Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CP] Tsubaki Yayoi Video Compilation (Updated 4/1/14)

Pikuri added to notable players. If you have anything you want to discuss about him including his grade and his general gameplay please do so.

He charging stars every chance he gets. DP's on almost wakeup if he has the charge. RUNS up and DPs. Heavy reliance on 6B and overall telegraphed mixup. Questionable combo routes and overall decisions. Never saw anything notable about him.

Haha, I agree with all you've said, honestly. The only thing I'd say is quite good with him is his fireball use and his aggression, but other than that I am still pondering whether I wanna keep him there. Spinoza may not be as offensive as he is, but he's certainly more solid.

Pikuri has some very notable habits which isn't easy to overlook. Now you're probably wondering, then why did I add him?! Ha, anymore takers on the matter?

I get what you guys are saying but I personally say we give him the benefit of the doubt for now. It seems like he only started playing in CP (imo) whereas the others have been playing her since CS1 so he has, I would say, a different "style" in comparison due to how different CP is system wise to CS.

Also regardless of whether it's just the arcade he's at or other circumstances I've seen him consistently rank in at least the top 5 in Dan ranking and he did make it to Arc Revo which wasn't easy. In case someone knocks him for losing in round 1 Kazu did too. Just my two cents.

I think he's been around a while, maybe not in arcades. I remember a nico video by him that was half comedy half critiquing some tsubaki play I think? Can't remember name or link.

For that matter, Kazu apparently used to do live streams of BB, which is on hold till CP console release.

Yeah, I was going to say, no matter how bad Surf thinks he is, how many 15th Dan Tsubaki players are there? He must be doing something right. :P

Please take caution using the dan ranking as a basis. While I can make an unconfident exception for Tsubaki, it may not necessarily reflect that the player is notable. Spinoza usually fluctuates between 11th - 12th dan and sometimes falls out of top 10 but that doesn't necessarily mean he's not notable.

She gets a double IAD combo off of a really deep 2C AA. She also gets double IADs off FC 3C and 6A, and maybe a couple other silly things.

Please take caution using the dan ranking as a basis. While I can make an unconfident exception for Tsubaki, it may not necessarily reflect that the player is notable. Spinoza usually fluctuates between 11th - 12th dan and sometimes falls out of top 10 but that doesn't necessarily mean he's not notable.

Yes, obviously "winning" (Which is what the Dan rankings represent) is only "notable" if your opponents are strong, but I'm not seeing evidence of styling on low skill players here?