B stuff got me nowhere but when I went for a variation I'd get poked out.

-Backing myself into the corner with j.236A against Ragna. I've stopped this.

-I notice that [4]6X helped me out here much more than j.236A.

-I should be air grabbing Ragna out of Blood Scythe....

-11:02: Should have used OD > Mugen.

Kiba (TS) vs Skyll (RG)

Again I know what I'm doing wrong but I couldn't do much.

-Dropped combos. The one at the end of the 2nd match hit me the hardest.

-Can't block GH online lol

-Pressure. Normal 5BB > 22B stuff got me nowhere but when I went for a variation I'd get poked out.

-Backing myself into the corner with j.236A against Ragna. I've stopped this.

-I notice that [4]6X helped me out here much more than j.236A.

-I should be air grabbing Ragna out of Blood Scythe....

-11:02: Should have used OD > Mugen.

Couple of things I noticed:

#1: While at least one of the 236A's I saw was pretty probably a misinput on 2B > 6A, what was up with the others? Honestly, 236A seems like crap, because it's the only 236 series move that you can't combo off of without a CH.

#2: Seems like you barely used barrier at all? So you were getting pressured for days, and giving Ragna a bunch of health?

Couple of things I noticed:

#1: While at least one of the 236A's I saw was pretty probably a misinput on 2B > 6A, what was up with the others? Honestly, 236A seems like crap, because it's the only 236 series move that you can't combo off of without a CH.

#2: Seems like you barely used barrier at all? So you were getting pressured for days, and giving Ragna a bunch of health?

It wasn't very productive for me to use 236A, and I can't even remember why I used it. It's semi safe I guess although you'll just get back on the defence.

You're definitely right about the barrier. I should be using it. Thanks.

I'm really disappointed you weren't punishing those IBs, Kiba.

Haha dw man those matches were played before I was aware of how I can 'punish' IBs. Remember it's online so some things may remain stale. Notice how I IB much more offline.

Haha dw man those matches were played before I was aware of how I can 'punish' IBs. Remember it's online so some things may remain stale. Notice how I IB much more offline.

Pardon me when I say...'buh?'

Because I'm in the habit of giving dubious advice:

#1) I don't know if he used Agito to approach you EVER, so there wasn't that much reason to respect his jumpins so much.

#2) Why charged 22D? While you got away with it, it's not a good idea against Hakumen anymore. All he has to do is push 5D and hold it until you're forced to let go and he catches you.

#3) You really only seemed to go for the command grab in setups, rather than in pressure, even when you were right up in his face doing jab pressure at point blank range when he wasn't even barriering.

#4) I saw a couple of places where my brain immediately went "Yes! Do it! Install combo!" and you didn't. Specifically, the air throw towards the end of the second round in the 2nd match felt like it could've been a kill combo with Install - we don't have a combo 'on file', but you had 100 meter and 2 charges. Similarly, the overhead that -almost- won you the third match(?) (sorry, Youtube has decided it no longer wants to show me this video) was a total "Mugen Moment" and would've been super hype. So... Install Combos!

Because I'm in the habit of giving dubious advice:

#1) I don't know if he used Agito to approach you EVER, so there wasn't that much reason to respect his jumpins so much.

#2) Why charged 22D? While you got away with it, it's not a good idea against Hakumen anymore. All he has to do is push 5D and hold it until you're forced to let go and he catches you.

#3) You really only seemed to go for the command grab in setups, rather than in pressure, even when you were right up in his face doing jab pressure at point blank range when he wasn't even barriering.

#4) I saw a couple of places where my brain immediately went "Yes! Do it! Install combo!" and you didn't. Specifically, the air throw towards the end of the second round in the 2nd match felt like it could've been a kill combo with Install - we don't have a combo 'on file', but you had 100 meter and 2 charges. Similarly, the overhead that -almost- won you the third match(?) (sorry, Youtube has decided it no longer wants to show me this video) was a total "Mugen Moment" and would've been super hype. So... Install Combos!

1)Yeah heh. He didn't do it to me then but he had been doing it in other casuals we had.

2)He was pressing other buttons during my pressure and I thought I could catch him with it. I swear I have to be in range for the catch to work through.

3)He kept poking me out of my pressure. Although I had learned new ways of implementing the command grab, he still pokes me out. Notice he was poking me out of my charge cancels. He also pokes me out of my 6As.

4)Yeah I figured, I will be sure to remember that next time.

Thank you for the critique.

Ohh so that was you the other Tsubaki ^_^

Hahaha, yeah. I kept my identity a secret. Didn't have the little nameplate/tag cause I came in too late for the tournament. Darn trains. ;_;

I wanted to play you in Tsubaki mirrors but I couldn't even find you lol, you just went poof at some point and never came back XD

Hahaha, yeah. I kept my identity a secret. Didn't have the little nameplate/tag cause I came in too late for the tournament. Darn trains. ;_;

I wanted to play you in Tsubaki mirrors but I couldn't even find you lol, you just went poof at some point and never came back XD

Yeah well i should have played more freeplay but i'm kinda hesitant to impose myself, plus i had others tourneys to do, and other stuff going on.

Well i kinda regret it now lol. Damn me.