Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CP] Iron Tager Combo Thread

Made up a challenge 30 combo (Triple Spark Bolt combo)

OD > 623D > 5C > 6B > j.2C > 5B > 5C > 5D > 5B > 4D > 5C > 41236D > 2C > 236236B > 22D (Rapid Cancel) > 41236D/623D

I'll put up a video soon for it.

Made up a challenge 30 combo (Triple Spark Bolt combo)

OD > 623D > 5C > 6B > j.2C > 5B > 5C > 5D > 5B > 4D > 5C > 41236D > 2C > 236236B > 22D (Rapid Cancel) > 41236D/623D

I'll put up a video soon for it.

Ahhhhh I was so close. Think the problem I was having with my version was I used OD afterwards (I started with 2C 623D OD).

Thanks for Challenge 30 :)

----

Also, just found something so far that's Hazama-specific (may work on other characters with long leg hitboxes)

5A 3C Asledge 5A 5B 5C > stuff

Trying to find a use for it.

Ahhhhh I was so close. Think the problem I was having with my version was I used OD afterwards (I started with 2C 623D OD).

Thanks for Challenge 30 :)

----

Also, just found something so far that's Hazama-specific (may work on other characters with long leg hitboxes)

5A 3C Asledge 5A 5B 5C > stuff

Trying to find a use for it.

I tried that too, but I kept running out of OD meter just before the Spark Bolt meter fully charged at the end. So I just took out the good starting normal and just tried Spark Bolt raw. I guess it is a good enough starter for it to work, didn't think proration would allow the combo.

Hi everyone I wanted to ask how he did it ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY317GLXNJ4&feature=youtu.be&t=9m43s

I not understand the timing when I cancel it stays put, if anyone know please?

you need to RC gadget finger and time the AC just right to get the pull from mag but not actually catch them with it. they are in that special falling state until they hit the ground so they cant do anything. this has existed since gadget finger came out and you can do it with j.360c as well as AC now too.

(this technique is known as the gadget flinger btw)

Hi everyone I wanted to ask how he did it ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY317GLXNJ4&feature=youtu.be&t=9m43s

I not understand the timing when I cancel it stays put, if anyone know please?

You have to RC when your opponent's head is at the same level as Tager's head, then do Atomic Collider IMMEDIATELY. You also have to hold the Collider for a split second. If you hold it too long, the Collider will grab them, so be careful. The best way to input this would be:

:f: + :abt::bbt::cbt::d::df: + :cbt:

Some characters are taller than others, so the timing will be slightly different. Just have to practice. Good luck! :)

Edit: Yumura does it differently. He RCs the Gadget Finger as soon as it's possible to, then waits for the opponent to drop to head level before doing the Atomic Collider. His way seems like it would be easier, I may have to try it and see what works for me.

Unfortunately, 5D xx Spark Bolt is character-specific :( It doesn't work on Jin, not sure who else it doesn't work on.

Atomic Collider, walk forward a pixel, 6C xx Gadget Finger is also character specific.

Edit: You can use the same timing for Jin, Hakumen, Ragna, Litchi, Tager, Noel and Tsubaki, though it appears that there are other characters with specific timings. Keep in mind that I recorded the combo on Jin, and then cycled through the cast, replaying the combo on each character. A raw Collider leads to no damage without meter or Spark Bolt on the majority of the cast it seems.

Overall, Tager's combos are MUCH harder. We're going to need a lot of character specific knowledge, and many whiff Collider combos are spacing specific too.

You can delay your next move after the colider but holy these combos have silly delays and strange walks.

Not sure I understand, delay which move after Collider?

Converting random hits into combos is going to be a challenge in CP. You have to be keenly aware of spacing, hit-stun scaling limitations and character specific adjustments. I guess they made Tager more thematic; you have to approach him with scientific precision now lol.

Actually from what I understand Tager's abare (ability to do stuff off various hits) has gotten a lot better. Dude's got hitstun for days.

Don't get me wrong, his abare is much better. It's just really easy to drop a combo if you misjudge your spacing by a little bit, or if you didn't delay your 6A long enough, or if your opponent was too high, etc.

For example, 5B > 5C > 6A > 3C xx whiff Collider at point blank range sends your opponent flying away from you. Only 5C > 6A xx Collider works in this situation. Take a step back, they float straight up in front of you. 6B > 6C > air combo works in this situation. Take another step back, and they float towards you. 5C > 6B works, but 6B > 6C does not. In a match situation, you'll have to react to your opponent's trajectory and respond accordingly.

Atomic Collider, walk forward a pixel, 6C xx Gadget Finger is also character specific.

Edit: This combo only works on Jin, Hakumen, Ragna, Litchi, Tager, Noel and Tsubaki. Don't have Terumi or that other guy unlocked. Keep in mind that I recorded the combo on Jin, and then cycled through the cast, replaying the combo on each character. There's a chance that I might have missed some characters which require a specific timing, but I doubt it. If this is the case, that kind of sucks, that means a raw Collider leads to no damage without meter or Spark Bolt on the majority of the cast.

Overall, Tager's combos are MUCH harder. We're going to need a lot of character specific knowledge, and many whiff Collider combos are spacing specific too.

I just tried and it works on Makoto. It also works on Amane but its very hard to time correctly on him.

Edit: i can see how you missed it on makoto the timing is stricter than i first thought i cant do it consistintly, but im just using pad.

Here is a combo i came up with that i have not seen in any video or on the japanese wiki.

Midscreen Meterless No mag:

5C>6A>2C>Asledge>5C>6A>AC>anySpark>6B>6C>JC>JD>GP 5022dmg 36heat

Edit: just to clarify anySpark means straight or diagonal spark will work.

I think this should probably work on the entire cast. 2C>Asledge timing varies with character but does work on everyone i tried. The main thing is you just need to get the timing down for Spark>6B. if you hit them with 6B to early they will tech before 6C. if you use upSpark hit them with at the top of their arc to give yourself enough time to wait and land 6B close enough. Its very easy once you get the spark>6B timing down. maybe OD can be added in there too somewhere after 6C.

Edit#2 easier version but less damage

Midscreen Meterless No mag:

5C>6A>2C>Asledge>5C>6A>AC>Spark>5C>6B>JC>JD>GP 4936dmg 35 heat

Edit#3 OD Versions

Midscreen No mag:

5C>6A>2C>Asledge>5C>6A>AC>anySpark>6B>6C>OD>JC>JD>MTW>TB>Gadget 6797dmg

Midscreen No mag:

5C>6A>2C>Asledge>5C>6A>AC>Spark>5C>6B>OD>JC>JD>MTW>TB>Gadget 6681dmg

Mine is a meterless alternative to these two jwiki crush trigger combos:

5C> 6A> 2C> CT> fine walk 5B> 5C> AC> Spark> 5C> 6B> JC> JD> GP Need 5342 +12 14% 25%

Spark use. Need to walk the fine character

5C> 6A> 2C> CT> fine walk 5B> 5C> AC> Spark> 6B> 6C> JC> JD> GP Need 5439 +13 14% 25%

Spark use. Need to walk the fine character

I don't think it's worth practicing the harder version for only 100 extra damage, the easier version is much better, nice find! I find the combo to be much easier using regular horizontal Spark Bolt.

Here's a 5581 damage j.2C Fatal Counter combo I've been playing around with, I think this is max damage. Builds 40 heat, requires magnetism:

FC j.2C > 5C > 6C xx B-Sledge > 5C > 6A > 6B > jc > j.2C > 5B > j. A > j.B > delay j.C > land > sj. A > j.C > j.D xx Grand Punish

I don't think it's worth practicing the harder version for only 100 extra damage, the easier version is much better, nice find! I find the combo to be much easier using regular horizontal Spark Bolt.

Here's a 5581 damage j.2C Fatal Counter combo I've been playing around with, I think this is max damage. Builds 40 heat, requires magnetism:

FC j.2C > 5C > 6C xx B-Sledge > 5C > 6A > 6B > jc > j.2C > 5B > j. A > j.B > delay j.C > land > sj. A > j.C > j.D xx Grand Punish

Thanks, your right the easier one is better to use.

I'm gonna make OD combo video guys.

First vid is 70% health OD stuff coming soon.

edit: 100% health lolol its like 70% anyway for us.

notes: for 70% OD if your combo starter is a B or C normal or something with high P1 you can add a 5C before the 4D for some of these combos.

These are baby confirms for OD that gives you almost all the mag you can get. Gonna edit footage now guys.

Fatal I've been practicing: FC j.2C > 5C > 6C > Bsledge > 5C > 6A > Asledge > 5C > 6A > AC > 2D

Forgot to mention damage: Around 4900 and 30ish meter gain will get exact numbers when I wake up.

I'm experimenting with this, haven't yet found a use for it but:

anything > spark bolt > jB jC > land and do stuff

----

This is a starter everyone should know how to combo on imo.

Easy

Spark Bolt (straight) > 2C > Asledge > 3C > AC whiff > 5C > 6B > jC > jD > GP

DM: 3035 HG+21

Hard

Spark Bolt (straight) > 5C > 6B > delay jC > jD > land sjA > jC > jB > GP

DM: 3044 HG +21

Tech Trap Setup: .. > sjA > jC > SMP jD > land > AC. I wouldn't recommend these kinds of setups much anymore cuz AC is a pretty unhelpful starter now.

Combo is fairly hard, but so satisfying when it works.

----

This is really cool though:

Instant GP Cross-up Gimmick, only ever use this with 50 heat or more (either to RC and reset pressure or combo with RC into about 4k)

... > AC > GF whiff > tk GP / GP RC > stuff. GP RC is a pretty good starter.

There's a good chance we can do other cross-up shenanigans with this.

----

CT Combo

CT > 6C > Asledge > 5A > 5B > 5C > 6A > 3C > AC Whiff > 5C > 6B > jC > jD > GP [DM: 3874] HG: +14 (-25)

I feel certain this can be better.

Worth Noting: CT > 360B > GF [DM: 3600] HG+35 (-25)

Sorry I took so long getting this baby stuff out.

Pinnacle was being bad D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSmUzwBR6JE&feature=youtu.be

I love that 6B combo for 4203damage

I'm experimenting with this, haven't yet found a use for it but:

This is a starter everyone should know how to combo on imo.

Easy

Spark Bolt (straight) > 2C > Asledge > 3C > AC whiff > 5C > 6B > jC > jD > GP

DM: 3035 HG+21

i realy like this one too

To make 3C > AC whiff > 5C > 6B work from any distance you can input the AC just a miniscule amount late after the 3C. 3C knocks them down and backwards, so you're letting them fly a tiny bit backwards before affecting them with magnetism. This works even at pointblank range for me. Just using AC right away will fail because they "bounce" off you and too far away.

Just to let you guys know. I don't like any of you any more because I don't have CP lol. Seriously though these combos are great I cannot wait to see what I can come up with.

Tryin to find some good CT combo routes.

What I've found so far:

5C 6A 2C CT 3C AC whiff 6B 6C Asledge 5C 6A 2C AC GF [DM: 5104] HG+34 (-25)

It combos off of:

2C

6B on launched

6C on launched

Spark Bolt

Probably lots of stuff on CH.

Tryin to find some good CT combo routes. It combos off of 2C.

i find google translate suprisingly makes the japanese combo wiki decently understandable. i posted 2 of the best CT combos from there already. Check it out for ideas it has alot of combos for reference. translated link: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww14.atwiki.jp%2Fteigar%2Fpages%2F114.html&sandbox=1