Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CP] Iron Tager Combo Thread

although i really like the gurren punish after a gadget RC simply doing 360B > Gadget finger > RC > MTW for 100 heat deals 4330 dmg :/

it's nothing new really and it's completely unburstable making it the best combo for this imo

Max damage off 360+B:

360+B > Gadget Finger > RC > Gurren Punish > RC > 3C xx 236+A

4102 damage, requires 100 heat lol. But if you're a pixel away from killing your opponent after the Gurren Punish, now you have options! Super situational combo.

RC>Gurren Punish doesnt work on everyone depending on how tall they are. These works on everyone if you have spark bolt. From jwiki (Dora = buster/driver):

360A> GF>RC> 2C> AC> Spark> MW 4300

360C> GF>RC> 2C> AC> Spark> MW 4400

360B> GF>RC> 2C> AC> Spark> MW 5100

The main thing i don't like about CP from EX is how they removed our meterless buster combos, and they do less damage using 100% meter. Its not a big deal though compared to his tons of other buffs which make up for this one loss. I dont even mind the AC change, because its alot better than i first realized. AC just needs to be tweaked to make them land a little closer so AC>6C>Gadget whiff works easily on everyone with mag midscreen and I wish you could do no mag AC>Bsledge into combo midscreen.

Made up a challenge 30 combo (Triple Spark Bolt combo)

OD > 623D > 5C > 6B > j.2C > 5B > 5C > 5D > 5B > 4D > 5C > 41236D > 2C > 236236B > 22D (Rapid Cancel) > 41236D/623D

I'll put up a video soon for it.

What's your position supposed to be in this combo? I suppose that Tager should be facing the corner (my j.2C doesn't land otherwise), but then I can't hit with the second 5B as the opponent flies over me.

What's your position supposed to be in this combo? I suppose that Tager should be facing the corner (my j.2C doesn't land otherwise), but then I can't hit with the second 5B as the opponent flies over me.

take the starting position when you are in the corner and walk forward a bit until you push azrael half a step and stay point blank. everything should connect then

Hey guys, new to BB completely and new to tager.

Is there one "catch-all" B&B type string that can

1) start from 5A,5B, or 5C (spacing, post gadget finger)

2) apply magnetism

3) doesn't require mag

4) doesn't require spark

5) sets up a good oki situation.

Looking at the combos, it looks like the ones that end in J.D-> Grand Punish are the best.

Hey guys, new to BB completely and new to tager.

Is there one "catch-all" B&B type string that can

1) start from 5A,5B, or 5C (spacing, post gadget finger)

2) apply magnetism

3) doesn't require mag

4) doesn't require spark

5) sets up a good oki situation.

Looking at the combos, it looks like the ones that end in J.D-> Grand Punish are the best.

5A>3C>Alsedge>5A>jA>jB>delay>jC>sjA>jC>jD>Gurren Punish

You have to be relatively close when you confirm it, but that's pretty normal for Tager's combos.

If you apply any other hits after the 5A confirm, it won't work. Easier to confirm, but significantly less damage combo is 5A>5B>5C>6A>3C>Gadget Finger

Hey guys. Just thought I submit some FC j.2C combos. They're mostly basic, magnetismless, and meterless (besides CT) combos so I'll try to find some more later.

Midscreen

FC j.2C > 5C > 6C > Bsledge > 5C > 6A > Asledge > 5C > 6A > AC > 2D DMG: 4.9k Heat: 35

FC j.2C > 5C > 6C > Bsledge > 5C > 6A > 6B > jc > (j.A > j.B > j.C x3) > GP DMG: 5.4k Heat: 46

FC j.2C > 5C > 6B > jc > j.B > j.C > 5C > 6C > Bsledge > 5A > sjc > j.A > j.C > j.D > GP DMG: 5k Heat: 36

(Air hit) FC j.2C > j.2C > 5B > 5C > 6C > Bsledge > 5C > 6A > Asledge > 5C > 6A > AC > 2D DMG: 5k Heat: 36

(Air hit) FC j.2C > CT > 5B > 6A > 6B > j.2C > 5B > 6A > 6B > jc > j.A > j.B > j.C > sjc > j.A > j.C > j.D > GP DMG: 5.4k Heat: 25 Heat REQ: 25

Corner

FC j.2C > 5C > 6C > Bsledge > 5C > 6A > 6B > jc > j.2C > 5B > 5C > 6A > AC > 2D DMG: 5.2k Heat: 37

FC j.2C > 5C > 6C > CT > 5B > 5C > Asledge > Hammer > 5C > 6B > jc > j.C > j.D > land > j > j.B > j.C > GP DMG: 6k Heat: 13 Heat REQ: 25

(Air hit) FC j.2C > CT > 5B > 5C > Asledge > 5C > 6C > Bsledge > 5C > 6B > jc > j.C > j.D > land > j > j.B > j.C > GP DMG: 6k Heat: 28 Heat REQ: 25

Uploading a basic combo video primer now that incorporates your FC stuff (albeit optimized, FC j2C in the corner goes all the way to 5.8k! :))

I forgot to put in the air hit version though, but wasn't too concerned. People can figure that out based on the other one's lol :kitty:

When it's done uploading it'll be here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q8Ox3O6IpM&feature=youtu.be (it was no where near done when I posted this link, but I gotta go to bed now so figured I'd post it while it uploads)

Sledge is fucking amazing for combos now.

Uploading a basic combo video primer now that incorporates your FC stuff (albeit optimized, FC j2C in the corner goes all the way to 5.8k! :))

I forgot to put in the air hit version though, but wasn't too concerned. People can figure that out based on the other one's lol :kitty:

When it's done uploading it'll be here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q8Ox3O6IpM&feature=youtu.be (it was no where near done when I posted this link, but I gotta go to bed now so figured I'd post it while it uploads)

Sledge is fucking amazing for combos now.

Yet another way for Tager to Spin You Baby Right Round.

Last night in my experimentation I didn't think to do Asledge > 3C > ac whiff midscreen. I kinda don't like comboing into 2C vs a grounded opponent since it relies on knowing your close enough to do so. Which is possible of course, I just need more experience.

For the most reliable combos you pretty much always go straight to 3C ASAP. Even 6A can fuck up your spacing at times. That's why I put some "easy" versions of combos in that vid that are more reliable.

For the most reliable combos you pretty much always go straight to 3C ASAP. Even 6A can fuck up your spacing at times. That's why I put some "easy" versions of combos in that vid that are more reliable.

Yeah that's a good point. Though when you're just tossing out attacks after something like GF, sometimes its hard to hitconfirm into 3C if you're brainslow like me.

If you Fatal Counter someone with j.2C while they're mid-air, they get launched too high for 5C > 6C. Anyone got a good combo for this situation?

Edit: Fatal j.2C > j.2C > 5B > 5C > slight charge 6A > 2C > whiff Gadget > 5A > 5B > 5C > slight charge 6A > 2C > whiff Gadget > 5A > 5B > sj. A > j. C> j. D xx Gurren Punish.

Requires magnetism. 4733 damage. Can anyone do better?

After an air hit FC j2C you are able to go straight into CT I believe. FC also allows 6a>6b. I'm not home right now so I can't test anything but if you watch that vid you'll see a bunch of FC j2C routes that you can probably adapt somehow.

You're right, you can go straight into Crush Trigger, but I found it to be a little inconsistent. If you're too high, you won't recover in time for it to connect. It adds about 500 damage to the combo below, when you replace the second j.2C with CT:

Air hit FC j.2C > j.2C > 5B > 5C > 6C xx B-Sledge > 5C > 6A xx A-Sledge > 5C > 6A > (2C) xx Atomic Collider > Gadget Finger - Does over 5000, very easy and high damage.

Here was a combo from one of those combo videos.

(Opponent in the corner) 5C > 6A > 2C> delay asledge > 5C > 6B > j.C > j.D > 5C > 6B > sj.C > j.B > j.C > GP 5013

But here is a revamp to that combo for an extra 61 damage lol. There is a possibility of increasing the damage for a few combos as well by adding a j.B before the wall bounce of j.D. But it runs the risk of dropping on the smaller characters possibly.

5C > 6A > 2C> delay asledge > 5C > 6B > sj.C > j.B > j.D > 5C > 6B > sj.C > j.B > j.C > GP 5074

More testing will be done

Edit: It does indeed increase the damage of other combos. It doesn't increase it by much but every bit helps and its good for totally maximizing damage for those that want ALL the damage.

Edit2: Another Revamp!!!! 5C > 6A > 2C> delay asledge > 5C > 6B > j.2C > 5B > j.C > j.D > 6B > sj.C > j.B > j.C > GP 5128

And another combo 5C > 6A > 2C> delay asledge > 5C > 6B > j.2C > 2B > 5B > j.C > jD> 6B > 2C > MTW > TB > GF 6432 add AC after 2C then SB OD MTW > TB > GF for 7055 (6595 w/OD)

some corner combos

j.B>5A>5B>5C>6A>3C>236A>5A>4D>5C>6B>5D>236B>236A

does around 3k

2B>2C>236A>5A>4D>5C>6B>j.C>j.D>5C>5D>236B>236A

3.5k~ish Damage

not really damaging but oki is pretty good

you can add an Gadget Finger at the end for extra meter or want GF-oki in the corner

I found the old video that had the FCH combo.

Does NOT require magnetism.

j.2C>5C>6C>(JC)>j.2C>5B>6A>6B>(JC)>j.2C>5B>6A>A-Sledge>5C>6A>AC>623D>ODC>MTW>TB>GF 7452 (36 Heat gained before MTW ender)

7562 damage if you put a 2C in between 6A>AC (38 Heat gained before MTW ender)

Source: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21266359

Of course you can do it without the ODC. Without OD it is 7000 exactly. 7110 if you include the 2C.

What combos can you do off a normal throw or raw AC? Can't find in OP.

Are you looking for raw collider combos from midscreen or corner? Near the corner he can combo from it easily but from Midscreen he can only continue into a combo with sparkbolt or rapid cancel now after AC. Even with magnetism only a couple characters can be comboed from AC easily midscreen.

I love doing his new magged ACx2 trap/resets. It forces them to air tech just off the ground backwards directly in front of you, and if they dont tech you get a free blue beat combo for more damage. Works great on most chars but some can actualy fly past you if thier air tech hitbox is to small.

Raw multi AC combos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En85I942YmQ&t=2115

AC Midscreen Magged:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPBii6FVL8U&t=3m3s

AC Midscreen Rapid Cancel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXqN1bsvjGQ&t=1m1s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdyM-CorcSw&feature=youtu.be&t=1m43s

So what do you do with a worst case raw AC? As in, midscreen, unmagged, no heat and no spark.

So what do you do with a worst case raw AC? As in, midscreen, unmagged, no heat and no spark.

2D

Pretty much. Raw AC is almost worthless now :(

I don't think 2D even works on some characters.

---

Currently optimizing this:

Corner 5C Confirm (towards corner) -> MTW

DM: 5833

5C > 6A > 2C > Asledge > 5C > 6B > jC > jD > 5C > 6B > j2C > 5B > 5C > 6A > 2C > AC > 45-Spark > MTW > GF

Keep Corner (doesn't require Spark Bolt either). I'd only recommend this if you're going to follow-up with TB though.

DM: 5406

5C > 6A > 2C > Asledge > 5C > 6B > jC > jD > 5C > 6B > j2C > 5B > 4D > 3C > MTW > GF

Lets call spark NSpark (Neutral) or DSpark (Diagonal) to shorten the notation. Those combos are awesome btw. I am tying to optimize j.B combos since it hits the most often with our 50/50 mixups. We Tagers should honestly work on optimizing our midscreen combos mostly and pickup combos off random hits.