Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CP] Tsubaki Yayoi Video Compilation (Updated 4/1/14)

Jin and Hakumen can't even escape her just ending a combo in 6B>Black Hole at the right spacing (which most of her combos can end her at that spacing). The only characters that get out for free without any resource spending are Azrael, and Tager (Growler and B Sledge) but those two characters will probably have the hardest time at neutral against her.

Tsubaki can astral out of every setup, but that's it. Good luck having her health low enough to use astral in the first place~

Here we go

This is the best setup Kokonoe has. If she does the 22B setup you can neutral tech > 623 D > j.236D > j.214D and escape easily. If she delays a little bit the Black hole, it's even easier to roll + DD out of it

You can buffer the DD during the roll, but you need to press D at the exact good frame. It's super hard to do tbh, probably a 1 or 2f tech, but if you manage to do it, she's free as fuck. You can OD + Install + KILL HER

For those who wonder, it's the only way to get out of this setup, except AH (which doesn't need a roll, neutral tech works fine). You can't roll + DP or anything else, you will get sucked in. The only reason the DD setup works is that she isn't affected by the vaccum effect during the animation of the distortion drive. Banana DD doesn't work, neither OD + anything

how would that be? forward roll has next to no invuln. if it's active before you roll how would it work?

just saying it looks to me like you can roll sooner off what you did than in the one above. flat on the ground vs having to skip an emergency tech and the associated no tech window before you can roll.

that's easy, just block the laser beams and counter assault out of gravity it's not like they made it invuln for 200 frames starting at the first frame or anything stupid like that

you're absolutely right airk, the 1-14 invuln of D DP is totally going to get us out of a move that has more than 150 active frames and over 200 invuln frames, absolutely, I see that happening

hm, sorry. I coulda sworn I saw a video where Hazama traded with Jayoku. Must've misunderstood. Thanks for the sarcasm though, that was super helpful. -_-

Anyway, I think the reason that Zouf's trick works is that only one of the black holes actually has a hitbox, so apparently the first few frames of the forward roll are enough to get you out of it? (or maybe it just doesn't hit low enough to the ground? That'd be odd).

That said, if this works, would D-DP > j.214D be enough to get you clear of the hitbox?

Also, Errol, your method should work, I think, if you CA -early- enough, because you'll be breaking out of the blockstun from the laser and hitting her before she can start up the black hole. You'd need to kinda guess she was going to do it though, and it'd be an easy place for her to bait the CA.

hm, sorry. I coulda sworn I saw a video where Hazama traded with Jayoku. Must've misunderstood. Thanks for the sarcasm though, that was super helpful. -_-

Anyway, I think the reason that Zouf's trick works is that only one of the black holes actually has a hitbox, so apparently the first few frames of the forward roll are enough to get you out of it? (or maybe it just doesn't hit low enough to the ground? That'd be odd).

That said, if this works, would D-DP > j.214D be enough to get you clear of the hitbox?

Also, Errol, your method should work, I think, if you CA -early- enough, because you'll be breaking out of the blockstun from the laser and hitting her before she can start up the black hole. You'd need to kinda guess she was going to do it though, and it'd be an easy place for her to bait the CA.

nah, it is impossible because she recovers from setting up the laser before the laser hits. I was wondering the same thing about D DP > j214D too, but that's also fairly obvious so i assume he tested it. i.e. something to do with the DP will be sucked in towards the hole anyway. Not sure if it was the C or D super in use.

but besides that the video toan posted shows the laser eating forward roll, so you know, that setup would work no matter what. I'm curious if he tested the other setup I posted though for the reasons mentioned.

by how much? we're talking about a character that pisses out high damage combos so I'm guessing you're still on the line for 5k or something?

What about this set-up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHjnYQ5--fg that shows how the black hole is inescapable?

This setup is the worst for kokonoe. First, you can roll over kokonoe and she's free. Second, you can escape by doing D DP > follow up.

Thing to notice, you can't delay your tech here, as 22B will reset you into the black hole and you'll die. It's not a good idea. I'll make a video later to show all possible kokonoe's setup and all the possible way to escape it.

The 5C > Black hole setup is still the best option for kokonoe I believe. Most people won't know how to escape it, and a few character don't have the tools to do it (thinking of Rachel, Nu-13...)

He tried to roll too late I believe. I did the exact same combo and could roll out. Maybe i messed up the setup, maybe not.

Here are all possible ways to do it. You can see the setup in this video and I rolled and escaped.

In any case this is just viable ways to do it, i'm not saying it's easy/kokonoe's setup is flawed or anything.

You did the final set-up wrong. You have to let them to get a certain height after the 6A before you hit them with jB or else the resulting combo won't put them high enough to give you enough time to set-up the 22B to catch rolls.

If the 22B catches the roll, that means you can D DP out of it anyway. That falls under the 2nd setup then.

We always have a way to escape, but then again, it's hard to tell which setup she goes for, it's hard to react well enough, and the risk/reward will always be for kokonoe in any case. We'll just have to suck it up and wait for Arcsys to fix this shit.

I must apologise in advance for my gameplay:

Kiba (TS) vs JeSsNiGri (KO) FT5

Ok I can critique myself here.

I dropped a lot of combos, it was my fault. I also concentrated too hard at some points to bait his CA or his burst, and failed. Also, I'm usually successful poking Kokonoe out of her overhead but I wasn't successful anytime in those matches.

Not sure why I used the Blade Super on my wakeup, guess I wanted to experiment, and I know that experiment was a failure. At first I was getting tagged by Kokonoe's 3C in neutral but I managed to dodge it in the later games. I hated how he came back in one of the matches too. I could be more aggressive too, and I suck at blocking that crossup he did with the lightning > teleport gimmick. It doesn't hurt to be patient at times...Also you guys can probably tell that 623D in neutral was an accident...

Again, sorry, but I hope it helps it teaching you guys some stuff. You get to see the black hole super in action too..

11/15 Tachikawa

Kuresu vs Keba (MU) - He's looking real solid here.

Kuresu vs Shirushi (JI) - I feel he used the burst too late.

3C > graviton > lightning > teleport doesn't exist. You can mash 5C to get a counter on the teleport if he does it immediatly after the lightning trap. He did it a lot in the first matches. Also to avoid the cross up you can jump barrier, the game will autocorrect the guard itself. You can't be cross up by the lightning if you jump.

But yeah, Kokonoe is almighty anyway. JeSsNiGri (aka JySs) doesn't abuse the black hole super too much, but he knows his combos.

Thank you for the advice. Tbh, there is no reason for him not to abuse it if he has the opportunity haha.

Despite me feeling salty about my performance in CP, I still want to show my gameplay because I want to see how I improve overtime, and of course for your own entertainment. As usual I hope this helps. Give me more time people. Also the following matches are like 2 weeks old, I don't 'rage' burst anymore. I use it more smartly and save it for OD combos.

Kiba (TS) vs Ixis (MU) - These matches just feel deja vu all over again. Hate it, lol.

Kiba (TS) vs Kid (HZ) - I definitely know what I'm NOT doing in this matchup. Not enough j.236A in neutral, and I need to use more command grabs here. Also that OD > Blade Super I did during a combo was so stupid.

This may seem like super dumb newbie advice, but he's going to insist on trying to AA you with 5A as Hazama, doing your air attacks early (or using j.B instead of j.C perhaps) will CH him. You may or may not be able to confirm, but it should at least discourage him from just mashing 5A all the damn time.

Discouraging him from mashing 5A is exactly what I wanted! Thanks!

Discouraging him from mashing 5A is exactly what I wanted! Thanks!

Right; So the basic gist is that 5A doesn't have any kind of invulnerability, but since we all normally time our jump in attacks to hit relatively deep so they're easy to combo off, a fast move with the right hitbox like Hazama's 5A can hit us out of the startup of our jump in. However, if we throw out the jump in earlier, we can take advantage of the fact that j.C's hitbox (assuming it hasn't changed for CP) extends beyond the hittable box. The downside of this is that even if you get a CH and then do a fairly late j.CC, you -may- not be able to combo off it without charge or rapid or something. But if it can shut down their 5A nonsense and force them to address you jumpins in a different way, it may be worth it.

Alternatively, using j.B, you don't have as good a hitbox, but it comes out faster and you have a chance of hitting them before 5A makes contact. And theoretically a 'high' j.B is easier to combo from since you could, in theory, do j.B > j.C > j.CC on your way to the ground.

This also works on Ragna and Hakumen, who are the other characters I know of that like to 5A jumpins.

Hopefully this works out for you. You still need to be smart with your jumpins, because he can still beat them with with 2C, which has TONS of head invulnerability now, because, hey, Hazama didn't have good AA choices or something, I dunno. F- Hazama. :P