Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CP] Tsubaki Yayoi Video Compilation (Updated 4/1/14)

Regarding the last scenario in the command grab setup video:

If you omit the j236A and instead just end with j214X, I believe they can't air tech, so the earliest they can tech is an emergency tech, which falls prey to the command grab. They have the option to delay tech and then rollout, but I think it's easier for us to deal with those options than dealing with air techs?

Regarding the last scenario in the command grab setup video:

If you omit the j236A and instead just end with j214X, I believe they can't air tech, so the earliest they can tech is an emergency tech, which falls prey to the command grab. They have the option to delay tech and then rollout, but I think it's easier for us to deal with those options than dealing with air techs?

You're right with the setup. They can't air tech, and it's easier to deal with the opponent's responses from j.214X rather than j.236A > j.214A. It's actually the one I forgot to include in the video, but I did provide the information in the strategy guide. If you want to have a higher success rate in landing the command grab you need to condition your opponent into neutral teching. So if they try to roll out, you can catch them with 2B. You may have to prepare yourself for a side switch though.

Overall, j.C > (dj.CC >) j.214A is better to opt for, not only for the setup, but the oki too.

Nice little helpful videos, Kiba.

I'll actually have to practice and add one or two of those command grab setups myself =D.

Thanks man, no problem. Good luck.

Also, with the j.236A oki, 5C whiffs on Litchi. What you need to do is use 5B instead of 5C like you would on Platinum. I've made a note in the video description and the strategy guide.

Tachikawa 12/13

Dio (MU) vs Kuresu (TS)

Tsubaki Combo Movie It's more of a combo lecture, but anyway this has some good stuff in it.

3:47 - I believe he's basically saying that delaying the followup 22B in the 236B > 214B > 22B combos allows you to go for mixup because the recovery of 22B is quite fast. Of course he also shows what happens if they don't tech, which will result in 22B blue beating.

Uploaded more Konan footage. Jourdal will probably upload this and part 1 but I did this for reference.

12/14 Minamiurawa Big One

Mori (RE) vs Konan

Buppa Chan (RE) vs Konan

P-56 (AR) vs Konan

Tsubaki vs Konan

Azrael vs Konan

Nu-13 vs Konan

The whole video is Konan playing so you don't need to keep coming back to click the links. Oh and, Merry Christmas.

Have a new game capture on Christmas, seriously. Never would I thought of having one.

Starting at New Year, I'm gonna start posting some online matches.

Better hope for some random/absurd gameplay from my parts.

12/29 Tachikawa

Konan vs Momoiro (RC)

Konan vs Kuresu - Really surprised to see Konan get hit by the blade super like that, twice.

Mitsurugi (HZ) vs Kuresu

Konan vs Miya (JI)

Spinoza vs Keba (MU)

Spinoza vs 0 (BU)

Shino (NO) vs Konan

Spinoza vs Mitsurugi (HZ)

Konan's hitconfirm is real good as usual. He's using 6236/2366C/D quite a bit in neutral which is nice to see because he travels a little further. I need to work out the frame advantage of these things because I've seen Konan use it and although the opponent managed to block it, he got a 5A CH afterwards.

Spinoza vs Keba 1:03 - Not sure why he went for the air ender because I'm sure he could've used the standard corner combo (CT > 5C > 2CC > 236C > 5A > 5C > 2C > 236B > 214B > 22B (whiff)) into DD finish.

Spinoza vs 0: Spinoza was not aggressive enough IMO. 0 managed to use afterburner when Spinoza was quite close to him!

Spinoza's gameplay is a little too clean and he could really be more aggressive in some (most?) instances. Even though he's not as strong as the other 4 notable Tsubakis, I do like him.

-Added Konan's matches to my playlist-

I'm shocked Kuresu defeated Konan. In my personal opinion, I found Konan to be a bit stronger and subtle in terms of offense and mix-up game. In all honesty, I was rooting for Kuresu to make the second round comeback, I just wasn't expecting him to actually pull it off. I'd love to see a rematch between these two.

I'm shocked Kuresu defeated Konan. In my personal opinion, I found Konan to be a bit stronger and subtle in terms of offense and mix-up game. In all honesty, I was rooting for Kuresu to make the second round comeback, I just wasn't expecting him to actually pull it off. I'd love to see a rematch between these two.

I was depressed by how much they both whiffed 5BB. =(

I was depressed by how much they both whiffed 5BB. =(

Haha exactly my thought. That match was awesome though. They are so aggressive it's like a mixup fest every second, i love it. I must learn to play like this.

The commentator was going crazy everytime there was a shoryuken hahaha.

Fun fact : Spinoza calls himself "Shadow Takahiro".

watching Konan makes me wanna play this game again

Heh. Edited the post with another match against Miya's Jin.

At 15:58 against Miya, Konan uses j.C > 5CC > 22D > 6BB > [4]6C oki which is nice. The only thing that bothers me about this is the fact that Konan used it from a decent confirm which would've racked up about 3.7k. I'd recommend using that sort of oki from weaker starters without CT, such as 5A > 5BB > 5CC > 22D > 6BB > [4]6C.