Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CP] Tsubaki Yayoi Video Compilation (Updated 4/1/14)

7/31 10th HWB

Kuresu vs Grandia (TG) FT5 (Nico link)

Grandia (TG) vs Kuresu | Part 2 (Youtube) I wish Kuresu got more out of the 5B(B) > 5CC confirm rather than relying on that DP whiff combo. The same applies with the 22D FC he scored.

Now, with Pikuri's match, he looked, a little more solid though there is a reliance on 3CC which seems to work for him ocassionally. I can understand him using it, after all, 3CC does have 1-17f of invincibility. Good reward, high risk, though of course the risk level really depends on the character and how well they can punish it. A shame Pikuri missed the 5C CH > 6CC > 22D, would've liked to see how that turned out. That's actually one of the combos I wanted to experiment with.

7/21 a-cho

Tsubaki vs Izayoi

Tsubaki vs Amane

Amane vs Tsubaki

8/2/13 Tachikawa

Kuresu vs Grandia (TG), Sensui (PT)

8/3 Central Hachiouji Singles

Kuresu vs Xie (PT)

Kuresu vs Mabupuku (RE)

Kuresu vs Satsuno (TK)

Protos (NU) vs Tsubaki

Kuresu vs Tsubaki

Kuresu vs Hakumen

Kuresu vs Jin - 23:36. 6BB > 22D can be used to bait Jin's 623C. Look how close he was too.

Post Tournament casuals

Kuresu vs Taokaka - 28:32 .... > 22D wallbounce > IAD j.CC was nice. | (Cont) | Part 2

Kuresu vs Platinum

Kuresu vs Tsubaki

Kuresu vs Mabupuku (RE)

Kuresu vs Shino (JI)

Protos (NU) vs Tsubaki

Enjoy.

That 22D whiff... you think that was a bait? The 22D did recover fast enough not to be hit by the rather slow 623C but I don't think it was used intentionally as so.

Would be spiffy if it was or there was an application in action there that I'm not aware of.

Bait was probably the wrong word to use, sorry. 6BB > 22D can make Jin's 623C whiff. :)

Bait was probably the wrong word to use, sorry. 6BB > 22D can make Jin's 623C whiff. :)

No biggy.

Fun set of matches to watch as usual. Thanks for posting videos up all the time~ <3

Sometimes i dont get it how they think.

Kuresu could have won his last round against NT (hakumen) if he had activated the OD + Mugen at 5:50. Why the heck did he save it, it was clearly not advantageous at all.

8/27 a-cho

Tsubakichi (TS) vs Rachel

Tager vs Tsubakichi (TS)

Tager vs Tsubaki

Jin vs Tsubaki

Jin vs Ayato (TS) - Bad burst at the end. I was hoping Ayato would use something better from the corner CH 5B > 6C > 22D confirm. He could've gotten 3.5k without using the charge. | Part 2 -To 2:45:10 | Part 3 - To 3:02:43

Ayato (TS) vs Tager - To 2:19:24

Ayato (TS) vs Jin

Ayato (TS) vs Bullet

Ayato (TS) vs Mu - To end

those matches at the end made something clear to me that I hadn't really noticed much or thought about it before, I think. Looks like they way nerfed the travel range/speed of 236c.

9/7 Miracle Dome

Jirusomu (AR) vs Pikuri (TS)

Pikuri has good hitconfirms and his combos are quite good. I'm glad he didn't use CT for the 6A > 22D combo because I feel it would've been a waste. His pressure isn't bad as well. The Arakune was falling for quite a few frame traps.

Despite that I'm not sure why he rolled forward in the corner when he was curse. That was an extremely bad option, and I know it would be bad to neutral tech and try to block Arakune's mixup but blocking is your best friend. The 2nd burst (@ 2:06) Pikuri used while in curse mode was bad too. He had nothing to fall upon in the last round. Not sure why he used 3CC on the bug. Maybe the 3C was a misinput for 2C but in that case there wasn't a need to followup with 3CC since Arakune was behind him and in the air. Again, could've been a mistake. Also, I'm still debating whether he could've used a DP > RC against the unblockable setup the 2nd time round.

He looked a little more solid here, and I honestly believe he could've won, but I'm still on the fence on putting him down as a notable player (again). Please don't tell me 'but he's 16th dan though' because rank doesn't mean that much to me.

I don't really think it's fair to say "Oh, you're not a top player!" just because he made some questionable decisions. I mean, look at Konan (admittedly, you have to do most of your looking at pre-CP videos, but he is/was still a top player). He does some of the most out there crap, and sometimes it works for him, and sometimes he gets blown up because of it (and which point certain people here come out and say "Oh, I would have done X there and won!" :P )

Honestly, it's making some "bad" decisions that shows that a player isn't just playing "by the book" and that they might have what it takes to be a top player. Someone who plays completely safe all the time doesn't make it there.

Arakune matches aren't the finest measuring stick anyway. :P