Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CP] Iron Tager Combo Thread

In this exact situation, it puts them back into the corner. Quite convenient and pretty swag too.

It's fancy looking, but RC 4D is much more consistent and gets the same results. RC 360A is pretty tight on timing.

Also, I was under the impression that AC>sjC whiff>jB>5B was only optimal if they weren't magnetized? Am I doing a wrong combo, or is it just used more often because of corner push? I'm only curious because I have a 4.4k midscreen combo I'm using magnetized of 2C>AC>RC>4D whiff>5C>6[A]>2C>GF whiff>5A>5B>5C>6[A]>2C>GF whiff 5A>5B>j.A>j.B>j.C>GP. I'm sure it can be optimized more, but I'm really terrible at optimizing combos.

4D is definitely better seeing as you can use 5C>6B on it which makes the combo really good. You can also do 5C>ASledge>3C>AC whiff on it.

I still probably won't ever use it much though cuz I'd rather keep my meter. Useful for a raw magnetised AC confirm though. Off of any other magnetized confirm you can usually just do a normal combo on it.

Oh, definitely, but it's a nice braindead confirm off of 2C when you're not sure if it'll counterhit or not, and at what height they'll get smacked at. If I'm not confident in the height for 2C>(delay)236A and I have the meter I'll go for AC>RC>4D. I'm sure as hell not going to sneeze at 4.4k

Just a heads up, did this on the spur of the moment on a brainwave, but Spark Bolt links after 2D now thanks to the shortened recovery.

Use it for those moments you just need a tiny bit more damage.

And Spark bolt has what...13 frames of startup. Were you close or far away?

I was far away, and Spark Bolt wasn't ready after the AC, this was an ultra-situational thing where Spark Bolt was ready just in time. It won the round for me though and it's worth noting in case you land a random ass 2D or something.

---

After some testing, I see that you need to be at least slightly closer than strictly "midscreen" in order to do it. You definitely don't need to be in the corner or anything though.

Obviously, this is not optimal, but it's saved my ass for ending the round when Spark Bolt was just barely not ready after AC. Worth keeping in mind.

Also I have noticed that 2D rc 6C no longer works. I am guessig that 2D also saw a level decrease of some kind. I need to retest but it surely seems like it.

Also I have noticed that 2D rc 6C no longer works. I am guessig that 2D also saw a level decrease of some kind. I need to retest but it surely seems like it.

It got less hitstun/blockstun/recovery. So rapid cancels would be negatively affected like this. Links became easier though on air hits due to untech time.

Can anyone tell me what the best close B or C starter combos that end in GF?

I've tried things like:

5B, 5C, 6A, 2C xx A Sledge, 3C xx Atomic Collider Whiff, 5C, 6B, hjC, hjB, hjC, 2C xx GF

But I've had little success and I don't know if it's optimal anyway.

Can anyone tell me what the best close B or C starter combos that end in GF?

I've tried things like:

5B, 5C, 6A, 2C xx A Sledge, 3C xx Atomic Collider Whiff, 5C, 6B, hjC, hjB, hjC, 2C xx GF

But I've had little success and I don't know if it's optimal anyway.

5B>5C>6A>2C>ASledge>3C>AC whiff>5C>6B>jA>jB>delay jC> ( 2C>AC>GF or 5C>6A>2C>AC>GF

The 2C version is way easier and more compatible. I've never tried that combo you listed (does it work?) though so I dunno if it does less or not.

I was able to do it off 5C, but off 5B it just wasn't happening for me. It was tight as hell off 5C, so the slight amount of additional time from 5B was making it impossible for me. I'll get the damage off 5C later today.

Just as a heads up in case it hasn't has already been mentioned, 3C>ASledge>5A>jA now works properly on Kokonoe post-1.1

Anyone know of a solid combo off of 2C > OD meterless? I have a crossup 2C shinanigan and currently I'm doing this:

2C > ODC > (jumpback) j.C > j.D > 6C > j.2C > 5B > 5A > 236A > 3C > AC (whiff) > 5C > 6A > 2C > AC > Sparkbolt > GP (4579)

or, for consistency,

2C > ODC > j.B > j.D etc etc etc etc same combo slightly less damage (4341)

(and because sharing is caring, here's the shinanigan https://vine.co/v/Mw9dTMi6rVq/ )

Combo For Dicks:
FC j.2C > j.B > j.C > j.A > j.B > j.C > j.A > j.B > j.C > j.A > j.B > j.C  > j.A > j.B > j.C > GP > RC > 5B